What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merrin dumped from blues

TheRev

First Grade
Like everybody said.. he was definitely picked before he had truly earnt an origin position, though even with his limited experience he was certainly not badly out of his depth.. why he got nearly no game time makes no sense to me.. if you pick him.. play him?? I know Gallen was doing a lot of work, but fresh legs would have helped.

So another year and yet another fringe origin player driven up in their contract value for the Dragons, without holding down a regular Origin position.. upside is it it should be the motivation for him to improve in next 12 months.

Mr Red

First Grade
a few things to summarise here:

1. will be a better player for the experience
2. its really his first full season of first grade - as someone mentioned i suspect he could be a little run down at the moment, may need a week off to recharge the batteries.
3. although he didnt make many metres with the ball, his defense in origin was 10 times better then what galloway can offer, especially close to the line.
4. i would like to see merrin develop a bit of a step when running the ball, he seems to run too straight and is a bit of an easy target. Weyman has also started to do this and thus hasnt been as effective this season...

Breathingfire

Juniors
a few things to summarise here:

4. i would like to see merrin develop a bit of a step when running the ball, he seems to run too straight and is a bit of an easy target. Weyman has also started to do this and thus hasnt been as effective this season...

Weyman has always wedged back in behind the ruck. That is his strength and he has never had a step. Can imagine if he got to line and started trying to step players? He is a front rower and his job is to bash it up, not develop a step.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I do agree his form has dipped a little since origin. I thought against manly he showed some good aggression. Hopefully he doesn't play back row tonorrow. Should be off bench.

Bmoz might be back??