What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm...

Preniers

Juniors
Heard on the news thismorning that they may be re-llocated to Gold Coast, what does everyone think, I'm all for it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
nope i havnt herd it but i unsure yet
melbourne isnt really a league area but if we withdrawl that will only emphisis AFL's dominance in that state

perhaps we should conceed and cut our losses but if we stick it out, who knows

Pigskin

Juniors
its sorta good i guess .... don't know what news would be announcing that though

and doesn't help the "too many teams in Sydney" situation at all - move a Sydney team to the GC would be better

Oink !

Preniers

Juniors
It was on Sunrise, the sports disscussion part, apparently it was brought up in the meeting yesterday, as a possible future move.

JK

It would be the worst thing RL could do together with refusing the GC a license.

Shortsighted, parochial and without vision.

Kingytek

Juniors
Would be interesting what the Melbournites think about this. I dont think it would go down to well. I dont believe it's a possability although I love the storm I would like to see them on the Gold Coast but on the other hand Gold Coast needs a clean slate/fresh start by having a new team, with new mascot, team colours etc

Le Rouge

Juniors
Pretty disgraceful!!!!!!...........The Storm should stay in for the long haul.

The Gold Coast Sharks
The Gold Coast Rabbitohs
The Gold Coast Bulldogs

even The Gold Coast Bears

all sound better to me :p

Kingytek

Juniors
I would throw up if I saw the Bears named announced as their team.

How about the St George Illawarra Gold Coast Steelers. Sound good DRRRAGONS? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather see my team, Penrith, move to the Gold Coast then the Storm.

In the long run Rugby League MUST be in Melbourne. If we pull yet another expansion side out of a major city we are just kidding ourselves. How can you draw major national sponsors and nations TV deals if your sport is confined to just two states and a token Kiwi side?

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Not this again.....yawn, can't people in Sydney worry about something else. :roll: :?

You say it was discussed at a meeting yesterday.....by who?

If you say at the NRL meeting to discussed the 16th team issue, wrong.

The NRL and News Ltd are working together on a 10 year business plans for Storm (all having the club based in Melbourne).

There is also a shorter term business plan in place.

People WE AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

Stormwarning[c said:
]Not this again.....yawn, can't people in Sydney worry about something else. :roll: :?

You say it was discussed at a meeting yesterday.....by who?

If you say at the NRL meeting to discussed the 16th team issue, wrong.

The NRL and News Ltd are working together on a 10 year business plans for Storm (all having the club based in Melbourne).

There is also a shorter term business plan in place.

People WE AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

The problem you guys down there are fighting is that a group of about 10 people in the Sydney Media keep pushing the "Lets move the Storm" issue going.

Most people dont listen to the comments, but some do and this "If he siad it it must be true".

Keep in tmind....the same people were not to long ago asking "Why do we have the Warriors instead of Souths" and one of them even once said "We've lost the fight in Canberra to union, the Raiders should move".

Surandy

Bench
Far out, when is that typical Sydney media crap ever going to stop?!? Haven't we heard this about 100 times too many?

If the Storm go then there may as well be no NRL. Go back to your state based comps and forget forever competing on a national level.

The only people that truly want to see this happen is Beaussie and the AFL.

#-o

DIEHARD

----
Apparently the point was raised and hopefully dismissed its just a smokescreen. Melbourne wont move any time soon. Hopefully never.

I can see the marketing possibilities for the "GOLD COAST STORM" :lol:

Moving the Storm is putting up the white flag. AFL will ascend to being the undisputed #1 football code in Australia and the only way for Rugby League is down.

Maybe if the NRL supported the Storm the way the AFL supports the Lions we'd get some success.

Its like the NRL is staring at a toaster and wondering why it isnt working, wanting to throw it out. When all they had to do was plug it in.

t-ba

Post Whore
Melbourne's more important for the game than any other club at the moment.

Can't just throw in the towel. The VFL only won their niches because they had the guts to persevere through attrocious crowds and a low profile.

Stevo_G

Juniors
the storm should stick it out in melboune
always seems every year rumours about the melbourne storm and relocating f**ken stinks

storm007

Juniors
Sick of all the talk Storm are moving, We have to say down here and yes the NRL should put more in to Melbourne like the ADL have done with Brisbane and Sydney.