What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Bani

overandout

Juniors
You're kidding yourself if you think he wont get a run. That wing spot is no where near locked up and they wouldn't have signed him if they didn't think he had ability. Beyond Drury Low, Fergo, Robinson, Massey and Sauilama our stocks on the wing are pretty slack. And I'm not sure our best back prospects, Hodge and Wighton, are capable wingers.

I would have thought there might been some better players who have missed out on a contract in need of a chance. I am slightly concerned.

Surely they could get a winger out of that list before they had to resort to playing him?

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Surely they could get a winger out of that list before they had to resort to playing him?

Maybe. None of those other guys are first grade wingers. Massey could be a very good first grade full back but I'm not sure he has the game for the wing. Drury Low is dynamic but has been overlooked for Vidot and Reece Robinson consistently and not having watched him enough I'm not sure why the coaching staff haven't given him much of a shot. Sauiluma is an unknown (for me, I haven't seen enough).

I just have a feeling Bani's experience might be favoured.

If experience is what we were after we could have looked ahead and tried to get Michael Robertson back, he was always solid for Manly and has been there and done that. Otherwise I thought maybe someone like Elijah Niko might be worth a gamble.

I hope he wont figure in first grade plans, but I think he is seriously in contention for a spot. He wasn't bad in that Manly run towards the finals in 08 or 09 or whenever it was, but was dodgy as at the Cowboys.

Last edited:

overandout

Juniors
Maybe. None of those other guys are first grade wingers. Massey could be a very good first grade full back but I'm not sure he has the game for the wing. Drury Low is dynamic but has been overlooked for Vidot and Reece Robinson consistently and not having watched him enough I'm not sure why the coaching staff haven't given him much of a shot. Sauiluma is an unknown (for me, I haven't seen enough).

I just have a feeling Bani's experience might be favoured.

If experience is what we were after we could have looked ahead and tried to get Michael Robertson back, he was always solid for Manly and has been there and done that. Otherwise I thought maybe someone like Elijah Niko might be worth a gamble.

I hope he wont figure in first grade plans, but I think he is seriously in contention for a spot. He wasn't bad in that Manly run towards the finals in 08 or 09 or whenever it was, but was dodgy as at the Cowboys.

Certainly couldn't see DF starting someone who hasn't been involved in preseason training.

But I certainly agree that the left wing spot is wide open.

You're kidding yourself if you think he wont get a run. That wing spot is no where near locked up and they wouldn't have signed him if they didn't think he had ability. Beyond Drury Low, Fergo, Robinson, Massey and Sauilama our stocks on the wing are pretty slack. And I'm not sure our best back prospects, Hodge and Wighton, are capable wingers.

I would have thought there might been some better players who have missed out on a contract in need of a chance. I am slightly concerned.

My point is he is outside the 25man squad and we have players ( outside backs ) who are in the 25 man squad therefore are counted in our salary cap. Bani is not. Id say he is down the list especially if we are on our salary cap come the start of the season.

There is another article around saying we are still looking for another outside back , clubs are doing their audits now and may need to free up players.

Wighton has been training with the NRL squad prior to Christmas , there are big wraps on this guy. I hope he and can make the step up.

Titanic

First Grade
In fairness, I thought when he went north that he'd kick on but that didn't happen ... he's not over the hill and maybe he's got something to prove ... if you didn't pay overs then why not?

skeepe

Immortal
In fairness, I thought when he went north that he'd kick on but that didn't happen ... he's not over the hill and maybe he's got something to prove ... if you didn't pay overs then why not?

Careful mate, logic has no place on this forum.

Latest posts