What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm alleged incident

The NRL has been made aware of a video on social media that allegedly shows Melbourne Storm players in a room where there is a white substance on a table.

Nine journalist Danny Weidler tweeted, "(it's) too early to say investigation launched", but the integrity unit has been notified.

"Having seen the video it's not a great look," Weidler said.

"Another concern is they have been betrayed by people in the room with them."

News Corp reports the video shows two Storm players in a room which has at least six people in it, including the person filming.

The Storm were bundled out of the premiership race on Saturday in a 10-6 loss to Penrith.

MOD NOTE: Do not post the video, and do not name names.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
I’ve read that Cameron said that this would not have happened under his watch , yeah right remember Proctor and Bromwich lol

Last edited:

Knight76

Juniors
Mate you're right. I get all this. The part I highlight in your post is probably my gripe. Very few actually give a toss about the legality but are concerned about the optics, so to improve that and/or to push their point pretend to care that its illegal.

I'll go back to my first post in this thread: Does any reasonable person give a f**k if someone wants to snort coke anymore?

I believe the answer is something like "no, just be responsible don't over do it and don't bloody film it you twit".

The effects of snorting a $300 bag of coke won't hurt them or their families more than the fine and stigma that results.

People may not give two shits what some one else does in their spare time. But I sure as shit care what my kids do. The reason that is appropriate is because the NRL, Storm, sponsors all need to be seen as family friendly.

Are you seriously telling your kids, your teens coming through to adulthood, Hey, no probs snorting a bag of dope, have at it?

It really doesn't matter what you or I think of these blokes actions. What matters is what the NRL, and the money people think.

Rightly or wrongly that is how it is! I'm sure the NRL and storm don't jump on LU and go well geez, seems not to be a big deal so we will let em off.

Fact - Doing dope is illegal.
Fact - The NRL, sponsors etc will do everything they can to protect their family friendly brand which is why we have the no fault stand down guilty until proven innocent rule. Brought in to stop the outcry and public perception the NRL is letting these accused blokes keep playing etc etc.

Personal morallity doesn't come in to it.

AJB1102

First Grade
I do.
People are horrible to be around when on that crap. You and your giggling bunch of c**k grabbing mates might think you are cool, the rest of us see a desperate loser.
Well you're past it old boy and outta touch. No one cares what you think of them. You and your rollie smoking, Toohey's Red drinking wife beating mates might think you're the grown ups but the rest of us see hopeless time proven losers getting left behind.
Are you seriously telling your kids, your teens coming through to adulthood, Hey, no probs snorting a bag of dope, have at it?
These are men in their 20s. I ain't telling them shit, they can make their own choices.

T-Boon

Coach
That Big stiffy Smiffy underpants ad is embarrassing. Cashing in on being seen as a character is a bad move.
Sniffy Smiffy is now like that rugby dip shit that calls himself the honey badger. Cringe worthy.

stryker

First Grade
Well you're past it old boy and outta touch. No one cares what you think of them. You and your rollie smoking, Toohey's Red drinking wife beating mates might think you're the grown ups but the rest of us see hopeless time proven losers getting left behind.

These are men in their 20s. I ain't telling them shit, they can make their own choices.
Enjoy your drugs you piece of human filth.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Damn, absolutely blown away by the pearl clutching attitudes here. Really goes to show how in some respects you can be living a sort of parallel existence to people you think you’re on the same wavelength as. I just can’t comprehend why anyone would care.

Floodwaters

Juniors
You feel sorry for the guys really, they dig in all year and want to unleash and some grub ruins it for them filming them and f**king them over

Perth Red

Post Whore
We've never really needed a good 6. A spine of Papa, Hughes and Grant should be enough. Sack him off to the expansion club when his contract is up and spend that mill on upgrading 2 or 3 quality players in other positions.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL Integrity Unit: Warriors and Storm​

National Rugby League | October 5 2021 11:18AM

The NRL has provided an update on two Integrity Unit investigations.

REECE WALSH (NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS)

The National Rugby League (NRL) has issued New Zealand Warriors Player Reece Walsh with a Breach Notice for failing to comply with the game's Code of Conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.

The Notice proposes Walsh is fined $5000, suspended for 2 matches and must complete education and training as directed by the NRL.

The particulars of the Breach Notice are that Walsh was charged with contravening a police direction and possessing a dangerous drug on the Gold Coast on 25 September 2021.

Walsh has 5 business days to respond to the Breach Notice.

CAMERON MUNSTER, BRANDON SMITH & CHRIS LEWIS (MELBOURNE STORM)

The NRL has issued Melbourne Storm Players Cameron Munster, Brandon Smith and Chris Lewis with Breach Notices alleging they brought the game into disrepute.

The Breach Notices propose Munster is fined $30,000 and suspended for 1 match, Smith is fined $15,000 and suspended for 1 match, Lewis is fined $4000 and suspended for 1 match and all three are required to complete education and training as directed by the NRL.

The fines proposed take into account the varying salaries of each individual.

The particulars of the Breach Notices are that the players featured in videos, which emerged publicly on 27 and 28 September 2021, which depicted the players acting in a manner which brought the game into disrepute.

The players each have 5 business days to respond to their Breach Notice.

NRL Integrity Unit: Warriors and Storm » League Unlimited

Knight76

Juniors
From what I saw Smith was seated at the table with the suspicious substance in front of him, Munster just dancing.

Additional fine for Munster the Melbourne f**kwit tax or just that we had to have that dancing inflicted on us all?