What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt.

Noa

First Grade
Apperntly he has been told he is free to leave by the Warriors.

What do people think, would he be worth taking on and throwing in at 6 or would it be to late for Bellamy and co to hammer all those deficienies he has in his game.

Shorty

Staff member
Would he fit in with Melbourne's style of play?

I think it'd be worth trying for him,Witt isn't a horrible player but he is not a leader or chief play maker.
He needs to play with a dominant first receiver and develop a better support game.

I would love him at the Cows next to Thurston NOT Rovelli!

aussies1st

Staff member
Cronk is the playmaker so I reckon Witt would go well at the Storm. He also would fix up the goal kicking which has been a problem for Smith.

Noa

First Grade
Would he fit in with Melbourne's style of play?

I think it'd be worth trying for him,Witt isn't a horrible player but he is not a leader or chief play maker.
He needs to play with a dominant first receiver and develop a better support game.

I would love him at the Cows next to Thurston NOT Rovelli!

He'd be made to fit in.

One thing Bellamy, and Kearney for the matter seeing the job he did with Fien, are good at is telling a half what they expect from him and what they dont expect from him.

And I think all theyd want from him is to be a link man, be in postion as an option kicker and most importantly theyd expect him not to be a liability in defence.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade

What do people think, would he be worth taking on and throwing in at 6 or would it be to late for Bellamy and co to hammer all those deficienies he has in his game.

According to whatever sources spread this stuff he was told he could but then the Warriors changed their minds so nothing seems certain at this stage.

boldy

Juniors
and plus you get to adopt Wittyfan into your forum!!! Wow what a deal. Please sign him. No really I'm begging you.

:pray:

LESStar58

Referee

No! I'm still pissed off at him for scoring THAT try!!! :x

No. Only kidding. If he goes to five-eighth and lets Cronk and Cam run the show he'd be a good buy and allow GI to go back to the outside backs. This is obviously a ploy by the Warriors to allow Fein to stay in light of Stacy Jones coming out of retirement.

Problem is he probably won't come here and we probably won't even be able to afford him!

Shorty

Staff member
Hey can you imagine what Bellamy would have done if he was playing for Storm and scored that try?
I think he'd have popped in eye socket:lol:

LESStar58

Referee
Hey can you imagine what Bellamy would have done if he was playing for Storm and scored that try?
I think he'd have popped in eye socket:lol:

Judging from his reaction when GI went over in the corner at Suncorp last year I think thats a fair call! :lol:

AILD

Bench

No. Only kidding. If he goes to five-eighth and lets Cronk and Cam run the show he'd be a good buy and allow GI to go back to the outside backs. This is obviously a ploy by the Warriors to allow Fein to stay in light of Stacy Jones coming out of retirement.

Problem is he probably won't come here and we probably won't even be able to afford him!

Problem with that is...hinchcliffe wont see any game time. and bellamy seems to really want use him this year. if we have witt then ryan will sit on the bench untill the last 10 mins every game and touch the ball twice a game.

Talanexor

Juniors
Is he a half Witt ??...

Did you spend a couple of hours coming up with that one all by yourself????

Seriously I reckon you guys need to sign a 6 pronto - not to contribute very much, but just to allow GI to go back to the centres. Witty's not a bad player, if you include his goal kicking, but you aren't going to find many decent 5/8ths you can fit under the salary cap. He'd be a smart buy.

Did you spend a couple of hours coming up with that one all by yourself????

Seriously I reckon you guys need to sign a 6 pronto - not to contribute very much, but just to allow GI to go back to the centres. Witty's not a bad player, if you include his goal kicking, but you aren't going to find many decent 5/8ths you can fit under the salary cap. He'd be a smart buy.

No...5 hours...thanks champ.:roll: