What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership drive not working

elevenstraight

Juniors
What value is the Red V section of the webpage now? It's the pre-season - that's sort of stuff won't be necessary until early 2010... :?

Its not about what value it is or if its neccesary or not. How hard is it to set up a user name and password, what 2 mins max??

Intercept,

I realize that, however again how hard is it to keep me informed?? it been a month! I only know what I know because Ive been doing the chasing. What if I was purchasing the membership as a gift for Xmas?? and had nothing to show for it on the day but a reply email for marketing??

My point is Ive had my cash taken out and then left in the dark somewhat

IT PISS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Doug2234

First Grade
Its the off season... Who gives a f**k where your membership is.. as long as its avaliable by Febuary whats the problem...

From some of the posts on here it looks like half of you want to go to Kogarah tomorrow and sit in an empty stadium!!!

elevenstraight i had my money ripped out in August after the Kogarah open day.. i also have my Red V pack in hand at the moment.

elevenstraight

Juniors
Its the off season... Who gives a f**k where your membership is.. as long as its avaliable by Febuary whats the problem...

From some of the posts on here it looks like half of you want to go to Kogarah tomorrow and sit in an empty stadium!!!

elevenstraight i had my money ripped out in August after the Kogarah open day.. i also have my Red V pack in hand at the moment.

Well lucky you Doug. How good are you, no wonder your not one of the "half the people on here" that are whining, you have your stuff.....

And I give a f**k doug, its called customer service and common courtesy. Simple.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
The nrl is offering a $100k bonus to the first club to get to 10,000 members,I'd say that's why other clubs have started earlier.
I'd also say a lot of the fair weathered fans mentioned were disheartened by the way the team did the casey dillaquas and won't renew there membership until they know how we are going.

Fein

First Grade
The nrl is offering a $100k bonus to the first club to get to 10,000 members,I'd say that's why other clubs have started earlier.
I'd also say a lot of the fair weathered fans mentioned were disheartened by the way the team did the casey dillaquas and won't renew there membership until they know how we are going.

While the initiative is good (the $100,000) clubs such as St George/Illawarra who have had a late start are clearly disadvantaged.

As far as I am aware, the NRL only released this mysterious "bonus" last week.

As far as your drive "not working" is concerned, Souths have also had issues in the past couple of years but have managed to have had most of them ironed out now.

Make enough noise in the right manner and things will soon be fixed. ;-)

The problem we had was the lady who held the joint together in membership left and Jesus, didn't that leave a massive hole.

Pets were getting membership reminders but their owners weren't!!! :lol:

Also, on the subject of bonus, how much is the minor premiership worth - I thought it was $100,000 as well.

If it is, that should be up around the million mark.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
lets not also forget that it's also the holiday season & most families (and individuals) have quite a few bills & expenses at this time of year..

something that is still 3 months away (football) may not always be a priority right now for anyone who is facing more immediate expenses...

Dave Q

Coach
your on here often enough, maybe you should become a member dave,we know you have a st george crush.:lol:

Yeah, along with the rest of the burrow ( although I am not a member) I was singing "Oh when the saints come marching in" during our flogging of you last year at ANZ!

It was a catastrophic for you ugly lot and theres more ahead in 2010.

Still I suppose you got to the finals...;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Its not about what value it is or if its neccesary or not. How hard is it to set up a user name and password, what 2 mins max??

Intercept,

I realize that, however again how hard is it to keep me informed?? it been a month! I only know what I know because Ive been doing the chasing. What if I was purchasing the membership as a gift for Xmas?? and had nothing to show for it on the day but a reply email for marketing??

My point is Ive had my cash taken out and then left in the dark somewhat

IT PISS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

2 mins max? Times that by however many thousand members there are... :lol:

Fair dinkum some people are impatient.

big pat

Coach
lets not also forget that it's also the holiday season & most families (and individuals) have quite a few bills & expenses at this time of year..

something that is still 3 months away (football) may not always be a priority right now for anyone who is facing more immediate expenses...

finally someone making sense.

elevenstraight

Juniors
2 mins max? Times that by however many thousand members there are... :lol:

Fair dinkum some people are impatient.

Gee your a dumb arse!!:roll:

you still don't get it, all I was expecting was at the very least a confirmation email saying, i dunno, Thanks for signing up we will get you sorted shortly. Something but we got absolutely nothing! not even an automated email.

Have you ever purchased anything from eBay or the like??? what do you get in you inbox almost instantaneously once the purchase is complete???

big pat

Coach

you still don't get it, all I was expecting was at the very least a confirmation email saying, i dunno, Thanks for signing up we will get you sorted shortly. Something but we got absolutely nothing! not even an automated email.

Have you ever purchased anything from eBay or the like??? what do you get in you inbox almost instantaneously once the purchase is complete???

don't worry i understand your concerns, its just courtesy to let you know what is happening after your cash has been taken, natasha lau would help you out with any concerns, just ring her at saints.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I'm the dumb arse?

Once it's received your details, you are taken to a page and issued with a reference number for your application. It is clearly outlined, as someone said earlier, that certain types of memberships will be processed in a certain order, not essentially straight away.

If you have any questions about your membership, you can call the club and quote your reference number if you have concerns and they will answer your questions.

Bottom line, if you don't know the info, try finding out about it instead of carrying on like you are. Y'know, taking some personal responsibility?

And yes, purchased something off eBay recently, that's nothing like purchasing a membership. Different kettle of fish - putting together memberships and packages for clubs is an enormous task.

The one thing I will agree with you on is that the system is a bit unusual, they should've utilised the generic NRL system that the Bulldogs and a few other clubs are using, which has an automated payment thing.

And instead of trying to publicly shame the club, it might be an idea to put your concerns into writing and forward them to the club itself, so they get feedback on what they might be able to fix.

Latest posts