What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

michael luck

LeagueNut

First Grade
^^ It looks like a few of them are a bit heavier than last season. Wade is one, Simon, and Patrick Ah Van too.

Micistm

Bench
A bit harsh on Luck IMO, he's consistant and does what he does well. He needs a few others to compliment his style around him

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Patrick Ah Van needed a bit of weight though.

Ah Van is a bit of a tank imo. I really think he could surprise people. He's obviously never going to be a speedster but I see him coming nearer and nearer the middle of the park- he was a bit of a skinny fella when he came in to first grade but he has a big frame on him. Everyone goes on about what a hard runner Junior Sau is and I really thought Ah Van belted him yesterday.

I know I'm a bit of a PAV groupie and have suggested him for pretty much every position in the backline other than the one he happens to be playing, but I've had another idea- how about playing him as a ball-playing 13, like he was in NYC?

Oh yeah, and Michael Luck. Very ordinary in that "ordinary actually means crap" kinda way. But as long as he keeps dominating the stats he'll have fans and we'll turn a blind eye to the fact he's a total gumby.

dubopov

Coach
i'm sick of him tbh. sures he tackle selflessly, putting his body on the line, blah blah.

but on attack. it seems that every time we're in the opposition 20, he'll hit the ball up with his slow uncanny running style and achieve nothing. i'm sick of it. i'm certain we'll be able to find someone who defends like him, who can run lines...

With due repect, anyone with knowledge of the game would realize that Luck is the best in the game for the role he has in the team. He is ahead of Johnson and Stagg for example who play the same sort of "lock" role. The edge he has over the others is the work that he does off the ball.

He's a very smart player and a coach's dream.

boxa777

Coach
Luck plays the role that Jeremy Smith, Stagg, Johnson, McPherson, Tongue play for their respective teams and he is very proficient at it. These players are vital.

Someone mentioned earlier that the Warriors' problems stem from the fact that the edge backrowers in the team currently (Mannering and Lillyman) do not compliment the team with alternative games. I think that is on the money.

Matulino has now had his first game back from injury and he is the man to really lift the side I think and should start on the right edge next week for a bit of variety. I think he is an awesome player.

Meth

Staff member
Get Matulino in, put Lillyman on the bench + Mannering needs to step up in attack + When Price back in the team = problem solved

8- Price
10- Rapira
11- Mannering
12- Matulino
13- Luck

res- Packer, Royal, Lillyman/Tai'i

Martli

Coach
Ah Van is a bit of a tank imo. I really think he could surprise people. He's obviously never going to be a speedster but I see him coming nearer and nearer the middle of the park- he was a bit of a skinny fella when he came in to first grade but he has a big frame on him. Everyone goes on about what a hard runner Junior Sau is and I really thought Ah Van belted him yesterday.

I know I'm a bit of a PAV groupie and have suggested him for pretty much every position in the backline other than the one he happens to be playing, but I've had another idea- how about playing him as a ball-playing 13, like he was in NYC?

I'm pretty pleased with his size now. Mostly because I thought he was more of a centre than a winger or fullback, but that he was just a bit too small for it in previous seasons. 13 would be interesting, but I say keep him at centre for now. Needs some game time there.

Latest posts