What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MICHAEL VELLA - A TRUE LEGEND. [what he revealed]

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
newmanj said:
I am utterly devestated by this news. I hope and pray everything will be fine for him. Who cares about whether he plays again or not, it is irrelevant at this time.

All the Best Micky V.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah as long as he gets better, Thats the main thing.

And he plays for us again hey Jake. Criticise him as you do, you must agree that he has the potential to be a very devastating front rower in this competition.

Utey

Coach
Watch in his comeback. He will play every game like its his last. GOnna be very fired up with a big chant as well.

bartman

Immortal
Let's just let him recover first, eh? I don't doubt Vella's spirit, but it's a big big mental thing for him to adjust to, given it was what five days between him finding out and having the op?

Imagine what would have been going through his head over those five days? And now there's the isolation, treatment, recovery, return to training.... I just want him to recover and feel better within himself first and foremost. Anything else to me is a bonus in this situation.

From what he's said it seems important to Vella to get back on the field for the Eels, but my expectations of his play are just the same as before this came to light. He'll still have to show the improvement to force someone out of a starting position. If he does that, then yeah I hope he can be again devastating and play out each game like it's his last. :clap:

But to me it's unfair to now expect that level of him as a result of this, when it'll be that bit harder for him to do. Hope yes, expect... why not wait and see?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, I want what is best for him.

he openly admits to loving footy, and loving playing for Parramatta.

So if that is what he wants, then I am happy for him and will support him in any way I can.

But first and foremost, he needs to get better. Not just for the team, but because the man is a special person and one of the best blokes on the planet.

Utey

Coach
Bit of a shame that it took a guy to get cancer for him to earn respect.

Nikki

Coach
The EELiminator said:
I can't believe he still wanted to play in the roosters trial only a few days after he found out he had cancer!

You can never tell whats going thru Micks head at the best of times but I think that fact that he wanted to play shows his true character. It was probably a mental thing for him in saying that he is not going to let it ruin his life/career and he will fight it all the way. Mick is a very strong and determined bloke and I have no doubts that he will make a full recovery from this

Its a damn shame that it has taken something like this to make everyone realise that these guys are human. Not to start a sh*t fight in this thread but I wonder how much of his "bad form" would now be contributed to the cancer. One of the symptons of a thyroid problem is fatigue. I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But the main thing is Mick knows that the Parra community is behind him and I am sure that its boosts his confidence in all of this.

Can you take mobile phones into the isolation ward.. He must be going mental. lol

Utey

Coach
:lol: If I know mick, once he gets out he will be handing out a weeks worth of torment into one day.

Nikki

Coach
That will be scary..

I saw him last Friday night and besides the stoopidity electrodes buzzing between us (thanks for that Eelavation), he really did look fine, albeit a little tired. But it eased my panic a little bit once I saw him.

Nikki

Coach
Mate, he is a top bloke. I actually sent him an SMS after it was announced on radio, thinking that he will just read it and know that I am supporting him and true to Mick form, he replies right back... Thats probably how he got it, too much radiation from that bloody phone!!!

Utey

Coach
:lol: :lol: Your so lucky you are that close to the players. You see a side that most fans never will. Lucky girl :p

Nikki

Coach
Hmm... not soo lucky sometimes. Its a bit of a sore point with me at the moment. Poor Hellchick and Jess have had their ears chewed off about it. But yeah, sometimes it has its perks. But I guess at the end of the day, they are all just normal people. No different from having anyone else's number.

Eelementary

Post Whore

So true..

Personally, I've always respected him because I love his personality and am a massive fan of his.

Even in 2004, which wasn't his best season, he proved in a few games how good he is.

Utey

Coach
Nikki said:
Hmm... not soo lucky sometimes. Its a bit of a sore point with me at the moment. Poor Hellchick and Jess have had their ears chewed off about it. But yeah, sometimes it has its perks. But I guess at the end of the day, they are all just normal people. No different from having anyone else's number.

Ears chewed off by the players? In an angry way or by talking to much?

Glenn

First Grade
Just an update on Mick V he was at Cabbramatta today and we were talking him at the conclusion of the game. He enters isolation on Monday for five days . He is going to take his mobile also he wants a X-BOX with him to help pass the boredom.
All the best Mick hope to see you back soon.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Glenn said:
Just an update on Mick V he was at Cabbramatta today and we were talking him at the conclusion of the game. He enters isolation on Monday for five days . He is going to take his mobile also he wants a X-BOX with him to help pass the boredom.
All the best Mick hope to see you back soon.

Micky...

Tsk tsk...

Surely you'd prefer the better all-round console - the Mighty PS2?