What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MG TURNS THE COWBOYS AROUND?

Leo Nay

Juniors
UN-f**king-BELIEVABLE, as Ford Francis Fairlane once said, the Big boof headed pumper has given the Cowboys something to play for. I was there for the secret session, and unless my ears deceive me, I recall the big unit saying words to the effect of " Look at my head! you idiots, and look at my manlihood. It's all ugly! Now you guys get out there on the field and try and look better than my stag or my head. Do it!

Apparently.......

Wests is Best

Juniors
He actually has interests in 3 sides that are still in the running. Cowboys and Penrith of course, but don't forget his brother Matt playes for the Storm.

aids

Bench
i bet his pep-talk was more or less "you twinkies better win, or i'll drop ya!"

anyone else thought he looked like a bouncer in the dressing room?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
As he said last night on the Footy Show he is a Penrith boy through and through he is just helping out the Cowboys. The Cowboys were already turning the corner anyway way before he came along last week.

Stomp

Juniors
It is good to see what Mark Geyer (MG) is doing for the Cowboys.

As you just mentioned centy_coast_panther he did say he was a Penrith Boy, but he wanted to be involved in League somehow, the Cowboys were the perfect opportunity, good on him for helping out the Cowboys.

It's players like Geyer who help the game, and it is good to see him show is support north of the border even though what happened in State Of Origin :lol:

Stomp

Pantherjim.

Referee
Rumour has it that Alfie Langer has been giving the Storm pep talks for their up and comming clash with the Dogs. As I've said- Rumour, Ive no idea if it's true or not.

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Broncodroid

Juniors
Miamiasaurus said:
For what it's worth, I think the media hype concerning the 'MG talk' before the Tigers and Bulldogs game takes away from the efforts of the Cowboys. The Cowboys have won when they HAD to which shows the character that is abundant in this football team.

Yes, MG giving players a pep talk is going to have an impact, MG has done it all in this game on and off the field, I am simply saying that I hope it does not detract from the Cowboys players and what they have been doing in their last 9 games. Keep in mind, they have won 7 from their last 9 which is 5 from 7 without MG's pep talk.

The above was my view on the MG 'pep-talk' hype. A couple of other things to add to this thread:

MILLWALL said:
I reckon hes a w*nker he had a go at me becuase i said hes a girl for playing oz-tag

Nooooo, really ? He called you a w*nker for the only reason being you made an immature comment about an individual who one played League at it's highest peak and now due to age, old injuries, is playing a sport that in some way gives him the opportunity to do what he has done since childhood ? :roll:

Geez, MG, give yourself an uppercut for putting one immature individual in his or her place.

pantherjim said:
Rumour has it that Alfie Langer has been giving the Storm pep talks for their up and comming clash with the Dogs. As I've said- Rumour, Ive no idea if it's true or not.

You are right to some degree.

I posted a newspaper report from the Daily Telegraph which reported Craig Bellamy had asked Alfie to spend the week with the Storm players in an effort to not only pass on invaluable knowledge about the game and semi finals action, but also to lighten the mood in camp.

I applaud both the decision from Murray and Bellamy in both instances, I would imagine this will be a new trend in League circles next season.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Leo Nay said:
MG goes o.k. Oz -tag does suck, but I'm sure MG has his own reasons for playing.

Oztag is a good alternative to League in the off season. It keeps me fit until we start training again. I played it last season 03/04 and i will again this season it starts next month.

*Sandy*

First Grade
The Mighty Panther said:
It would be interesting to see who MG will barrack for, should both teams make the GF.

Well if I was MG - it wouldnt really matter in the end. It's like having 3 personal open, after GF, party invitations. :D Just go where the pulse is beating. ;-)

*Sandy*

First Grade
BTW Miamisaurus. I think you are making way too much of it. All it is, is it's good for the game. It's news. Everybody will know that it was players on field that won not MG but they will all give him a pat on the back for his small participation in it.

Well done MG. :clap:

Broncodroid

Juniors
PK said:
BTW Miamisaurus. I think you are making way too much of it. All it is, is it's good for the game. It's news. Everybody will know that it was players on field that won not MG but they will all give him a pat on the back for his small participation in it.

Well done MG. :clap:

No, I am not making a big deal of anything until replying to someone who has not read the post.

I applaud the decision from Murray to bring in a guy of his experience but I DO NOT want it to detract from the fact the players are the one's getting the job done.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
On a percentage out of 100 MG'S impact in helping the Cowboy's get over the line would register around the 3-5% mark........if that.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I don't think Billy Johnstone is getting enough credit for the Cowboys form this year, and especailly during the finals series.

They were immense during the Brisbane game.

Latest posts