What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm just won the Premiership tonight

GONZO72

Juniors
The roosters are missing LOD and Cordner.
Melbourne can't win a comp with 3 superstars and 3 decent first graders and 11 very average players.
They are cheats, that will never change.
Souths are injury free, judiciary free, and have the NRL in their back pocket
Manly are the darkhorse. All of a sudden, both the roosters and Souths would much rather play the cheating storm in the first week.

firechild

First Grade
Wouldn't surprise me to see Manly and Melbourne win in week 1 leaving the Roosters and Souffs with a tough road to the GF. Melbourne's form has been patchy but they know how to win when it matters. Same can be said of Manly but they've looked pretty good lately.

Sleep

Juniors
Melbourne are still the team to beat for me. They've got all the experience and tend to kick it up a gear come the finals.

Souths have a hobbled Inglis and haven't looked good at all of late. Inglis isn't going to get any better and without him at 100% they lose a ton of strike power.

big hit!

Bench
Ok so they lost 28-8, however some things that I saw tonight in their performance gives me supreme confidence that come finals time it will all click together and they will be unstoppable.

Well done on back to back Storm

yep. we all saw some things

another quality thread.

LESStar58

Referee
I'm glad the OP is confident but I'm predicting, at best, a preliminary final apperance for the Storm and nothing else.

I'm confident of Melbourne beating Souffs and progressing to week 3. Not so confident about them beating the Roosters though.

Manly Vs. Roosters grand final.

LESStar58

Referee
No. At best they are the 3rd best team in the comp and possibly 4th. Smith is 30. Cronk is 30. Slater is 30.

They don't have enough left to compete with younger, faster, bigger, stronger and hungrier players for all of September.

See you in week 1, bitch.

natheel

Coach
I think it'll be a Souths v Manly gf

First week

Manly v Roosters - Manly
Souths v Storm - Souths

Prelims

Manly v Storm
Souths v Roosters

Sphagnum

Coach
No. At best they are the 3rd best team in the comp and possibly 4th. Smith is 30. Cronk is 30. Slater is 30.

They don't have enough left to compete with younger, faster, bigger, stronger and hungrier players for all of September.

Have to travel a long way to read something more geniused than this comment

Yeh...experience counts for nothing.

Souths won it in July...still celebrating.

Latest posts