What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members Only Event

murraymob

Coach
i think it was more to do with panthers being considered a brand and easier to sell rather than penrith

Pugzley

Forum has ended. Gus never asked if there were any questions but he answered my email about upcoming juniors.

Pugzley

He did say that from 2 years ir so from now, we will see 3-4 Panther juniors rise up from our ranks each year. So all the Roosters and Bulldogs can f**k off our juniors.

murraymob

Coach
thanks pugs .Work commitments kept me away tonight.Was great to hear your updates and i am even more positive we are heading in the right direction now

Crazy Hazy

Juniors
The logo is certainly a bad-ass looking panther, almost spooky was one reaction to it. The panther is like the old muscular one but its head is turned to face you. The colouring is mainly black with teal and grey highlights. Very big shoulders on this evil looking thing.

Warren Wilson also mentioned that they would be trying to buy back the Chifley hotel.

I think Penrith was missing from the logo because it will also be the logo for all of the group's clubs as well. They showed the same logo with Richmond Panthers written underneath then Penrith Panthers, Glenbrook Panthers, etc... I don't know whether or not this means Penrith will be absent on the jersey logo. They said NRL has control over logos so aren't able to release it yet.

A very reassuring presentation with regard to the future of the club- I think it's a message the Penrith public (and neighbours) need to be made aware of. The guys we have at the helm are very confident.

Puntastic

Juniors
Besides the logo and rebranding of our name, was there anything on the actual jersey? Has the long speculated gold trim been incorporated officially? Or if not, have we been given a date as to when we can expect to see the whole thing?

I like the way Crazy Hazy has described the logo. "Evil Looking Thing" sounds fitting!

murraymob

Coach
the taking out of the penrith name has certainly fired a lot of people up.While i am not happy with i do understand why they want to do it.The sad thing is it has pushed all the great things that come out of the forum into the shadows a bit

The leagues club running at a profit
the overall club debt down to 40 million at one stage it was 90 million
the building of the accademy
the extension of Clearys contract

i think we are headed in the right direction

Big Mick

Referee
But the thing is it isn't even confirmed.

They've just shown the group logo.

Everyone says that there is a gap between the logo and "Panthers". Enough for "Penrith" to fit in.

PinkPanther

Juniors
Plenty of good news came out tonight. Excited about an extension to Cleary's contract and the comments made about the juniors.

murraymob

Coach
But the thing is it isn't even confirmed.

They've just shown the group logo.

Everyone says that there is a gap between the logo and "Panthers". Enough for "Penrith" to fit in.

mick nads has a picture of a leaping panther on his facebook page can you have a look and say if it was the same as tonight

Pugzley

Any word on whether or not Centrebet Stadium is going to be abandoned for a newer footy field or matches moved to ANZ due to State Government cutting us off?

Latest posts