What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan...wake up!

Bazal

Post Whore
We have, at the moment, a host of players who are either not up to standard or who need a kick up the backside from a giant with elephantiasis. We were past woeful today, beyond terrible, and as fans I know many of us have had it with many of the selections that Mr Hagan dishes up. Sitting in a pub with twenty or thirty Eels boys and girls today watching the game, not one of us would have been sorry to see Hagan given the boot at full time. Some of our major discussion points were; Brett Finch; I know it's been said, but how he keeps being selected is mind boggling. People will point to his game last week, but it's not hard to look like you are playing well when there is f**k all to compare it to. He has been terrible, and costs us big time. He makes poor decisions, executes those poor decisions horribly, gives away dumb penalties and costs us metres and possessions with those penalties and decisions. We'd be better served with him running the show in reggies and Blake Green at 6, or better still tearing up his contract altogether and blow the cost. He's just that bad. Aaron Cannings; The guy is a powderpuff. Seriously, for all his size and stature he plays like the Staypuft Marshmallow Man. Not to mention he is slow laterally and easily beaten by decent attackers. Potential should only get you so far-he hasn't lived up to his, so time to look for another prop. Eric Grothe; We all know how damaging Guru can be, at top form I wouldn't want any other man out on the wing. But he is in woeful form. He looks shaky and nervous every time he does anything, and his heart attack ball carries are back. He won't contest high balls and even if he does have a half hearted leap, he is dropping them. I think some time in reggies tearing up some juniors would do the man good. Timana Tahu; As with Grothe, he is out of form. I still wouldn't drop him, he is defending like a beast but his attacking play leaves a lot to be desired. He ambles at the line much of the time, then runs across field for 30 metres before being put down. He has taken some poor options recently when he makes a half break. Joel Reddy; The kid is a fullback, not a centre or winger, so why pick him there? Kris Inu has just played a starring role in a beaten Test team out of position, wtf would you pick Joel Reddy over a kid with a future that's brighter than a damn sun? Defies belief really. Next week had better be a whole lot better from our supposed coach. He has not done anything to arrest the chinks that have been steadily widening in our armour, in fact he has steadfastly refused to make any decisions that would benefit the side. People bagged out Brian Smith (unfairly IMO), and whilst I do agree it was time for a change in the coaching ranks, Hagan was never going to be the right man for the job. He's showing us that now, and unless he picks up his act he could well have a second wooden spoon to his credit after his time at Parramatta. As coach, HE must be the one to arrest this slide. HE must be the one to ring in the changes we need. You can blame the players all you want, but if they are out of form or not up to standard, and get picked, they can only do what is within the realms of their abilities. It is the coaches job to recognise these failings and do what is best for both player and team, and Mr Hagan is failing terribly in this department.

Bazal

Post Whore
fish eel said:
paragraphs please :lol:
:fist: I had them originally when I typed it, and have tried three times to edit it, and the stupid forums keep giving me that mess! Forums are farked lately

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well i got through all of that, just ;-) But i have to agree with most of what you've said.

Bazal

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
If you'd opened your eyes, you would have noticed me saying that for some reason it is f**ked and I can't fix it :roll: Perhaps, as an admin, you could quit whinging about it and explain why I can't get my post to display in the manner in which it was typed?

Fathead

Bench
Bazal,
The players love Mick Hagan. They should know whats going on. Ill leave it in their hands.
I think hes doing a great job.

pazzaeel

Juniors
We have, at the moment, a host of players who are either not up to standard or who need a kick up the backside from a giant with elephantiasis. We were past woeful today, beyond terrible, and as fans I know many of us have had it with many of the selections that Mr Hagan dishes up. Sitting in a pub with twenty or thirty Eels boys and girls today watching the game, not one of us would have been sorry to see Hagan given the boot at full time. Some of our major discussion points were;Brett Finch; I know it's been said, but how he keeps being selected is mind boggling. People will point to his game last week, but it's not hard to look like you are playing well when there is f**k all to compare it to. He has been terrible, and costs us big time. He makes poor decisions, executes those poor decisions horribly, gives away dumb penalties and costs us metres and possessions with those penalties and decisions. We'd be better served with him running the show in reggies and Blake Green at 6, or better still tearing up his contract altogether and blow the cost. He's just that bad.Aaron Cannings; The guy is a powderpuff. Seriously, for all his size and stature he plays like the Staypuft Marshmallow Man. Not to mention he is slow laterally and easily beaten by decent attackers. Potential should only get you so far-he hasn't lived up to his, so time to look for another prop.Eric Grothe; We all know how damaging Guru can be, at top form I wouldn't want any other man out on the wing. But he is in woeful form. He looks shaky and nervous every time he does anything, and his heart attack ball carries are back. He won't contest high balls and even if he does have a half hearted leap, he is dropping them. I think some time in reggies tearing up some juniors would do the man good.Timana Tahu; As with Grothe, he is out of form. I still wouldn't drop him, he is defending like a beast but his attacking play leaves a lot to be desired. He ambles at the line much of the time, then runs across field for 30 metres before being put down. He has taken some poor options recently when he makes a half break.Joel Reddy; The kid is a fullback, not a centre or winger, so why pick him there? Kris Inu has just played a starring role in a beaten Test team out of position, wtf would you pick Joel Reddy over a kid with a future that's brighter than a damn sun? Defies belief really.Next week had better be a whole lot better from our supposed coach. He has not done anything to arrest the chinks that have been steadily widening in our armour, in fact he has steadfastly refused to make any decisions that would benefit the side. People bagged out Brian Smith (unfairly IMO), and whilst I do agree it was time for a change in the coaching ranks, Hagan was never going to be the right man for the job. He's showing us that now, and unless he picks up his act he could well have a second wooden spoon to his credit after his time at Parramatta. As coach, HE must be the one to arrest this slide. HE must be the one to ring in the changes we need. You can blame the players all you want, but if they are out of form or not up to standard, and get picked, they can only do what is within the realms of their abilities. It is the coaches job to recognise these failings and do what is best for both player and team, and Mr Hagan is failing terribly in this department.

good post. agree with everything written.

its not a f**king english test so just read it how it is.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lacked imagination in attack but hard to do much under the circumstances

pazzaeel

Juniors
Bazal,
The players love Mick Hagan. They should know whats going on. Ill leave it in their hands.
I think hes doing a great job.

good point. i often here players come out and bag there own coach. i openly tell everyone that my boss is a f**kwit too. grow a brain.

One to many sherbies at the pub I think, they were all sick mate.

another spectacular point from a real thinker. bazal, you were too pissed to realise how good we actually were today. Maybe if you didnt drink, you would be able to accept the sh*t that was dished up today, just like cardinal.

Stagger eel

Staff member
how dare 9 of our players fall ill before the match...disgraceful coaching effort that one.

pazzaeel

Juniors
how dare 9 of our players fall ill before the match...disgraceful coaching effort that one.

name us the 9 players who were sick and how long they have been sick for before i pass to many more comments on this "bug".

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bazal said:
If you'd opened your eyes, you would have noticed me saying that for some reason it is f**ked and I can't fix it :roll: Perhaps, as an admin, you could quit whinging about it and explain why I can't get my post to display in the manner in which it was typed?

lol

it seems to work fine for everyone else so don't start blaming others

Latest posts