What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm alleged incident

The NRL has been made aware of a video on social media that allegedly shows Melbourne Storm players in a room where there is a white substance on a table.

Nine journalist Danny Weidler tweeted, "(it's) too early to say investigation launched", but the integrity unit has been notified.

"Having seen the video it's not a great look," Weidler said.

"Another concern is they have been betrayed by people in the room with them."

News Corp reports the video shows two Storm players in a room which has at least six people in it, including the person filming.

The Storm were bundled out of the premiership race on Saturday in a 10-6 loss to Penrith.

MOD NOTE: Do not post the video, and do not name names.

Last edited:

wittyfan

Referee
It could just be some icing sugar.

Will be interesting to see how they can work it out what it is exactly from video.

Canard

Immortal
I'm pro-legalising a lot of recreational drug use.

But let's be adults, and stop this childish "it's not hurting anyone" line.

If you think the manufacture, distribution and supply of Class As "hurts no- one" you're a gullible idiot.

colly

Juniors

theaustralian.com.au0:10

Melbourne Storm stars at centre of video drama​

The Storm were knocked out of the NRL finals by Penrith last weekend. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images The Storm were knocked out of the NRL finals by Penrith last weekend. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images

• Phil Rothfield and Peter Badel​

• News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
  • An hour ago September 28, 2021
The NRL Integrity Unit will interview Melbourne Storm stars Brandon Smith and Cameron Munster over mobile phone footage of the pair in a hotel room with a mystery white substance.
The footage emerged on Monday, just hours before the pair attended rugby league’s Dally M Awards night presentation in Brisbane.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy confirmed the matter had been passed onto the NRL integrity unit and said everybody at the club was hurt by the allegations given Melbourne’s culture of excellence.

Watch Fox Leagues’s massive line-up of Grand Final week coverage on Kayo including live pre-game, halftime and post-game coverage with full analysis from the best team in the business. New to Kayo? Start your free trial >

Bellamy was speaking just moments after being named the Dally M coach of the year.

“Obviously I know of the incident,” he said. “I haven’t spoken to those guys yet in detail.

“It’s in front the integrity unit so we will see what happens from there.

Brandon Smith in the video with a white substance on the table. Brandon Smith in the video with a white substance on the table.
“It hurts everybody.

“I don’t know the full details yet. I don’t want to be saying something if it’s not right.

“I don’t know the absolute details and don’t want to comment any further.”

The Daily Telegraph has obtained a copy of the mobile phone footage, which has also been seen by the NRL Integrity Unit, showing the two players in a hotel room with what appears to be a white substance on a coffee table.

Latest posts