What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne "No Try"

Munky

Coach
I go for the Carolina Panthers. I still have a sore bottom over getting reamed by the refs in Super Bowl 50. I'm not going to deny anyone their hurt.

Cam Newtown would have been thrown out of the Penrith Panthers for his refusal to jump on the ball in a title game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Funny how the 'forearm' under the ball suddenly goes from white to flesh coloured. :eek:

Personal opinion is it was a try, but it's been and gone and there's nothing we can do about it.
But yet again the bunker has made a complete fool of the game by claiming that there is conclusive evidence when there isn't. All they had to do was say "video is inconclusive and there is not enough evidence to overturn". We wouldn't have liked it but it would have been a case of that's the rule and fair enough. Instead by claiming there is concrete evidence to prove their case and not being able to produce it - even the neutrals are 50-50 about was it or wasn't it - the NRL again proves that it isn't up to speed.

Then again, Atkins is about as bright as a single glow worm in Khazad-Dum so it's hardly a surprise.
Go look at any image or video of it you want. Look exactly where the highlighted arm is for an arm and stop thinking its a ball. You will see the arm yourself .

The only doctoring that photo has is an outline of the arm that makes it easy to distinguish from the ball. It lines up perfectly with the other angle too. Whereas the ball being on the grass would be impossible. Its not even possible the point could touch the ground with how he is carrying it. The end of the ball is tucked between his forearm and bicep.

Bunker got it right beyond any doubt. A bunch of haters on the internet being too stupid or blind to see the arm doesn’t change that.

Billy Slater called it live that his own arm was underneath it. Cam Munster saw the bunker footage and admits they got it right. The Storm owner was shown the same footage along with the media after the game and was satisfied they got it right. Thats why Bellamy glossed over it in press conference.

What this highlights is we need better broadcast quality. They have 4k cameras recording these games and we get grainy pixelated sub HD streams broadcast to us from channel 9.

sportsnut

Juniors
Your own CEO and chairman have stated it wasn't a try. Don't tell me you think they're in on the plot too? Forget about what the rest of the peanut gallery thinks.

LOL. You don't realise that literally as soon as game ended NRL officials went straight into damage control showing the media certain angles of try and then talking to Craig Bellamy and Storm officials and telling them not to say anything negative about it in media which was also passed on to players.

As I said previously it was definitely a call that went against the Storm and it happens. Just sucked for them it happened in GF which they lost. Shit happens.

Panthers.

Latest posts