What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message To Parramatta Stadium Patrons

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
I nearly got kicked out of the corporate box at Brookvale for yelling out "Hey Menzies show us your Beaver" Josh Stuart (for Bears/Eagles prop who got suspended a lot) was in the next box pissing himself laughing

:lol:

were they playing us at the time??

Hurriflatch

Referee
yep, it was in 2001

do you think I would've subjected myself to watching a game at Brookvale if Parra weren't playing

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
Well Suity if the Telegraph can turn Sonny Bill's interview where he stated "I don't want to talk myself up and then not play too well" into a screaming front page headline of "I'm back I'm fit so Watch Out" then you can't really complain about being taken out of context.

Now Rhys won;t have to worry about that AVO...

Thanks mate. :lol:

Do you work for the Telegraph?? ;-)

Suity

Eelementary said:
They suck at Parramatta Stadium.
I was 'cautioned' on Sunday to calm down by the security.
I was sitting right at the front, on the halfway line. I was yelling myself hoarse, trying to encourage the lads. And the security came over and cautioned me - pipe down, or they'll move me.
Now, fair enough - IF I was drunk or rude. I wasn't - I was screaming stuff like, "COME ON GUYS! YOU CAN DO THIS!" amd "CLINTON IS A BIG HAIRY FAIRY!". Panthers fans around me were laughing - they know I was kidding. I actually like Clinton.
Point is, they threatened to move me from the seats I paid for because I was too loud or whatever.
I don't know if I want to go to another home game, to be honest.

Really? that's ridiculous. I have no problem at all with people yelling and screaming support for their team. What else are you meant to do at the footy? I honestly don't have a problem with swearing either. I mean, I guess it's not too nice if you have young kiddies, but if you choose to take them then you should realise that of course they're going to be exposed to that sort of thing.
It's just simply when the yelling and screaming and swearing gets turned into a personal attack on a player/individual especially regarding race or religion etc that pisses me off.

Hurriflatch said:
I nearly got kicked out of the corporate box at Brookvale for yelling out "Hey Menzies show us your Beaver" Josh Stuart (for Bears/Eagles prop who got suspended a lot) was in the next box pissing himself laughing

and that's hilarious :lol:

Macquarie Scorpions said:
I was gonna smack that parra fan in front of us who was yelling out "Black merkin!!" to wesser. What a loser and the security blokes didnt even give a toss. The sooner parra brings back Willie and Tooks the better!!!!

The funny thing was when he scored my Dad got up and ripped in to the guy, "Hey, look its the black merkin scoring a try!"

lol, the idiot had no comeback.

Clarkieel

Juniors
There was some sort of scufle in my area of the staduim and eela I hope that wasnt u sitting behind me that we told to shut up!! the guy behind me just would not shut up all game and most of it was just bagging our team out continuously and he didnt make sense most of the time I think he just liked the sound of his own voice!!! And I yell plenty at the footy so I dont mind people yelling but he went silly

Eelementary

Post Whore
queanbeyhole hindy fan said:
Really? that's ridiculous. I have no problem at all with people yelling and screaming support for their team. What else are you meant to do at the footy? I honestly don't have a problem with swearing either. I mean, I guess it's not too nice if you have young kiddies, but if you choose to take them then you should realise that of course they're going to be exposed to that sort of thing.
It's just simply when the yelling and screaming and swearing gets turned into a personal attack on a player/individual especially regarding race or religion etc that pisses me off.

Yep! No joke!

Thing is, I don't usually swear (apart from at the ref). I'm loud, but inoffensive.

Here are two of my prouder moments:

(1) When we beat Cronulla 74-4, my mates and I were right up front on the 50 metre line. We kept screaming out, "NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBER 5!" in an effort to pur Rieck off. It worked, and you could hear some idiots screaming number 5 on the Fox replay!

(2) Last year at Parramatta Stadium against the Dragons. My mates and I were on the 20 metre line. Every time Parra did something good, we'd get and scream, "YEAH! ALRIGHT! YEAH! WOOOOO!". But I'd yelll, "YEAH!" and my mate would yell, "WOOO!" and it went on for like 5 minutes at a time...Eels fans were pissing themselves. Good-natured Dragons fans were laughing. Other Dragons fans got offended and asked security to come over.

See, I'm loud and I'm proud.

I often get weird looks - like when Moi Moi clobbered Barnes last year, I yelled out, "He's auditioning for the Raras! Onya, Fui!" and everyone pissed themselves. Broncos fans weren't impressed...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Clarkieel said:
There was some sort of scufle in my area of the staduim and eela I hope that wasnt u sitting behind me that we told to shut up!! the guy behind me just would not shut up all game and most of it was just bagging our team out continuously and he didnt make sense most of the time I think he just liked the sound of his own voice!!! And I yell plenty at the footy so I dont mind people yelling but he went silly

Not me.

I may get f******* angry and frustrated at the team on these boards. But at games I am nothing but 100% supportive and NEVER give up.

Nikki

Coach
JessEel said:
wesser is brilliant, who cares what colour he is, what matters is the colour of his jersey!!

That would be black wouldnt it.... :lol: :lol: *sorry*

BTW, Eele you need to get yourself on the hill occasionally mate. lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
I should, shouldn't I? lol

I've also set myself a task of trying to watch more of our lower graders going around.

Nikki

Coach
Yeah Im usually screaming like a banshee from Flegg onwards. (Unless I am sittin alone and then I am shy...). Then come Prems you'll hear the famous GO JOSHY!!!! Wittyz Chic reckons she heard me the other week from the East Terrace lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mad!

Yeah sometimes I seem to alienate those around me. At the Cowboys game last year, it was my sister, my cousin and I all screaming ourselves absolutely hoarse at the 29-nil drubbing. All the Eels fans around us either left early or went to other seats lol.

Nikki

Coach
Its hilarious when ppl move coz of ya. If we get ppl we dont want sittin near us we become ultra obnoxious and when they leave we are back to normal. lol

parra pete

Referee
I absolutely deplore racism...Good on the Club for taking steps to wipe it out at Cumberland Oval. It should not be tolerated anywhere. The easiest thing in the world to be is a dickhead. Could you imagine the bloke who abused Rys Wesser saying it if he was on his own? Who was he trying to impress? Get rid of the clowns.....

Latest posts