What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne "No Try"

age.s

First Grade
Not sure what angles got played on 9, but I'm sure I saw that angle which Dean Richie posted at the game. Wife even commented that its just Dyl being so white his arm is the same colour as the ball.

Fwiw I thought we got lucky with the Sorensen call, but Melbourne had a challenge and decided not to use it so not sure what people want.

kurt faulk

Coach

I don't understand why the 9 colour commentators always sound depressed. Enjoy the game. Thank God for foxtel coverage. I only need to listen to these guys for the gf.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I don't understand why the 9 colour commentators always sound depressed. Enjoy the game. Thank God for foxtel coverage. I only need to listen to these guys for the gf.

yes 4 times a year is 4 times too many! Please tell me the test matches are on Fox?

SBD82

Coach
Can’t believe how many people saw who the OP was, and still didn’t take the time to consider whether he might be wrong.

Embarrassing.

MKCS

Juniors
The situation last night was a no try but I understand why people don't have faith in the NRL referees, they truly are the worst referees in any major sporting league that I've seen.

Maximus

Coach
Do any of the "bunker was right" people want to explain how it wasn't a Melbourne penalty 2m out for the mid-air contact?

taste2taste

Juniors
I grew sick and tired of Matt Thomson telling us constantly what a good game it was. Just commentate and we can work it out for ourselves.
If you have to tell people how good something is it usually means it stinks.

Thompson is an ass, his commentary sounds like an 8 yr old at those Easter Show stands where you can do your own commentary, scream about everything.

As part of the next TV deal the NRL need to put it in the contract Gus, Joey and Thompson get the sack.

Back to the post, the press that saw the vision all agree the ball was held up. Even if it was a try they lose by 2 instead of 8. Melbourne lose whichever way you slice it.

Canard

Immortal
Do any of the "bunker was right" people want to explain how it wasn't a Melbourne penalty 2m out for the mid-air contact?
Is there any good footage of it? My first thought was it was not a big deal, but would be keen to see another angle of it.

9s coverage, even live, was very poor and seemed to cut to another camera, that barely showed it

Maximus

Coach
Is there any good footage of it? My first thought was it was not a big deal, but would be keen to see another angle of it.

9s coverage, even live, was very poor and seemed to cut to another camera, that barely showed it

You can see it in this. They even pause when it happens.

He was still in possession when he was shoved. It's no less dangerous than grabbing someone.

Canard

Immortal

You can see it in this. They even pause when it happens.

He was still in possession when he was shoved. It's no less dangerous than grabbing someone.
It's borderline at best, I don't think it's a big issue, it's certainly not dangerous or reckless.