What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MICHAEL VELLA - A TRUE LEGEND. [what he revealed]

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll be very brief

Mick revealed in the press conference that he knew about the cancer after he went to a doctor about a throat complaint last Thursday, he then told Coach Smith before Saturday's game who gave him the option to either play or sit out the match, he chose to play he then told his parents on Monday night as he didn't want to disrupt a family christening that was taking place on sunday.

he then told his team mates on Tuesday and was operated on yesterday discharged today. The cancer has been removed and will continue therapy ASAP.

this is the clincher!!!

He want's to be back on the field in 2 months!!.....

IF THAT ISN'T THE COMMITMENT OF ONE OF THE TOUGHEST PLAYERS TO WEAR OUR JERSEY I'LL TURN IT UP!!!!

YOUR A TRUE LEGEND MICK VELLA!!!!!!! :cry: :clap:

The Colonel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
The Parramaniacs should make up a sign to hang at the ground to show the fans support for him and his recovery.

I'm trying to work out if we can re-name the Parramaniacs in his honour. ;-) Any suggestions are apprecited.

But yes, a get well soon soon banner will be a good idea!

newmanj

Juniors
I am utterly devestated by this news. I hope and pray everything will be fine for him. Who cares about whether he plays again or not, it is irrelevant at this time.

All the Best Micky V.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

newmanj said:
I am utterly devestated by this news. I hope and pray everything will be fine for him. Who cares about whether he plays again or not, it is irrelevant at this time.

All the Best Micky V.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah as long as he gets better, Thats the main thing.

BD5733

Juniors
How about the Parramaniacs grow a ridiculous moe like Vella?

:)

On a serious note, no doubt his form will still be debated in the future, but his commitment to every aspect of our club can NEVER be doubted.

Utey

Coach
BD5733 said:

On a serious note, no doubt his form will still be debated in the future, but his commitment to every aspect of our club can NEVER be doubted.

Grow a brain. The guy has cancer and you talk about his form being debated.

Hellsy

Immortal
Just so long as it doesn't go over the top.

A get well banner should be good Mystik ;-)

Not that I don't think he'd appreciate it, but try and put yourself in his shoes. He is going to have every Tom Dick and Harry wishing him all the best ......... he is going to have a lot to deal within his own emotions.

Good Luck Micky :D

BD5733

Juniors
BD5733 said:

Grow a brain. The guy has cancer and you talk about his form being debated.

So from now on, years down the track, your saying no-one will ever say a bad word about Vella because he once had cancer?

I dont know how you interpreted my post, obviously just on the hunt to have a go at someone. My brain is in perfect working order. Thanks for asking :D

True EEL

Bench
geez a bit of a legend the old Michael Vella hey

hope everything works out for him and that he regains full health before he even considers playing again

certainly a gutsy effort on the weekend and his declaration of wanting to play within a month - thats Parra for you and let's not forget he could ahve taken the low road and skipped town recently and played for Wigan on big money??? but instead chose to stay on with his beloved eels and fight it out - just like he will with this cancer

its all starting to bring a tear to my eye actually :cry:

canteen worker

Juniors
All the best to Micky Vella from supporters of other clubs. Rivalry yes - but in cases like this - get well soon and hope to see you back on the field again (and belting you backwards again!!!)

No matter what club you support and how we all have go at each club and the players and coaches, all the best wishes must go to Michael Vella, to get well soon and get back on the field, he has shown all players exactly how to represent the game with honour and distinction, and to put other people before himself, get well soon Michael Vella, and then on the light side you will be the first Parra player to be cheered at Shark Park

all the best to michael vella. godspeed for a rapid and total recovery. looking forward to seeing him back on the field for his beloved eels :clap:

Latest posts