What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merritt and tries

The Engineers Room

First Grade
My first try the in U11s the ball was passed to me and it kind of slipped through my fingers so it looked like a great dummy and I virtually walked over the line.

My second, the next week I carried 5 players over the line and collapsed to score.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I was never a prolific try scorer.. Maybe best was about 8 tries in a year.. Kicked 60-67 in Under 8's. Did have a guy in my team who scored 68 tries in the Under 7's.. He was a freak.. Next year badly broke his leg and gave it away a couple years later.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I scored about 12 tries in the under-8s and never scored more than 1 try in a season other than that. Not exactly sure why. I also did particularly well in the local cross country run as an 8 year old, and remember that some of my tries were long range efforts, so I must have been at my athletic peak that year.

kooriguy

Juniors
a few of my younger couzins hold tryscoring records and/or up there on the all time penrith junior rugby league tryscorers list.

Latest posts