What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meli gonnnnnnnnnnnne?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Meli wouldnt be part of the quota.
I still think he's a forward playing on the flanks but in the past month he hasnt played all that badly apart from that huuuuuuuuge butcher job on what should of been a easy try on the weekend.

no1wolvesfan

Juniors
this is all rubbish over in warrington weve herd hes cumin 2 us and that paul cullens already sent out the contract

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not too fussed if he goes, he's been good recently but is still a defensive liability and we've got Vatuvei there to replace him.

mattyj

Juniors
Francis Meli`s future looks grim anyway with Vatuvei breathing down his neck. Especially if Ropati makes the move to 6 and then Mannering to start next season which will push Byrne out to the wing, that leaves Vatuvei vs Meli and its pretty silly to put a Winger on th Bench. My biggest worry is that if he stays and Kemp continues to play him regardless then Vatuvei may begin to lose form and confidence and look elsewhere.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah Winger iss one positiion where the salary cap doesn't allow you to keep a lot of unused talent either on the bench or in reserve grade. Really there's only room for two quality wingers in a side plus a good prospect, next year Vatuvei won't be a prospect any more and we'll be struggling to retain him, Meli and Byrne. Meli is probably the weakest link and therefore is a good chance of being cut.

Personally good luck to him if he goes, becuase unless he shifts into the forwards I can't see him being in the starting side for much longer his defence has always been pretty average ditto with his catching too. Vatuvei, Laiseni and Cooper are just waiting in the wings.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Next year for mine full strength would be

1. Webb
2. Meli
3. Toopi
4. Byrne
5. Vatuvei
6. Ropati
7. Fien

Meli would still make the starting line-up no worries. God knows what Mannering has done to overtake him at this point.

Iafeta

Referee
This is getting scarey, but I think you're spot on again TH.

I can still see Mannering working off the bench.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
funny that because on game day about a month or 2 ago Francis said he'd love nothing more than to be a one club man.

SFW

Juniors
The latest rumour over here is that Meli is signing for St Helens to replace the (apparently) Sharks-bound Darren Albert.

I've seen a fair bit of Meli and been impressed, surprised that some people on here don't think he's up to it. I think he would be a revelation in Superleague.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I guess we'll go after Tame Tupou as a replacement as he is second-tier and is behind the likes of bott, minto, tate, hodges etc

Phillips

Referee
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
I guess we'll go after Tame Tupou as a replacement as he is second-tier and is behind the likes of bott, minto, tate, hodges etc

theres a reason he's behind Bott, Minto, Tate & Hodges :x

he is not first grade quality

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
Whats wrong with Vatuvei? He's shown way more in first grade than Tupou. A club only needs two "name" wingers, backup can come from Bartercard. Byrne and Vatuvei should be our first choice wingers, with Vuna and other development players as backup.

Iafeta

Referee
I love Mick's attitude.

Yeah, this bloke wanted to get out because he doesn't feel he fits in anymore...

Yeah, we won't be replacing him under the salary cap.

Ta-ta Jones, Meli, Te Mata, Latu, Hello Grant Rovelli - when will management realise you can't make a good hangi without good meat.

Latest posts