What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm alleged incident

The NRL has been made aware of a video on social media that allegedly shows Melbourne Storm players in a room where there is a white substance on a table.

Nine journalist Danny Weidler tweeted, "(it's) too early to say investigation launched", but the integrity unit has been notified.

"Having seen the video it's not a great look," Weidler said.

"Another concern is they have been betrayed by people in the room with them."

News Corp reports the video shows two Storm players in a room which has at least six people in it, including the person filming.

The Storm were bundled out of the premiership race on Saturday in a 10-6 loss to Penrith.

MOD NOTE: Do not post the video, and do not name names.

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
1 week suspensions?

Luckily they didn't accidentally clip someone in the head whilst playing footy, could've seen them miss 4+ weeks.

NRL has completely lost sight of the big picture.
Or BBQ a snag! That’s even worse!

Mojo

Bench
Does anyone actually give even a quarter of a f**k about this "leadership group", how is that even a punishment?
No. Obviously the leaders who select the leaders aren’t very good at it, and the leaders aren’t very good leaders - so, it doesn’t seem very effective. I’m waiting for someone to say it’s all gone bad since Smith left and the Greco Roman wrestling and debating skills classes weren’t able to be offered any longer.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
What a bunch of wankers, setting a punishment that cannot be done... at least one of those 213 past players is dead. The hubris of Storm never ceases to disgust me.
Particularly given how that player supposedly died, I thinking locking the 3 of them in a small space with his remains so they can apologise directly to him would be a fitting punishment

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm a bit miffed by the ethical code of so many posters here, who seem absolutely confident in the belief that humping a dog is more ok than doing a bit of coke on a night out?

Personally I'm all for an occasional bit of sniff and I mostly steer clear of bestiality (and drinking my own piss for that matter) but you do you my bros

morley101

Juniors
I'm a bit miffed by the ethical code of so many posters here, who seem absolutely confident in the belief that humping a dog is more ok than doing a bit of coke on a night out?

Personally I'm all for an occasional bit of sniff and I mostly steer clear of bestiality (and drinking my own piss for that matter) but you do you my bros
Pearce was simulating humping not actually doing it a huge big difference .

betcats

Referee
Honestly what did they actually investigate in their “robust investigation” ? I mean I don’t really care what the powder was personally but I find it absolutely comical they got up there in front of the media and claimed the players couldn’t remember but it had been investigated. Don’t go on about higher standards bla bla if they aren’t even going to admit what it was and just own up to it, and to get up there talking about their investigation while not providing any info that was not completely obvious after one viewing of the videos is just laughable. The whole thing was a pathetic attempt at damage control and it looked amateur, very un-storm like.

kit66

Bench
Honestly what did they actually investigate in their “robust investigation” ? I mean I don’t really care what the powder was personally but I find it absolutely comical they got up there in front of the media and claimed the players couldn’t remember but it had been investigated. Don’t go on about higher standards bla bla if they aren’t even going to admit what it was and just own up to it, and to get up there talking about their investigation while not providing any info that was not completely obvious after one viewing of the videos is just laughable. The whole thing was a pathetic attempt at damage control and it looked amateur, very un-storm like.

Exactly.
Can anyone tell me why the pair weren't drug tested ? I mean if you're going to investigate a possible breach involving " possible " drugs wouldn't a drug test be the first thing you do ? I've seen people I work with shown the door because they failed a drug test.

Corner_Post

Juniors
Exactly.
Can anyone tell me why the pair weren't drug tested ? I mean if you're going to investigate a possible breach involving " possible " drugs wouldn't a drug test be the first thing you do ? I've seen people I work with shown the door because they failed a drug test.

“The club is not permitted to drug test the players,” Rodski said. “Drug testing is done by the NRL.”

“That is part of the CBA (collective bargaining agreement) in association with the RLPA (Rugby League Players Association).”

According to Rodski, the NRL’s testing policy, which covers hazardous and illicit drugs, does not extend into the players’ off-season.

Gareth67

First Grade
16973CFB-129E-4AF5-83BA-A27302CA0B85.jpeg
Sickening . Already the media is preparing their sad sob stories for the hoon .

Look at at those eyes , would you ever believe that he is the type of player that kicks an opponent whilst lying on the ground unprotected ? 😥

kit66

Bench

“The club is not permitted to drug test the players,” Rodski said. “Drug testing is done by the NRL.”

“That is part of the CBA (collective bargaining agreement) in association with the RLPA (Rugby League Players Association).”

According to Rodski, the NRL’s testing policy, which covers hazardous and illicit drugs, does not extend into the players’ off-season.

Thanks for the info.
Kinda doesn't make sense then does it ? Kind of " do whatever you want in the off season, just don't get caught or we'll throw the book at you ".
Fair enough I guess but how does that reconcile now with Munster banned from Alcohol for a year.

Latest posts