What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan...wake up!

MrT

Juniors
Is it just me or what. I mean i could see in the players that they weren't 100% fit.
Then I hear that they are ill, and you get all these people bagging players. Those players that played ill should be congratulated for still going out there in hot conditions and playing out the game.

Not sure when they fell ill, but why weren't they replaced with soem our PL boys.
Oh well the game is over. I'm willing to bet it was a one off, and if fit our team can fire

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
name us the 9 players who were sick and how long they have been sick for before i pass to many more comments on this "bug".

all I know that Dr Johnson was sent in the press conference and went through the players..who was ill, I know that Cannings, Caylo, Tim and Fui not sure who else..

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Is it just me or what. I mean i could see in the players that they weren't 100% fit.
Then I hear that they are ill, and you get all these people bagging players. Those players that played ill should be congratulated for still going out there in hot conditions and playing out the game.

Not sure when they fell ill, but why weren't they replaced with soem our PL boys.
Oh well the game is over. I'm willing to bet it was a one off, and if fit our team can fire

to be brutally honest and I'm not just saying it but in the first 5 minutes they didn't look right at all.

eelsta

Bench
MrT said:

Absolutely spot on,how many people on here could go to work sick and perform to there best not many i'm betting.

so just chill out,next week will be a whole different story of this i am SURE!!

MrT

Juniors
Eela they looked shocking. Tim looked bad, just didn't want to be there.
You know your team is ill when Delaney goes through straight up the middle.

Preston maybe but not Delaney

eelavation said:
to be brutally honest and I'm not just saying it but in the first 5 minutes they didn't look right at all.

spot on eela...we were saying that on the side we were on going in from Hayne, Tahu, Tim that there was just nothing in their step...no spring..nothing and we were like "wtf they just ran on!!"

Makes more sense now.

Fathead

Bench
pazzaeel said:
good point. i often here players come out and bag there own coach. i openly tell everyone that my boss is a f**kwit too. grow a brain.

Points to door ... Taxi ..;-)

Redback71

First Grade
well if there sick you cant blame them to much i supose, and remember how well they went last week. we definitly missed ben smith's defence in the centres and ian hindmarsh as well.

they carved us up the middle to easily.

we might not have won but at least the titans may have caught a bug or two.l

Utey

Coach
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, this virus seems to be very serious. I'm not one to accept mediocrity either, but it was a shame we couldn't be up there, fully fit and competing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Eela they looked shocking. Tim looked bad, just didn't want to be there.
You know your team is ill when Delaney goes through straight up the middle.

Preston maybe but not Delaney

it's funny you know I had a few of the gang at my place today and i could sworn that Colonel said in the first 5 minutes Fui just looked bloody pale as..at that time we had no idea what was going on.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ok, I just tried for the 7th time to edit it. It ain't working, so either quit bitching or lock the f**king thread, I don't care...

Kornstar

Coach
I knew there was something wrong with Tim, there was one stage he was pointing the players where to go, but he was not actually touching the ball......when they ran out after half time and they said Tim would not return, i was not surprised....

Can't wait for Saturday against the Roosters, i am sure they will all be pumped to make up for it (not that i am suggesting they need to, but i am 100% certain they will want to)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
spot on eela...we were saying that on the side we were on going in from Hayne, Tahu, Tim that there was just nothing in their step...no spring..nothing and we were like "wtf they just ran on!!"

Makes more sense now.

play that game 10 times over in different times we would probably win on 6 occasions and lose by less than 6 points on 4 occasions.

in 35 years of following I've never heard that we played 9 players crook going into the kick off, I remember carrying 1 or 2 but definitely not 9.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Where is the Players Union they shouldnt be playing sick Time for a STRIKE!!!!!!!!! Everyone Bar Tahu Can Boycott the Country Origin Match...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Y2Eel said:
Where is the Players Union they shouldnt be playing sick Time for a STRIKE!!!!!!!!! Everyone Bar Tahu Can Boycott the Country Origin Match...

players these days get it so easy as it is can you imagine if they did that :lol: you'll have the old timers up in arms.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
pazzaeel said:
good point. i often here players come out and bag there own coach. i openly tell everyone that my boss is a f**kwit too. grow a brain.

another spectacular point from a real thinker. bazal, you were too pissed to realise how good we actually were today. Maybe if you didnt drink, you would be able to accept the sh*t that was dished up today, just like cardinal.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bravo. A fantastic thread. More enjoyable than today's game. Thanks people.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The problem is that we have been playing like this for a few weeks now. In other games though we came up against opposition that were poor as well and we have been getting false hope from the other games.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
The problem is that we have been playing like this for a few weeks now. In other games though we came up against opposition that were poor as well and we have been getting false hope from the other games.

so are you saying we've had the bug for 6 weeks ??? :shock:

Bigfella

Coach
Eric Grothe; We all know how damaging Guru can be, at top form I wouldn't want any other man out on the wing. But he is in woeful form. He looks shaky and nervous every time he does anything, and his heart attack ball carries are back. He won't contest high balls and even if he does have a half hearted leap, he is dropping them. I think some time in reggies tearing up some juniors would do the man good. Timana Tahu; As with Grothe, he is out of form.

Grothe and Tahu tried hard yeaterday. They got involved and both were our two most likely to penetrate.

If neither of them had played, we would have been beaten by 50.

This effort didn't lack guts, bug or no bug.

I thought the effort against the Warriors Round 1 did, and I said so.

But they tried yesterday, and if the bug was as abd as alleged, it was actually an awesome effort. Could be a big point in our season IMO.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
so are you saying we've had the bug for 6 weeks ??? :shock:

Do we know which 8 players had the bug? So what were the other 9 doing? There was little effort by anyone and the gameplan seemed to be to bore the Titans to death.