What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Jordan tries out for the Raiderettes

greeneyed

First Grade
Summary from today's CT:

Michael Jordan was the sole male to try out for the Raiderettes over a couple of rainy hours last Friday night. The Queanbeyan bank teller has been dancing since he was five and the Raiderettes were at least an opportunity for some creative expression. But what about all those potential boofheads who might throw a suggestion or two from the stands on game day?

"That was one of my concerns but I just thought, 'Oh well, see how we go', " he said. Mr Jordan, 23, worked as a dancer at Fox Studios in Sydney for 2 1/2 years before returning to Canberra. "There's not much in Canberra by the way of paid dancing so I thought 'Why not try to find out?' " he said.

Mr Jordan and 33 women auditioned on Friday night at Club Lime before three judges, including marketing manager Jason Amos. The current Raiderettes also have to try out every year. Mr Amos said: "We think we may have five new members, including one really exceptional girl, who'll we'll be talking to in the next few days."

The list has been reduced to 20 who will face a final audition on November 20, after which the final 15 will be announced.

Mr Amos said the Raiderettes would be more than cheerleaders in 2005, also attending public events and hosting corporate functions. "We want them to be real ambassadors for the Raiders" he said.

Mr Amos said he was interested in talking to Mr Jordan about a role with the Raiders.

Canberra documentary maker Peter Fock also had his camera at the try out, making a film about the quest to be a Raiderette, saying the project could be shown somewhere like on the Footy Show.

I don't know what's funnier, a guy cheerleader called Michael Jordan, or the documentary filmmaker's name... Peter Fock. :lol:

raiders_boy

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
I don't know what's funnier, a guy cheerleader called Michael Jordan, or the documentary filmmaker's name... Peter Fock. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neither do I

DJ Raida

Bench
I Bleed Green said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

King Tigerman

Juniors
the funniest thing is youll have a male cheerleader youll be the joke of the league like stgeorge was when they had a male cheerleader

Raider_69

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
good call

Tigerqueen - f**k off and dont let the door hit ya where the god lord split ya

Cheers

thickos

First Grade
King Tigerman said:
the funniest thing is youll have a male cheerleader youll be the joke of the league like stgeorge was when they had a male cheerleader

The funniest thing is that the Tigpies are a joke. :arrow: :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
I like the "Mr Jordan, 23" thing.

It was his number...yeah...you can't make this stuff up.

Freddo

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Michael Jordan was the sole male to try out for the Raiderettes over a couple of rainy hours last Friday night.

Mr Jordan and 33 women auditioned on Friday night at Club Lime before three judges

i bloke and 33 f**kIN HOT BABES gotta love that that guys is either gay or he fancies himself as a womeniser plus a dude filming the chicks when can i get a copy of that tape with the 33 women edit out the bloke and heyyy new marketing material

mike83au

Juniors
Freddo said:
greeneyed said:
Michael Jordan was the sole male to try out for the Raiderettes over a couple of rainy hours last Friday night.

Mr Jordan and 33 women auditioned on Friday night at Club Lime before three judges

i bloke and 33 f***in HOT BABES gotta love that that guys is either gay or he fancies himself as a womeniser plus a dude filming the chicks when can i get a copy of that tape with the 33 women edit out the bloke and heyyy new marketing material

Maybe he's just a really good cheerleader....

:lol:

jed

First Grade
mike83au said:
Freddo said:
greeneyed said:

i bloke and 33 f***in HOT BABES gotta love that that guys is either gay or he fancies himself as a womeniser plus a dude filming the chicks when can i get a copy of that tape with the 33 women edit out the bloke and heyyy new marketing material

Hopefully, otherwise I hope he's good at his career in hairdressing.

Panjabi

Juniors
Was this the same Michael Jordan that was on the bench for Arsenal in thier 3 - 1 defeat of Everton last night? If so, he certainly gets around! :D

40 Arturo Lupoli
47 Ryan Smith
11 Robin Van Persie

Substitutes
38 Michael Jordan

laurie

Juniors
Hahaha Wests were the first team to have a guy doin the cheerleading out of Campletown !! he used to cop heaps !

greeneyed

First Grade
jed said:
mike83au said:
Freddo said:
greeneyed said:

Hopefully, otherwise I hope he's good at his career in hairdressing.

The article says he's a bank teller.