What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm alleged incident

The NRL has been made aware of a video on social media that allegedly shows Melbourne Storm players in a room where there is a white substance on a table.

Nine journalist Danny Weidler tweeted, "(it's) too early to say investigation launched", but the integrity unit has been notified.

"Having seen the video it's not a great look," Weidler said.

"Another concern is they have been betrayed by people in the room with them."

News Corp reports the video shows two Storm players in a room which has at least six people in it, including the person filming.

The Storm were bundled out of the premiership race on Saturday in a 10-6 loss to Penrith.

MOD NOTE: Do not post the video, and do not name names.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
If these blokes want to snort this shite that is originally extracted using petrol and acetone by some Colombian or Peruvian farmer that is their choice. FMD though Munsters actions in the video certainly point to why he is a farkwit of the highest order on the field!

The_Frog

First Grade
If these blokes want to snort this shite that is originally extracted using petrol and acetone by some Colombian or Peruvian farmer that is their choice. FMD though Munsters actions in the video certainly point to why he is a farkwit of the highest order on the field!
It must have been harrowing to have been spanked in public by JFH.

Dogs Of War

Coach
There would be plenty of people in that room who have never met these players and will never see them again. They are all off thier face on coke and you're asking them to make reasonable decisions ? Of course they are going to film 'celebrities' doing drugs and share it with thier mates.

Didn't someone film a player taking drugs last year and try and black mail them? I'll leak this footage unless you give me 50k

I'm putting it on the players to make that an edict. I've done my fair share of this sort of stuff, and you are aware of whats going on around you most of the time. Not a hard thing to say just don't or your out of here.

Chippy73

Bench
Yep, because only good things can happen with half the population off thier face on drugs ( face slapping emoji )

In the past the NRL has given players a slap on the wrist for the same offence. They'll get a fine and a 1 game suspension.
Yeh, except there is zero evidence that that would be the result of legalizing (and regulating..this bit is important) drugs, we do know it would blow the f**k out of the incentives for organised crime and likely vastly reduce deaths from OD.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh, except there is zero evidence that that would be the result of legalizing (and regulating..this bit is important) drugs, we do know it would blow the f**k out of the incentives for organised crime and likely vastly reduce deaths from OD.
Well there kind of is when you look at tobacco and alcohol use which is legal. Making this sht easier to get, more socially acceptable to take and cheaper to buy isn’t a great public health strategy!

Mark B

Juniors
The problems with legalisation of recreational drugs are the governments that then run it via controls and taxes. The Mexican Cartels still move tons of weed to the US even though there are states that have legalised it. Illinois is a great example. Its legal to smoke weed recreationally, then the county and state taxes on weed is f**king massive. This extra cost is then moved onto the weed consumer. So for less money and more product, you can still buy it from “Your regular dealer”. Black market weed is still thriving, even though you can buy it from licensed shops. One thing has been shown, governments will f**k it up if it happens.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The problems with legalisation of recreational drugs are the governments that then run it via controls and taxes. The Mexican Cartels still move tons of weed to the US even though there are states that have legalised it. Illinois is a great example. Its legal to smoke weed recreationally, then the county and state taxes on weed is f**king massive. This extra cost is then moved onto the weed consumer. So for less money and more product, you can still buy it from “Your regular dealer”. Black market weed is still thriving, even though you can buy it from licensed shops. One thing has been shown, governments will f**k it up if it happens.

They may do. But those I know who get medical grade in Australia swear by it. Cause it's consistent in what you will get. Black market pot is all over the place quality wise, price doesn't always dictate quality in those instances.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does it hurt sweat prince when it effects your team, just Imagine if this was Cronulla you’ll be having a field day.
At first I thought it was maybe Hynes and Finucane getting ready to join the Cronulla culture, but then saw it was Munster and the cheese which didn't exactly make me fall off my chair in surprise.

Mark B

Juniors
They may do. But those I know who get medical grade in Australia swear by it. Cause it's consistent in what you will get. Black market pot is all over the place quality wise, price doesn't always dictate quality in those instances.
Price v demand v product will always be part of equation. One thing I will never underestimate when it comes to outlaw activities is the ability of the outlaws to keep their product moving and being one step above the law. When you look how the weed trade has transformed from bush crops to hydro crops. I am confident the outlaw side of things will not miss a beat even if the government starts to produce and sell weed.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Its amazing to see how much Melbourne has fallen not only on the field but off the field. Interesting to note how much Cammo Smith was controlling this team for Melb never to see negative headlines.

Thats the thing. If you are going to do something like this. You must know that phones are to be banned from filming. You just never know where it's going to end up.

Just stupid.

If these idiots are going to have "private celebrations" - they should make a simple rule that all mobile phones, devices, cameras etc are locked away until it's over.

Trying to get a 20-something-year-old to part with their mobile phone might be like trying to take a bone from a pitbull, but it's as simple as that. Phones are like loaded guns.

They should be charged with Grade 5 stupidity. And the gronk who took the footage be banished to Siberia..

Last Week

Bench
Christ...who gives a f**k....all drugs should be legalised (and then regulated) anyway.

The only banned drugs for sportsmen should be performance enhancing ones.
Cool story, but as it stands, it's illegal.

And WADA aren't likely to allow it even if it were legalised in Australia.

seanoff

Juniors
Ex New York Yankees short stop Derek Jeter made people put their phones in basket if he was having a party etc. If you couldn’t be without your phone, no entry. That applied to everyone who was there.

I reckon it might start happening here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its amazing to see how much Melbourne has fallen not only on the field but off the field. Interesting to note how much Cammo Smith was controlling this team for Melb never to see negative headlines.
not our first time and wont be our last, players will be players and signing a contract for a particular club doesn't stop you from being a fckwit!
Yeh we've fallen so far on the field this year lol.

Generalzod

Immortal
not our first time and wont be our last, players will be players and signing a contract for a particular club doesn't stop you from being a fckwit!
Yeh we've fallen so far on the field this year lol.
How long does the NRL have to put up with this kind of shit from this club…

The_Frog

First Grade
Black market pot is all over the place quality wise, price doesn't always dictate quality in those instances.
It's a long time since I touched this stuff, and looking back I didn't even like it very much, it was more a peer pressure thing. But even 40 years ago price was determined by scarcity rather than quality, and quality was highly variable.