What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership next year -will you bother

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How funny, a few people don't renew memberships and people think that the club will struggle financially. And apparantley only true supporters renew their memberships. By not renewing I think it will send more a message to management to make change than to renew. If they get more members then why should they spend money on a new coach or players. They will still get the same people at the game.

I have been following the Dragons and in my time only seen them win 2 premierships. Between those there have been plenty of hard times but I always felt that not only the fans but all involved were hurting and things were done to stop the hurt because they have so much pride in the joint. If they stick with Price because he is the obvious problem here, then that pride has gone out the door. They are 1 off from coming last, with Price next year they will make up that 1 and come last.

I thought as a club you would try and avoid coming last not risk it 2 years in a row?

Like I said I have faith in the management at the club and Price will be gone. I just can't see then putting up with this anymore. He did not even show management and fans how hard he wanted the job by facing the fans at the forum.

im very loyal (gold member since 96) but i dont like being treated as a mug. this years program at oki was shit, a new miserable experience. as a customer it doesnt interest me why or whose fault. i just want what i was promised and what i paid for. the moving of games from kogarah was because we let them treat us like mugs. they ahd three chances to tell us the game was moved and they dogged it each time. how pathetic some noo noos here puff out their chest and blindly confuse their bravado as loyalty. what if someone in your life is in hospital on a heart monitor and the nurse isnt there? do you run and get help or stand by idly saying Doctor knows best? Nurse knows best. Hospital knows best. It takes more love to speak up than to blindly accept like sheep.

In the case of the management of games at OKI and the rundown nature of the leagues club, Doust doesnt know best. the people who pay for it all do.

I doubt that any RedV member (myself included) was impressed at the moving of the Tigers game. As I understand it, the club's response to e-mails about it has been that the game was moved by the NRL, due to it's historical significance.

I don't consider my stance to support the club to be either that of a 'noo noo' or blind bravado. For me it's simply a matter of treating the experience for what it is - a roller-coaster ride. If that makes me a 'mug' then so be it.

Yes, if you're a paying customer at a retail shop or a restaurant or whatever, you are entitled to get precisely what you pay for. Unfortunately football clubs can only guarantee certain things to paid up members. Things such as certainty about dates, times and venues of home games, good seating and amenities. Beyond that I can't really see what else you are guaranteed to get for your money.

Mr Red

First Grade
How funny, a few people don't renew memberships and people think that the club will struggle financially. And apparantley only true supporters renew their memberships. By not renewing I think it will send more a message to management to make change than to renew. If they get more members then why should they spend money on a new coach or players. They will still get the same people at the game.

I have been following the Dragons and in my time only seen them win 2 premierships. Between those there have been plenty of hard times but I always felt that not only the fans but all involved were hurting and things were done to stop the hurt because they have so much pride in the joint. If they stick with Price because he is the obvious problem here, then that pride has gone out the door. They are 1 off from coming last, with Price next year they will make up that 1 and come last.

I thought as a club you would try and avoid coming last not risk it 2 years in a row?

Like I said I have faith in the management at the club and Price will be gone. I just can't see then putting up with this anymore. He did not even show management and fans how hard he wanted the job by facing the fans at the forum.

and using some peoples annalogy on here regarding people withdrawing their membership are only fairweather supporters... therefore all those members we got after being successful in 2010 must only be bandwagon fans...
doesnt make much sense does it?

Father Ted

First Grade
I doubt that any RedV member (myself included) was impressed at the moving of the Tigers game. As I understand it, the club's response to e-mails about it has been that the game was moved by the NRL, due to it's historical significance.

I don't consider my stance to support the club to be either that of a 'noo noo' or blind bravado. For me it's simply a matter of treating the experience for what it is - a roller-coaster ride. If that makes me a 'mug' then so be it.

Yes, if you're a paying customer at a retail shop or a restaurant or whatever, you are entitled to get precisely what you pay for. Unfortunately football clubs can only guarantee certain things to paid up members. Things such as certainty about dates, times and venues of home games, good seating and amenities. Beyond that I can't really see what else you are guaranteed to get for your money.

My understanding is that the club was asked to move the game and agreed. And the point of celebrating the same event twice in one year is ? Even more confusing when the NRL/ARLC does'nt recognise us as the same clubs post merge ( either club ) when it suits them.

Modern NRL clubs are grandmasters of Propaganda on a scale that would leave poor old Gobbels breathless..

And the minimum guarante should be keeping their word..

My understanding is that the club was asked to move the game and agreed. And the point of celebrating the same event twice in one year is ? Even more confusing when the NRL/ARLC does'nt recognise us as the same clubs post merge ( either club ) when it suits them.

Modern NRL clubs are grandmasters of Propaganda on a scale that would leave poor old Gobbels breathless..

And the minimum guarante should be keeping their word..

Regarding the moving of the game, I'm only stating what a friend who e-mailed the club told me. If anyone has received a response it would be an interesting read, if they are happy to post it on here.

