What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership Question

Bath's Babes

Juniors
What do you get with Red V membership besides game attendance? Because I want to get the 5 home games at WIN package for $45, but Dragons release their 3 game multi-pass from 9AM today for the first 3 home WIN games for $35, so that is now an option.

What advantages does the membership have over the multi-pass besides two more guaranteed games?

OurRedV

Juniors
Mate get the 5 gamer. It means you're ACTUALLY a member, so not only will you receive member only benefits (discounts, invites, goodies) but you'll be contributing to the club to hit the 10k + more.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
don't take this as a stab against you BB, but this is why rugby league is in trouble financially at the moment..

whilst memebership gets you the additional benefits such as the member merchandise pack, magazines & voting rights, it also provides the club with added benefits..

one of these includes financial security (you may feel that your $100-300 is not worth 'much', but times that by 10,000 members... 20,000 members... it soon adds up..)

the sooner the RL fan base understands the importance of giving back to the club, the stronger the comp will be...

pokies money won't last forever....

Bath's Babes

Juniors
im not exactly reeling it in though. if i was a millionnaire i would certainly be a member, but for now I just want the most economically efficient option for me.

The Major

Bench
No advantage other then saving you a massive 10 bucks which boggles my why that should even be an issue. As well as missing all the benefits of being a club member as stated above. Your multi pass won't entitle you to early release of tickets either.

Last edited:

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
BB , its kinda offensive in your signature about Jamie Breaking Riddells record , cause he ain't the top Saint George point scorer of all time.

dragon-83

Juniors
mate call the club and tell them to put u through to the membership office and tell them you dont have credit card so tell her to send u a red v membership booklet which has a red v membership form in it u can pay by money order or cheq thats what i did and if u want concession make sure you send a copy of your concessin with it.

Doug2234

First Grade
im not exactly reeling it in though. if i was a millionnaire i would certainly be a member, but for now I just want the most economically efficient option for me.

Its a $10 difference FFS!! Economically efficient is you get 2 more games for an extra $10 - $5 a game!!!!

No Credit Card - Just go the the club. Or sign up at the trial games in person.

Be there Sat night vs Bulldogs and u can sign up at WIN - plus u are a Uni student so you should be able to get a concession...

big pat

Coach
i think you can get a 5 game membership, g/a for a student for $45.at the gong, and also if your a red v member, and they have a function after the game you can attend.

big pat

Coach
BB , its kinda offensive in your signature about Jamie Breaking Riddells record , cause he ain't the top Saint George point scorer of all time.

sadly i think bb is only thinking about st george illawarra, and forgeting the great changa.

silverex

Bench
mate call the club and tell them to put u through to the membership office and tell them you dont have credit card so tell her to send u a red v membership booklet which has a red v membership form in it u can pay by money order or cheq thats what i did and if u want concession make sure you send a copy of your concessin with it.

One piece of punctuation in the whole post!

Is it really that hard???

jargan83

Coach
I paid for an interstate membership, knowing I would not get to the meet the players function at South Perth RLFC due to Cricket commitments but financially supporting the club that I love (from a distance :lol:) is worth it. The priority access for tickets is worth the price for the membership living here in the west, obviously you would have to look at the different categories and decide which suits you best :)

I paid for mine via a money order and just printed the form off of the web. Too easy!

Just looking at the list on the Dragons website there is list of all clubs member numbers only 6 clubs currently have an increase including the Dragons. Still a few weeks before the season starts mind you

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Get the 5 games mate, support your club and get 2 extra games.
You know you want too! :D

gonzerelli

Juniors
YES. Why?

1. As said by a number of others, being a member of the club is the biggest opportunity for you to be involved with, and show your support for, the Club. I'm not exactly well-off financially, and I've been a 12-game member for a number of years, and even though for various reasons I only made it to one home game in 2009 (having obviously paid in advance for all 12), I don't regret it for one second.

2. Membership is the cheapest per-game option available. Using the two examples you've presented:

Red V Membership = 5 games for $45 = $9 per game
3-Game Multi-Pass = 3 games for $35 = $11.67 per game

3. Membership will guarantee you entry even when the game is sold out (a point which the Telecrap failed to mention when they were banging on about fans being "locked out" of games...). Membership also assures you priority access to finals tickets.

4. The Club does give members opportunities throughout the year, as part of its "strategy" to reward its members. These include free events like post-match functions and other events with players in attendance, Red V Member Forums (which are usually quite interesting evenings), and various other well-attended events (such as the Family Fun Days, which I personally find have too many people attend for them to be worthwhile, but plenty of other people obviously see the value!). You can't attend these if you're not a member.

Go on. Do the right thing. :)

Last edited:

Bath's Babes

Juniors
Is it possible to sign up during the trial game Saturday? because that would be the best method of payment for me. and you have all convinced me to become a member :)

gonzerelli

Juniors
Knew I forgot one bit... I personally find the easiest way to pay is at the Club, where you can use cash or regular EFTPOS. Assuming you can get to Steelers Club some time during the week, just head up the stairs, over to the office, and away you go. They'll even have blank application forms, if you haven't got one filled out already. :)

I'm sure there would be some method of joining at the trial match, but can't be so sure about how that would operate.

Latest posts