What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Member Numbers

jc155776

Coach
Just looked at the membership levels and we are only in the 10,000 range.

f**k that could do with some improving.

What else can the team possibly do if even winning a premiership won't get you signing up even as a non ticketed member??

Can hardly pull the 'not signing up until board/coach/captain/ball boys are sacked' line like in previous years...

If you are on here and not a member pull your finger out and join up. Bitch and moan about the team all you want if you have an invested interest.

If we have less members come start at season than the dragons that'd be f**king embarrassing.

For those interstate, the packages pretty much pay for themselves in free footy tickets.

Arnold

Juniors
I hear what you say JC but comparing to the Dragons or any club for that matter isn't a good idea for a couple of reasons.

Firstly I don't believe any clubs figures. I have forever been scheptical of Melbourne (especially) and Parramatta. Secondly the dragons overall would have more fans, it's just the way it is.

I wonder if any fans is the Sharks are like - "phew finally, no need to sign up now we have done it"

Craigshark

First Grade
I hear what you say JC but comparing to the Dragons or any club for that matter isn't a good idea for a couple of reasons.

Firstly I don't believe any clubs figures. I have forever been scheptical of Melbourne (especially) and Parramatta. Secondly the dragons overall would have more fans, it's just the way it is.

I wonder if any fans is the Sharks are like - "phew finally, no need to sign up now we have done it"

I thought that too. Still, I thought there would be a lot more now considering 90% of the 82,000 at the GF were dressed in a Cronulla jersey. Bandwagon or not.

Card Shark

Immortal
Is there any premiers gear in the members packs?

i.e. Cap or stubby holder.

A bit of premiers merch might encourage the casual.

jc155776

Coach
If winning a GF isn't an incentive to join up indoubt giving away some extra free mercy is going to do it.

Just seems to perpetuate the bandwagon shire fan theory.

Now is the time to lock merkins into auto renewing memberships.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Member numbers are actually quite good comparitively speaking. We're up 35% on the same time last year where we finished on about 14500 from memory. Based on the same uptake over the next 6 months or so we would end up close to 20000. I feel as though 17k is a more realistic expectation for 2017. Also comparing ourselves to the Stains is is a great achievement imo as we had about a third of their members about 5-6 years ago but now are at about 85% of their total.

King Ben

Juniors
Member numbers are actually quite good comparitively speaking. We're up 35% on the same time last year where we finished on about 14500 from memory. Based on the same uptake over the next 6 months or so we would end up close to 20000. I feel as though 17k is a more realistic expectation for 2017. Also comparing ourselves to the Stains is is a great achievement imo as we had about a third of their members about 5-6 years ago but now are at about 85% of their total.

The most important number is that 35% increase from the same period last year. I remember when 10,000 was the end of season goal that we never could reach. It's a great foundation to start from. Check out the Cowboys, fresh off a premiership win and arguably right at the peak of their premiership window and they aren't even able to reach the same point they were last year.

taipan

Referee
Yep agree ,to date we are in a far better position number wise than 2016 season.
If we crack 17,000 we will doing OK.Bear in mind, we have limited seating and limited undercover seating.That can affect ticketed memberships,although with a G/F win, think there would be a few supporters who wouldn't give a stuff if it rained without cover.

In fact bring on another Cat 2 cyclone, we'd still get a decent crowd now.The Viking clap works in all types of weather.

Card Shark

Immortal
I haven't bought a membership yet but I will..a family 1.

I'm a regional supporter & don't see the need to rush.

A lot of the 75,000 at the grand final were regional. 1 or 2 game a year supporters...incl the 1 that matters.

Supporting the club from afar is not necessarily about being a member, it's knowing you're a supporter.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just forked out the fitty bucks in October. Will probably attend a few more games this year.. I'm also a member of the Leagues Club for a few years. If you are a die hard supporter and generally dont pay membership, give yourself an uppercut.

Special K

Coach
The numbers should be higher. We had 37k at the cowboys game, we had over 70 at the GF. We are the biggest club in the league now.

membership is the key metric the league look at

our numbers are ok. better than last year, each year since 2009 has improved.

we would want 20k in the next 3-5 years

Card Shark

Immortal
The numbers should be higher. We had 37k at the cowboys game, we had over 70 at the GF. We are the biggest club in the league now.

1 thing that game showed is we are a well supported club, more than most would've thought.

The NRL would have to think twice about relocating, cutting or merging us.

1 thing that game showed is we are a well supported club, more than most would've thought.

The NRL would have to think twice about relocating, cutting or merging us.

Certainly shut up Tallis.

He's always said we only had a small following.

He's probably still not over the result of us winning and the turnout of supporters at the GF.

AJB1102

First Grade
Certainly shut up Tallis.

He's always said we only had a small following.

He's probably still not over the result of us winning and the turnout of supporters at the GF.

Its not our following that is limited its the number Gordy can count to that pulls up short.

panfashark

Juniors
Just on member numbers, I do know that Panthers staff (about 2000+) across the group were given season memberships as part of a "staff Christmas pack". They just needed to be registered at the merch shop and away you go. I am assuming that these freebies would be part of their membership tally. Is this something that the Sharks do?

Latest posts