Yes, it had already been 'celebrated' back in April, so what was the point of this one - 2nd time lucky?

It's likely that the game would not have been allowed to move if we were in finals contention. That in itself irks me because every game is worth 2 competition points, and should be played like it is 1 v 2. Which then leads to the reasoning behind allowing the Tigers to play 2nd tier players and breach the cap. The whole event lost credibility completely. With this decision, the NRL clearly didn't rate the game as a proper contest, so why should we give a stuff.

Agree, the club should have held up its end of the bargain with members by maintaining the venue as WIN Jubilee, as was advertised all season. And the NRL should take a long look at this thing of relaxing salary cap rules at their whim.

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
Regarding the moving of the game, I'm only stating what a friend who e-mailed the club told me. If anyone has received a response it would be an interesting read, if they are happy to post it on here.

This comes to the heart of the matter for me. What the club says will be interesting, no doubt.. But it's precisely because of things like this that the clubs word is beginning to sound hollow and feable.. Frank Facer said what he mean't and kept his word. He was an old fashioned strong man , he would not have let the NRL screw him over I believe . He was a Leader not a follower . A wolf not a lamb..And so where the men and club he led.

The league made us play at the SCG almost every week in Facer's day! :p

Yeah they had this grand, bold plan about moving games to bigger stadia. They then went back to full home and away venues in the mid 70s..

Who said history never repeats? At this rate, we should be back at Kogarah full time by 2025.....

Father Ted

First Grade
The league made us play at the SCG almost every week in Facer's day! :p

The old match of the round rules.. LOL We won 11 premierships in a row in facers day . Our forwards beat the beejezus out the oposition guess what they beat now...This year we can't manage 11 wins in a year. So we would'nt qualify as the match of the round and all our games would be at Kogarah
:p

Rexxy

Coach
Coming home on Saturday the lights were on at OKI.

Looks like the ground was double booked? So why did we get punted?

Godz Illa

Coach
The old match of the round rules.. LOL We won 11 premierships in a row in facers day . Our forwards beat the beejezus out the oposition guess what they beat now...This year we can't manage 11 wins in a year. So we would'nt qualify as the match of the round and all our games would be at Kogarah
:p
Frank Facer should never have let the league introduce limited tackles or the Scum. Our premiership run might still be going...

Father Ted

First Grade
Frank Facer should never have let the league introduce limited tackles or the Scum. Our premiership run might still be going...

And Frank Facer should have led the Vietnam war , WE WOULD HAVE WON . As for the four tackle rule , was that not the era of a Tigers guy who ended up being sacked as the league boss for corruption? ( not sure the years fly by ) . The moral of the story never trust a Tiger.. And I'm glad the Scum are in..WHY?? Because all those years of constant failure have reassured me that there is a supreme being in Asgard looking after the league world.. All we have to do is sacrifice nine of our leaders and the gods will return us to victory.. Steak knife anyone lol :D

jenninga

First Grade
Minus 6 k for members ( read willow ). The nurse has misdiagosed because the nurse and indeed the doctor in charge has'nt listened to the patient's.

The ARLC wants all clubs to play home games in big stadiums so do our board which is something I and others will not have.. The ARLC is a dud imo so blindly in love with the AFL model that it can't think for itself and our board is so profoundly deaf to us that they or some of us have to go permanently sooner rather than later

. People love games at Kogarah and Wollongong , just for once give the people who matter the fans who show up what they want.

The trouble with our game is people won't let it settle there's always some arguement present and future about it's direction.

It p*sses me off seeing these NRL community ads flooding the tv.We all know theat rugby league has supported community initiatives,women,indigenous,heritage etc so why the patting themselves on the back ads.
Where is the NRL and in particular David Smith when big issues need attending to.Like now the compassion contract saga ,at least the Bulldog CEO has put forward something ,this will get worse if nothing is done.
David Smith has created more departments,more jobs than ever,with more money than ever.But the game is not moving forward.Smith says he wants to make game day like a GF day,well what is he going to do about it.The salary cap needs to be addressed,nothing as yet
But hang on ,we are now partners with touch footy,Moley's touch footy team are now rugby league players,what a farce.
All we are seeing at the moment is window dressing,the AFL are proactive,like the ASADA situation ,as long as it has taken,the situation at Essendon is getting clearer,but at the Sharks nothing from the NRL.

DF4E

Juniors
In regards to not renewing membership, I would never give up my membership no matter how bad we are going. My family are all members(2 children) and I expect my kids to keep their membership once they grow up. Not only keep it but also join their kids up when old enough, Dragons membership for us is a family thing that will stay in the family for as long as I have a say in the matter.
I am teaching my kids that you stick no matter what, sure you can voice your unhappiness and frustration when needed. We have sent emails to the club about various issues like many other people but imo being a true supporter is going through the bad times as well as the good.
I am very disappointed in the direction the club has gone since 2010 and I hope certain people will go but whether they go or not I will always support the Dragons because when the day does come that these people do go I(and family) will still be here supporting the team we love.

Latest posts