What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership next year -will you bother

grouch

First Grade
fwends.jpg

Cagey Mac

Bench
The grass is fine, and aside from swallowing one bad fruit (a priceberry) the rhino is perfectly healthy. No need for the jittery oxpeckers to fly off in panic.

While the Priceberries are still in season the rhino still smells bad.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If people renew their memberships then they are like Price. Accept mediocrity, keep sticking with something that does not work, and supporting it hoping that 1 day it will all change because you don't need to change anything things just happen and it will one day come good.

By not renewing I feel you are supporting the club more by showing you really care how they go, by renewing you don't care how they are go just want to belong and feel like a true supporter, when in fact all you are supporting is mediocrity.

I can bet that if Price is gone their membership would increase much more than if he stays.

Collateral

Coach
If people renew their memberships then they are like Price. Accept mediocrity, keep sticking with something that does not work, and supporting it hoping that 1 day it will all change because you don't need to change anything things just happen and it will one day come good.

By not renewing I feel you are supporting the club more by showing you really care how they go, by renewing you don't care how they are go just want to belong and feel like a true supporter, when in fact all you are supporting is mediocrity.

I can bet that if Price is gone their membership would increase much more than if he stays.

:clap:

grouch

First Grade

If you think hurting the club financially is a good thing then frankly you're far far worse than Price. You are not supporting mediocrity, you are actively ensuring it.

Quality support right there.

The African oxpeckers would surely have noticed that the rhino?s fart stank because although rhino?s can break down toxic grasses, too much may cause liver failure.

Realising their duty in the symbiotic relationship, some of the senior oxpeckers may choose to move to better pastures and beckon the rhinos to do likewise and save themselves the pain of liver necrosis.

Other oxpeckers may choose to remain with the rhino regardless as it rots from the inside out

...this is just what was going through my mind as well - thank you Cagey

grouch

First Grade
This thread is an embarrassment. I thought Roosters supporters were the classic fairweather fans. We are so much worse. The Roosters have actually won a spoon recently.

_Johnsy

Referee
I make a decision to support my club in a financial manner. I support my club through good times & bad.

I support my club to ensure their survival.

If someone withdraws their financial support because of a shit year, that's their decision.

I always thought dragon fans had a modicum of intestinal fortitude, that we were different to other clubs fans.

Obviously I was wrong.

jezmond

Juniors
The way i look at it is, if you can remain a member through these tough times, when the club becomes successful again you can be proud that you stuck with them during these shit times.

(already mentioned in this thread)
The fact that the money paid for my membership goes towards the financial future of the club is a great feeling. No matter how shit the team is going, if i have enough cash to spare i shall be buying a membership for this great club. :) (even if price is coach :?)

Not judging anyone for not renewing/buying their membership as i respect your opinions on the matter, simply wanted to share my thoughts.

People have the right to re-new or not I have never been a member as I can't attend games work is more a priority and I spend my money on more important things.

The club has a future yes but as long as Doust is in charge it will be always under scrutiny, other than the Bennet era has failed in his job and honestly should be removed for the benefit of the club as a whole.

I supported the Steelers through alot of years of mismanagement at the hands of Millward and honestly Doust isn't a whole lot better.

karuah6

Juniors
The way i look at it is, if you can remain a member through these tough times, when the club becomes successful again you can be proud that you stuck with them during these shit times.

(already mentioned in this thread)
The fact that the money paid for my membership goes towards the financial future of the club is a great feeling. No matter how shit the team is going, if i have enough cash to spare i shall be buying a membership for this great club. :) (even if price is coach :?)

Not judging anyone for not renewing/buying their membership as i respect your opinions on the matter, simply wanted to share my thoughts.
I'm with you mate.

FlameThrower

Bench
Great now we are turning on ourselves, with narky comments....FFS, everyone on here cares for the Club, you've got members from regional, interstate and overseas...the locals support the Club, buy membership, buy the merchandise...attend games...suffered for 3 decades of 'choker' tags....everyone has the right to make the decision they want, at least they are being honest here....come'on stick together and fight the good fight...this is ground zero for us, 1 step away from last on the ladder....

Great now we are turning on ourselves, with narky comments....FFS, everyone on here cares for the Club, you've got members from regional, interstate and overseas...the locals support the Club, buy membership, buy the merchandise...attend games...suffered for 3 decades of 'choker' tags....everyone has the right to make the decision they want, at least they are being honest here....come'on stick together and fight the good fight...this is ground zero for us, 1 step away from last on the ladder....

well said

Father Ted

First Grade

:clap: Well said x 2

grouch

First Grade
The problem is, some people aren't sticking. They are deserting. They are going AWOL. They are cowardly retreating away.

Some may justify it by saying "we demand the best". I think that's a cop out. The truth is, we are spoilt rotten.

Mr Red

First Grade
The problem is, some people aren't sticking. They are deserting. They are going AWOL. They are cowardly retreating away.

Some may justify it by saying "we demand the best". I think that's a cop out. The truth is, we are spoilt rotten.

please provide examples on how we have been spoilt rotten this season?
otherwise your post doesnt have much merit.

DaDragon

Juniors
I will be renewing my membership and I will continue to renew it every year regardless of they win a premiership or a wooden spoon.

Why? Because we are The St George Dragons! It's on our DNA and in our blood.

You don't give up on family when things are not going well..

Very disappointing responses from some 'fans'. There are other ways to show your objection in regards to recent results then hurting them financially.

grouch

First Grade
I think you just proved it. Success must occur every single year or you'll throw your toys out of the cot. There's a reason Veruca Salt was dressed in red and white

veruca-salt-now.jpg

Mr Red

First Grade
I will be renewing my membership and I will continue to renew it every year regardless of they win a premiership or a wooden spoon.

Why? Because we are The St George Dragons! It's on our DNA and in our blood.

You don't give up on family when things are not going well..

Very disappointing responses from some 'fans'. There are other ways to show your objection in regards to recent results then hurting them financially.

i doubt for most supporters its with the intention of hurting the club financially, if you think a multi million dollar organisation will hurt if a few hundred members dont renew you are kidding yourself.
from a current members perspective i am not renewing my membership as one of the very few avenues we have in place to show our disproval at how the club has handled certain situations this year..

- the last minute changing of venues
- the re-signing of Price (rewarding a guy for underachieving)
- the ongoing dribble trotted out at post match interviews by both coach and captain is purely embarrassing and disrespectful to all supporters.

the onfield results for mine are only a portion of the underlying issues within the club and as a member what i am dissapointed with.

Last edited: