What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry Xmas

_Johnsy

Referee
Just a quick post to wish everyone a merry xmas and a safe year in 2010. With xmas day getting closer, much to do before the day, therefore less time on the net.

have a great day boys 'n' gals, lets hope we all get the gift we want in 2010.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good onya Johnsy. Same to you and yours and to every fellow forummer.

Best wishes for 2010. Bring it on!

jpaciocco91

Juniors
That's Jesus Christ, FMUTC. Mohammed never saved anyone, and was not divine. Read what Fred Phelps said about him.

Merry Christmas to all.
Drive carefully. Fly carefully. Walk carefully.
Be good, and hope Ol' Nick remembered you for being good.
Ask the real Santa, Uncle Wayne, for something in 2010 that is so greatly desired, and that is consistency through to October. Positive consistency.
Sing those silly secular Christmas songs that prove Australia is becoming Americanized.
Remember that the Christmas tree has pagan origin.
Become a Dragons member if you are not already one. Like me.

Above all, have a lovely time everyone, and remember the true meaning of Christmas!

silverex

Bench
Not a real fan of the Christmas season. Don't like the hot weather, don't like the crowds in the shopping centres, don't like having to think of what to buy people, don't like all the 'snow' decorations when it's 35 degrees, don't like Christmas Carols - I'm the original grumpy old man!

BUT, having said all that I do wish everyone here (even supporters of other teams!) a very merry and safe Christmas and I hope you all have an enjoyable time on the day with your respective families.

It IS a time to reflect on the year and to share the love with those who mean a lot to us. And of course, to remember what Christmas is really all about.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not a real fan of the Christmas season.
Just do what I do and call it X-mas.
silverex said:
Don't like the hot weather
Hot and sweaty. How can you not love it?
silverex said:
don't like the crowds in the shopping centres, don't like having to think of what to buy people, don't like all the 'snow' decorations when it's 35 degrees, don't like Christmas Carols - I'm the original grumpy old man!
Have to agree with you on those points.

silverex said:
BUT, having said all that I do wish everyone here (even supporters of other teams!) a very merry and safe Christmas and I hope you all have an enjoyable time on the day with your respective families.
Same to you and yours silverex.

silverex said:
And of course, to remember what Christmas is really all about.
Finding a designated driver.

big pat

Coach
a very merry christmas to one and all, even jpaciocco91 have a happy new year, johnsy i hope you can make a game to kogarah next year, to gregstar bah humbug, daveQ time to come over to the dark side, preacher will we ever get to have that drink, willow another great effort during the year, all the best to you and your family, keep catching those fish loyal dragon, hornsby's hottie happy christmas chicky, i hope santa brings lots of good things to everyone, now 3 things i would like for a great new year,
a st george premiership,
the demise of the sharks,
and world peace.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Sing those silly secular Christmas songs that prove Australia is becoming Americanized.
Remember that the Christmas tree has pagan origin.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll find that the greater percentage of those Christmas songs have English origins rather than American.

Actually, most of the Christmas origin has pagan roots relating to the Winter Solstace and such. Many also argue that Jesus wasnt even born on Dec 25 - the biggest case being the mentioning of the shepherds out in the fields. An occurrance considered highly unlikely during the Northern Hemisphere winters.
If you read up about it, Christmas wasnt really a big deal til the 1800s (Dicken's book really helped put it on the map!).

That being said - everyone, enjoy your time off! Drink plenty, drive safe, have fun.

I'll be loving my tradition of everyone buggering off and leaving me alone to do my yearly Band of Brothers marathon with a chook in the oven roasting for tea and beer in my belly for toasting me!

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Furthermore, the word "Christmas" could in fact mean "Christ-mass", and is referring to the Catholic mass, the event in which Jesus is constantly re-sacrificed, in the form of wafers and grape juice. The priest becomes "another Jesus" and has the power to conduct this sacrifice, by bringing Jesus down from Heaven and by commanding him to "die" again for the parishoners. (?)
This is a possibility on the origins of the word itself. But I am not 100% sure.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Furthermore, the word "Christmas" could in fact mean "Christ-mass", and is referring to the Catholic mass, the event in which Jesus is constantly re-sacrificed, in the form of wafers and grape juice. The priest becomes "another Jesus" and has the power to conduct this sacrifice, by bringing Jesus down from Heaven and by commanding him to "die" again for the parishoners. (?)
This is a possibility on the origins of the word itself. But I am not 100% sure.

Yeah, you got that one right. Its etymology is derived from "Christ's Mass"