What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm

stumped

Juniors
One would hope not, yet it would make sense, the cheating low life of the NRL setting up a feeder agreement with the Jets, lets see what this inept board spin in regards to denials..... come on Glenn, don't leave us disappointed

silverfox

Juniors
no way - say it isnt so - what happened to the roosters deal????? surely the melbourne storm in the current crisis couldnt be an option. Its just morally wrong!

Bluebag

Juniors
The Roosters would be the natural fit and their support over the past 5 years has been outstanding, but having said that I also like the Storm perhaps its my anti establishment outlook though and I did hear that rumour last week as well, given that this the last year of the deal with the roosters and planning needed for the future it will interesting to see when the announcement will be made.

silverfox

Juniors
The Roosters would be the natural fit and their support over the past 5 years has been outstanding, but having said that I also like the Storm perhaps its my anti establishment outlook though and I did hear that rumour last week as well, given that this the last year of the deal with the roosters and planning needed for the future it will interesting to see when the announcement will be made.

But bluebag - Melbourne storm epitomise everything about the anti establishment we hate - News Ltd who ruined rugby league. For a struggling team like newtown and is community based why align yourself with a team so abhorrent to the average league fan. Roosters on the other hand have done nothing but help the Jets out over the years - Newtown probably need to repay that in some though.

Red Bear

Referee
Was going to say, surely you'd look at continuing the Roosters relationship, seems the perfect feeder arrangement really.

greg

Juniors
Yes I have to say I'm not at all enthusiastic about getting into a partnership with the storm. The damage that club has done to the game is hard to look past. I also do not like the News Ltd association. I was hoping the roosters arrangement would be extended.

Bluebag

Juniors
The best fit for the club is the Roosters without a doubt, they have been 100% supportive for the Jets they are close, support functions and many fans turn up at Henson each game and the players true ambassadors for the game and the Roosters. It has always been a pleasure dealing with the Roosters and in fact I was in the offices last week and received a very warm welcome by several staff that I know.

But should it end I have no issue with the Storm, yes they are News Ltd but then again News took on John Quayle during Super League and I hate Qualye with a passion , I still remember his hatchet job on us in 83. (may he and Arko rot in hell) hence my support of Super League and now the Storm. I would prefer them to other clubs, but Roosters would my preferred choice.

I hope the rumour is wrong but only time will tell.

silverfox

Juniors
The best fit for the club is the Roosters without a doubt, they have been 100% supportive for the Jets they are close, support functions and many fans turn up at Henson each game and the players true ambassadors for the game and the Roosters. It has always been a pleasure dealing with the Roosters and in fact I was in the offices last week and received a very warm welcome by several staff that I know.

But should it end I have no issue with the Storm, yes they are News Ltd but then again News took on John Quayle during Super League and I hate Qualye with a passion , I still remember his hatchet job on us in 83. (may he and Arko rot in hell) hence my support of Super League and now the Storm. I would prefer them to other clubs, but Roosters would my preferred choice.I hope the rumour is wrong but only time will tell.

Bluebag, i dont see JohnQuayle or his cronies in cooee of the NRL. You should take expcetion to those at NSWRL: they are still cronies. But the Storm are a different kettle of fish. They represent everything NEwtown is not. I cant believe the board would be even considering switching from the roosters unless there was a fallout between the roosters and the jets. As you said. I cant see that coming from the roosters side as you said they are nice people. I hope the jets didnt do anything wrong to harm the relationship as i think the jets need the roosters more than the roosters need them.

Bluebag

Juniors
I hold a grudge against the NSWRl, ARL and the NRL which is co-owned by the ARL hence my contempt and perhaps slightly left wing politics. All of these boards are lacking in leadership, vision and is a job for the boys network.

