What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MES Upgrade petition

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well played the Western Force supporters who will shortly present a 10,000 signature petition to the WA Govt on a proper upgrade for MES.

They have been collecting at Reds games and at a Glory match. Good to see the codes working together. Maybe if Gallop also weighed in with "the NRL will only consider perth if a upgrade is done" will also help.

It is in all 3 codes interests to see MES receive the $100mill upgrade it really needs to take it to a modern 30,000 seater stadium.

Alehana

Juniors
i cant believe the state government isn't doing that, such afl ass kissers, when i'm 18 and vote in the state election, the first question i'm going to ask the member for my area is, is ur govt going to upgrade MES?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Considering a successful Force, Glory and NRL Reds could draw a total of 70,000 fans between them the city needs and deserves a decent rectangular stadium. I have still to hear how they think the new Subi stadium pitch is going to cope with having 5 teams across 4 codes playing on it! (Not to mention the constant ina nd out of rectractable stands). MES could be a great mid size 30,000 stadium with an extended main stand, a new main stand and cover for the end seating. $100mill should just about do it.

b0rt

Juniors
Considering a successful Force, Glory and NRL Reds could draw a total of 70,000 fans between them the city needs and deserves a decent rectangular stadium. I have still to hear how they think the new Subi stadium pitch is going to cope with having 5 teams across 4 codes playing on it! (Not to mention the constant ina nd out of rectractable stands). MES could be a great mid size 30,000 stadium with an extended main stand, a new main stand and cover for the end seating. $100mill should just about do it.

they will only be going in and out for big games, like internationals and finals
afl wont allow them to damage the ground by being constantly brought out and retracted. and we know they will get what they want

Perth Red

Post Whore
I doubt the Force and Glory would agree to playing there unless they were out for their games. I know they are looking at a new technology that is far better than the Telstra Domes retracting stands but even so it will cause some wear and tear on the pitch you'd think.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Definately NOT! It is the worse ground in the world for RL and was a big reason the Western reds crowds dropped like a lead balloon!

griffo346

First Grade
Perth Red,

Can you pm me with you email address i wish to show you a presentation and wouldn't mind a comment from someone who has recently done want i want to achieve.