What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mellor signs with souths

innsaneink

Referee
Good buy, despite his age.

Doesnt say how long for but it does add.........

Mellor, 190cm and weighing in at 108kg, will add some starch to the Rabbitohs' backline as the club struggles to attract big name players.

:lol:

Bib

Juniors
Ink do you reckon this improves our chances of signing Luke Macdougall to replace Patty Richards. Would love to see Luke at the tigers. With Hegarty to play one wing, maybe Watts on the other, i reckon the chances of Luke leaving the Burrow seem stronger

starch is a very important ingredient in a player althoug Paul Mellor levels of starch i would consider dubious at best, i was never the best player in my side but week in week out i did the job required of me and inspired my team mates.

IF South Sydney are signing along starch lines then they can expect a fruitful 2006.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Bib said:
Ink do you reckon this improves our chances of signing Luke Macdougall to replace Patty Richards. Would love to see Luke at the tigers. With Hegarty to play one wing, maybe Watts on the other, i reckon the chances of Luke leaving the Burrow seem stronger

I don't this improves your chances as Hegs will be on one wing and the Pup will be on the other. Luke really wants to stay with Souths and negotiations are moving forward. The best thing in Souths favour is the fact that Adam is there. Also Souths picked up Luke when no other team wanted him.

Watts has yet to be offered a contract and if he was to it would be to simply play Premier League and be there for depth.

innsaneink

Referee
Bib said:

Aaaah I dont think it will make much difference, Mad Pup is or should be a high priority for them...I dont think Mellor going will make much difference, though who knows?
I'd like Mad pup in our colours too.

Big Mick

Referee
innsaneink said:
Good buy, despite his age.

Doesnt say how long for but it does add.........

Mellor, 190cm and weighing in at 108kg, will add some starch to the Rabbitohs' backline as the club struggles to attract big name players.

:lol:

I laughed at that as well

simon says

First Grade
How much starch does Mellor have???He is a good player,a good pickup for Souths....but I agree with CDF,his levels of starch are dubious.

aussies1st

Staff member
He should bring some experience with his age. Should go well with South's new star Gordon

ozboy

Juniors
Souths are just getting worse and worse.

What the f%&k is Paul Mellor going to do next year.

Bib

Juniors
Brutus said:
Now what about a halfback.

Who do you suggest? There arent exactly any top class halfbacks on the market with the exception of Orford and i can nearly 100% asure you he wont be heading to souths

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Shocker of a signing.. if he were younger then maybe but he's going to be 32 when he gets there... come on Souths. Sign up all the promising young players from PL teams, not old, injury-prone players looking for big money before they quit..

If they sign Mark O'Neill, that'll do it for me. They're really killing the big chance they had to turn things around with signings like those.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I'd hate to be the insurance company for the bunnies next year. Any team with Mad Dog is a scare.

Bunnies Team trip away 06: POW private

Latest posts