What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm just won the Premiership tonight

Ulysseus

Bench
2242971.jpg

the dude

Juniors
They will only have week 2 in Melbourne.

They will have to win twice in the space of a week in Sydney against elite teams to be premiers. Won't happen.

#4 on my powerrankings

No. If they win week 1 of the finals they won't have to play in Sydney again until the grand final. Twice in 4 weeks - where did you get twice in 1 week from?

Danny-Boy

Juniors
They dropped tonights game on purpose. Storm playing it smart, they want to play Souffs week 1 of the semis because they'll be easy beats. They'll wait and see the winner of Souffs vs Roosters on Friday night and act accordingly. They can put 60 on the titans next week and claim 3rd if Souffs finish 2nd.

Home final week 3 and into the GF.

They're in the drivers seat, they've got the premiership sewn up.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
No. If they win week 1 of the finals they won't have to play in Sydney again until the grand final. Twice in 4 weeks - where did you get twice in 1 week from?

The bloke is a dead set gimp

He embodies everything I hate about Souffs fans.

You would thing after 40 years of nothing, he and the other Souffs fans would keep their mouths shut, and stay under the radar.

But no, he is telling us repeatedly that The Storm have no hope. How could you write them off after the way they strolled through the finals last year?

They would have won those 3 finals games regardless of where they were played.

Doesn't mean they will again this year, but only a gimp would be writing them off.

A Bunniesgimp.

Brutus

Referee
Ok so they lost 28-8, however some things that I saw tonight in their performance gives me supreme confidence that come finals time it will all click together and they will be unstoppable.

Well done on back to back Storm

They always have a loss like this before the finals.

The game against Manly mean't nothing.

They are still very much in the mix.

A Souths v Storm GF.

Diesel

Referee
A timely reminder to the Storm, the loss will do more good than harm and both teams would be playing away in the first week of the finals

GONZO72

Juniors
This thread should be in the troll cave. One of the more ridiculous threads of 2013.
Manly have crushed a feeble storm, the salary cap cheats, by 20 points. Their pathetic forward pack was exposed for what it is......old and slow, lacking skill, and courage.
Ryles, Harris, Norrie, Bromwich boys, and Proctor are ordinary.
Without smith, the storm wouldn't make the eight. Pure crap

GONZO72

Juniors
Not forgetting that Brett Finch is washed up, Blair is a turnstile, and the wingers have little class when it counts.

simostorm

Bench
Had most of me hearing blown out by a grenade explosion in Nam... Muffled me hearing abit.. since 2010 all I hear about Melbourne is that they are a bunch of Celery Eating Gherkins..
My Point? A team on this diet.. a team this healthy.. they'll be back.. Don't write them off yet.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Assuming they lose week 1 it'll mean they'll have had 3 games in Sydney against top teams (week 1, week 3, GF) if they are to go all the way.

Twice in 1 week is the 6/7 days between the prelim and the GF.

the dude

Juniors
Assuming they lose week 1 it'll mean they'll have had 3 games in Sydney against top teams (week 1, week 3, GF) if they are to go all the way.

Fair enough but I can't see them losing week 1.

The best case scenario for Souths is for us to not play Melbourne week 1. If both teams can get the win we can't meet until the grand final which is ideal

Evenflow

Bench

If we play you in week one we will win and i personally really want to play Souffs sp hopefully the cards fall our way. You can delude yourself into thinking that the big 3 are gone and over the hill (the same 3 that tore you a new one just a few weeks ago) but that's more wishful thinking than anything else. Last night was more an aberration than anything else and IMO we're still very much in the hunt to win the big one. Never know, it might've even helped ;-)

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fair enough but I can't see them losing week 1.

The best case scenario for Souths is for us to not play Melbourne week 1. If both teams can get the win we can't meet until the grand final which is ideal
We'll have to agree to disagree but I rate Easts above them and I rate us above them.

The only team I can imagine beating us is Easts and I can't imagine anyone else beating either of our teams.

In my opinion Souths and Easts will win week 1 and be hosting grand final qualifiers.
If we play you in week one we will win and i personally really want to play Souffs sp hopefully the cards fall our way. You can delude yourself into thinking that the big 3 are gone and over the hill (the same 3 that tore you a new one just a few weeks ago) but that's more wishful thinking than anything else. Last night was more an aberration than anything else and IMO we're still very much in the hunt to win the big one. Never know, it might've even helped ;-)
I think Melbourne is the clear 3rd best team in the comp. But I think the top 2 are there for a reason and I cannot see either of them losing a final at home.

Latest posts