What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan...wake up!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Do we know which 8 players had the bug? So what were the other 9 doing? There was little effort by anyone and the gameplan seemed to be to bore the Titans to death.

some of the players have been mentioned in the media are you doubting the clubs claims?? does it really matter who the players were?? you really expected for half the team to do the hard yards and bring home the points 8 or 9 of them were virtual passengers???

fairdinkum ND give me a break??? :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
Cayless, Moimoi, Green, Tim Smith, Reddy, Aaron Cannings and Josh Cordoba.

Ben didn't play.

With Cayless, Moimoi, Cannings and Cordoba crook thats the go-forward in some bother for a start.

One or two players being carried is one thing. Half the team? :lol: Seriously, expectations in this place are way too high at some stages.....

The Engineers Room

First Grade
What I am saying is all of them played like they were sick. If half the team were like that and we lost fair enough, but they all looked like they didn't want to be out there. I didn't expect them to win. I expected them to try.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well your expectations are higher than most because I saw a lot of blokes out there trying....... a weight of possession against them and 7 or 8 blokes sick with one man down on the bench wouldn't exactly be an ideal Sunday afternoon out on the park.

Bigfella

Coach
So what were the other 9 doing

Busting their guts to stay vaguely competitive, I'd suggest.

If the medical reports are true, and you have to accept them if a Dr attended the press conference and went on record, there was a lot of ticker shown not to have more points put on us.

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
OK well there has to be a few questions that must be asked.

1) If our reggies had the bye, why were a few of them not bought into first grade(or on stand by) if our players were so ill. After all they are coming first (I believe) and a fair few of them have already played first grade

The players themselves were prepared to play - at 2pm the team was named and it wasn't until they started warming up and sweating that they realised just how sick some of them were.

The two players that were taken to the Gold Coast were PL players and have both been sick as well. I'm not aware as to how many of the Premier League team were also struck by the virus - possibly could have effected them as well even if they were on the Coast anyways. Not exactly guaranteed that any one of them that travelled wouldn't have fallen ill.

2) Why was the only bloke bought in (Reddy) also not well.

Looks like the club was not terribly intelligent about the whole situation and are now looking for an excuse

Reddy was on the Gold Coast visiting his brother and was brought in as cover. Junior Paulo travelled as eighteenth man and was set to replace Caylo however Junior was sick as well and Caylo didn't want to sit out the game.

Remember that Ben only pulled out on the morning of the game and according to MITS who saw him early on that day looked fine at that stage.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Didn't Tim Gilbert say that the players had been ill for a few days. If it all happened suddenly on the morning of the game I profusely apologise.

By the way you can merge this with the other bug thread if you wish

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Didn't Tim Gilbert say that the players had been ill for a few days. If it all happened suddenly on the morning of the game I profusely apologise.

I think a few players had been sick since Thursday but not the whole eight..... Paulo was added as 18th man and Reddy was then brought in as cover as well when the virus started to spread assumingly.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

the virus may of started spreadin through the camp on Thursday but it doesn't mean 9 players were suffering then..

I was told this morning by DK that Dr Johno and DR Steve Mac have never in their time seen a virus spread so rapidly and aggresively in such a short space of time, if the players that were affected yesterday were supposedly all affected on Thursday than we would of had the whole squad suffer the same illness.

Tim and ben Smith spent the night in hospital and some of the other boys may well be in today.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Fair enough. Thanks for that info guys. I suppose it was a fair enough performance given the circumstances.

I was of the belief that we may have known about it (it being non - spreadable food poisoning) and we possibly could could have prepared better but it appears that was not the case

Latest posts