What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica announce 2010 australian tour!

Mong

Post Whore
That should be a good one given it's the last one of the entire tour.. I am hoping they play a few very different songs.

beave

Coach
I wonder what they plan on doing at the end of this tour????? they've earnt a break, I hope they can come up with a new album in the next year or so, would hate to see them call it quits now after such a big return IMO.

I tried listening to St Anger on the way back on the plane this morning, that is without a doubt the lowest dolrdrums they've ever reached. That album is disgraceful.

Munky

Coach
Last night was my first experience in a mosh and it was kind of dissapointing.

The people around us really weren't that into it

Also James sounded like a chipmunk.

Other than that it was an awesome show.

beave

Coach
I think you will find people were probably in awe of them and wanted to just watch and take it all in instead of moshing.

I agree james's voice is no where near as powerful as the early 90's but i can understand after years of abuse of his voicebox and blowing it in the mid 90's, he physically can't sing like he used to. I think if he was to go back to his old style there wouldn't be as many shows in each city that's for sure.

natheel

Coach
In regards to the mosh being 'tame' I think it's due to the fact that it's a square stage and everyone waiting for a member to come to their side and then they go nuts!

I'm on the floor in Adelaide and sat last nigh in Sydney and I can not wait to b there on the floor as the intro is going seriously that is the most uplifting piece of music with the crowd yelling along with the tune

Best experience :)

sydraider

First Grade
He sounded fine in Brisbane, infact sounded better than the last time they were here so you may be right there...

Dont get me wrong, Was a f**kn awesome concert, not the best Ive seen of them but it was a top night.

Mong

Post Whore
There were a lot of songs off black played.. It definitely wasn't one of their better set lists but even then it would still have been awesome.

DB

First Grade
I wasnt there, but Id guess it would be Stone Cold Crazy.

main.php

Red Bear

Referee
Glad I went to the last show, got a pretty good setlist, as far as rare live performances go.

Rough order

That was Just Your Life
Fuel
Disposable Heroes (Awesome song, unexpected)
Thing that Should Not Be
Sanatarium
Leper Messiah (unexpected)
I Dissappear (WTF, very unexpected, but cool)
Turn The Page
Sad But True
All Nightmare Long
One
Master of Puppets
Damage Inc
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
------
Last Carress (Misifts cover)
Trapped Under Ice (wtf, very unexpected)
Seek And Destroy

Think thats everything. Pretty damn good show, mixing could've been better, a bit loud and a bit too much distorion, not enough clarity at times, but yeah, very good.

18to87

Coach
I think the mix kind of depended where you were. I went Wednesday and Thursday and on Thursday sat in the second elevation and it sounded perfect!

beave

Coach
damn, looks like last nights set list was the best one of the Sydney shows............... very puppets heavy, very, cool!!

adamkungl

Immortal
awesome that we saw some rarer stuff last night, a little disappointed at the lack of Ride the Lightning and Kill em All. Awesome show

Latest posts