I heard the rumours about Melbourne at the same time I heard Souths may drop Norths and form their own State Cup team. It will be interesting to see when an a decision will be made and for planning and stability it should be soon. If the Jets do go with the Storm they will need to spend more money on players as it would be a business decision to allow the Storm to shed players.

silverfox

Juniors
I hold a grudge against the NSWRl, ARL and the NRL which is co-owned by the ARL hence my contempt and perhaps slightly left wing politics. All of these boards are lacking in leadership, vision and is a job for the boys network.

I heard the rumours about Melbourne at the same time I heard Souths may drop Norths and form their own State Cup team. It will be interesting to see when an a decision will be made and for planning and stability it should be soon. If the Jets do go with the Storm they will need to spend more money on players as it would be a business decision to allow the Storm to shed players.

The storm say they need to shed 10 players - so how would newtown afford 10 players?? or is this some creative accounting by the storm to again get around the salary cap - why both being in bed with this mob! stick with the roosters I say!

I for one would hate it if we lost the Roosters as our "other half". As much I dislike the idea of feeder teams, the Chooks are the idea partner, as mentioned above. They're happy for us to play ALL our home games at Henson. They don't want any of their logo's on our jerseys, like Norths who have a big Rabbit on their sleeve.

The Storm are fully owned by news ltd and it was they who all but destroyed RL thanks to Super League. If the Jets were to go down the path of the Storm they'd lose of a lot of credibility and couldn't really market themselves as an alternative type of club, we'd be as bad as the rest of the NRL cronies.

stumped

Juniors
Bluebag, i dont see JohnQuayle or his cronies in cooee of the NRL. You should take expcetion to those at NSWRL: they are still cronies. But the Storm are a different kettle of fish. They represent everything NEwtown is not. I cant believe the board would be even considering switching from the roosters unless there was a fallout between the roosters and the jets. As you said. I cant see that coming from the roosters side as you said they are nice people. I hope the jets didnt do anything wrong to harm the relationship as i think the jets need the roosters more than the roosters need them.

My source is that is exactly the reason behind the Jets fishing for a new deal, it was a very influential board member who seems to think thats its his god given right to decide for all others the direction in which the club will take that insulted the integrity of some high ranking Roosters by suggesting the Roosters are holding players that are fit back from playing at Henson......... might I just add that in my opinion this member must surley be getting sick of paddling the wrong way up sh1t creek!!!

P.S dont count the sharks out should the storm deal fall through......

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
the storm have just established their own state cup side and are apparently quite happy with it, so why would they be chasing a deal with newtown, besides the deal with the roosters has been working pretty well for you guys

greg

Juniors
I can only presume their playing roster will be stacked with "fringe" players being paid very little so that they can keep their big 4. That being the case a 2nd feeder club would not be out of the question. Broncos and Titans have more than one feeder club so maybe the storm are thinking along those lines. I for one won't be happy being associated with them. I really hope we stick with the roosters.

silverfox

Juniors
the storm have just established their own state cup side and are apparently quite happy with it, so why would they be chasing a deal with newtown, besides the deal with the roosters has been working pretty well for you guys

i dont think its the storm doing the chasing.....byt the sound of it the jets are stuffing up he deal with the roosters

stumped

Juniors
Mate i can not make it any clearer, their is a certain member who holds a position on the jets board insulted the integrity of the roosters management/coaching staff in regards to players playing for the jets, so to save face he will/has to cover all tracks and report to his fellow board members that the grass is greener elsewhere!!! simply because he now has to open his mouth to tie his shoe laces.....

I hope this doesn't happen I've been very happy with our arrangement with Newtown and I would hate to see News get their grubby hands on a foundation club that needs to have its legacy and history live on. This has been a very good year for all three grades and looks like a sign of good things to come so lets hope that is not broken.

stumped

Juniors
I hope this doesn't happen I've been very happy with our arrangement with Newtown and I would hate to see News get their grubby hands on a foundation club that needs to have its legacy and history live on. This has been a very good year for all three grades and looks like a sign of good things to come so lets hope that is not broken.
Tonearm, thing is you make a very valid point, yet I fear Newtown is already in grubby hands and the longer the club is run in its current state the past is where Newtown will forever be remembered.