What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Michael Maguire sacked by Wests Tigers

Bazal

Post Whore
Reynolds was in a competition to be the starting half back so required development. As did Keary.

Madge won a comp with Dave Tyrell and Jason Clark as front rowers. Two of the ploddiest plodders who ever plodded.

All premiership teams have gold plated rosters.

Madge was obviously too intense for his second generation of players but coached up a squad of talent to a powerhouse.

Yeah I think anyone saying he's not a good coach at worst is probably a Walters

I do think he's probably a coach that you move on after a certain time. He's very f**king intense and that definitely helps build toughness and accountability but it also gets old fast after a while.

ACTPanthers

Bench

I do think he's probably a coach that you move on after a certain time. He's very f**king intense and that definitely helps build toughness and accountability but it also gets old fast after a while.
Similar reason why I think Ricky should make way for someone new in Canberra - Intense coach but it gets tiresome after a while

Yea which makes him ideal for rep coaching doesnt it... short stints of intensity but not so long that it wears players down. I'm gutted we lost him from the Kiwis, and almost as much for NSW.

What's the verdict on how he'll go in Brisbane?

Feels like his intensity is just what they need. Add that to the talent they have, assuming the prima donnas dont throw their toys of course... are they top 4 straight off the bat?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
“So, (incoming Brisbane assistants) Ben Te’o and Trent Barrett said, and I’m not going to name one of those, they said ‘it’s a real easy fix - it’s not much and we’ll turn it around easy’. Gorden Tallis

He was given a gold plated roster at Souths. Winning a premiership was surely a bare minimum with the squad they had.

Issac Luke, Sam Burgess & Greg Inglis at there peaks were recruited before he arrived.

He lucked in Adam Reynolds came through at the time he started as coach.

The stars aligned i reckon Bennett would have won 100% with the squad Madge had.

You don't win competitions in any sport without talent. Remind me again of the last rugby league team to win an NRL Grand Final composed solely of clubman type players who had a complete "no name" roster?

He was given a gold plated roster at Souths. Winning a premiership was surely a bare minimum with the squad they had.

Issac Luke, Sam Burgess & Greg Inglis at there peaks were recruited before he arrived.

He lucked in Adam Reynolds came through at the time he started as coach.

The stars aligned i reckon Bennett would have won 100% with the squad Madge had.
Disagree, he has 2 rookie halves when he got there and was taking over a team that was mid table (back to back 11-13 seasons). He immediately had them top 4. He’s probably not a long term solution but whilst brisbane have a strong squad he will have them thereabouts. Walters wasn’t getting a tune out of the side at all after a disastrous collapse in the 23 grand final and a shocking post origin slump in 22.