What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Girds89

Bench
A few were his fault but Ivan putting a prop out wide wasn't very smart

Wrong. None were his fault..

In fact none were naths fault..

Poorly numbering up.

You watch tago amd expect critta defence. Hes not there yet.

Same issues ive been saying for 3-4 months. To condensed in the middle and the edges are massively stretched..

Some ppl like you wamt to keep blaming individuals but i can guarantee thats a team issue. Tago had 5 misses today and almost all of them were dying at a player he wasnt even supposed to be marking.

When he has to and we numbered up properly he was fine. Its when we are stretched as hell we are getting avg decisions but its only avg cos we are used to seeing critta come up with miracles..

Of the tries we leaked today hes the only centre in the game that may have stopped them on the right but its a big if.

Munky

Coach
Turuva was much better on the left.

Hopefully McLean and him keep the left positions next week and To'o goes to the right.

Girds89

Bench
Tago has been awful for a year now and some people still can't admit it

I havent heard ivan bag him once in a presser. He hasnt been dropped..

Yes hes down on form lol. Almost all have acknowledged that..

But you blame him for every try on the right. The fact your blaming him for any of those tries on the right today is laughable.

I summed it up a few weeks back then someone posted the youtube vid of analysis and it basically broke down what ive been trying to say all year..

We number up better and we fix the edge issues..

We are playing really condensed in the middle.

Ivan is such a smart coach he will fix it. Best 17 on the park and i reckon we hold even the best sides to 2-3 tries max

Iamback

Coach
No try today was tagos fault alone ffs.

You blokes cleary don't understand footy i swear..

The tries they scored on that side we were effed for numbers.

Ive been saying it for 3-4 momths. We arent numbering up well and are playing way to condensed in the middle.. we barely ever concede line breaks in and around the ruck. But we are stuffed out wide.. need to spread in the middle a bit especially in the ruck area.

Have liam henry at 2nd row doesmt help..

The 1 defender needs to be pushing 3 or 4m wider and the markers need to work harder to cover the ruck.. pushes everyone that bit wider and should help the issues on the edge.

Notice how Turuva changed sides and no issue?
I don't remember Mav having any issues at Left centre even next to Turuva

The one constant on the right has been Tago, Yet somehow he shouldn't wear blame?

Girds89

Bench
Some times that'll be true but today Cleary was obviously rusty as hell. No Shane in it after 10 weeks out. Tago has also been bad for an extended period there's no hiding that.

Lol what? Cleary being rusty has nothing to do with not numbering up.

Before i write crap i rewatch tries in slow motion. See the numbers and the line.

Todays no different. Caught short and they scored. If it was gutho as fb and not the hammer maybe we couldve covered but nath got caught one in field against the 2nd rower to often as we were short and didnt have the speed to cover the sweeper out back being hammer.

If wed numbered up properly hed have been on hammer on the move. Not trying to get there after the decoy run by the 2md rower he was also marking...

Ohh and to add to that. Tago was marking farnworth. A very good centre. Did herbie score? I dont think he beat tago once. All tagos misses were trying to cover lack of numbers. He dived a few times last minute at blokes that weremt his amd missed..

Stats only show so much.. nath said it post game interview and then in the presser.. he had some bad reads. But thats him being an experienced captain.. not going to blame henry inside him or let on we aremt numbering up well.

He can shoulder the blame and the boys can fix it before the semis.

Ive said for months. Every year has been different.. as long as ivan gets us firing by rd 25 we will be ok

Girds89

Bench
Notice how Turuva changed sides and no issue?
I don't remember Mav having any issues at Left centre even next to Turuva

The one constant on the right has been Tago, Yet somehow he shouldn't wear blame?

Haha. You love to come up with these hypotheticals. Ivans kept him there. For all the super coaches on here has he been dropped? Has he bagged him in a presser?? Quite the opposite tbh.

I actually think ivan knows the issues steam from further in field..

No doubt hes form has been down but just the blaming for every try on the right is crazy.

Like i havent seen nath cop anything today. All the tries on the right were x10 on nath them him. But he cops it haha..

Like i keep saying. Number up and we are fine. Playing to condensed

WestyLife

First Grade
Girds89 and mates.

Please explain what happened here @1:23-1:30

How is this try not Tago and/or Nathans fault?

Oh look Nathan goes in on the decoy who was covered leaving a huge gap between him and Tago. His body is literally angled to the near side of the field but its actually the numbers that are wrong.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Girds89 and mates.

That’s Liam Henry’s fault, he didn’t release.
Inexperience defending on an edge is the issue here.

The Hammer is extremely fast, that’s his bread and butter.

Girds89

Bench
Girds89 and mates.

Are you serious haha..

Here i was thinking you were one of the blokes with an idea realist.

Henry isn't a 2md rower to start with so thats on ivan having a bloke with avg lateral movement there.

But here it is.

1. We dont number up off the ruck. A wide pass of the ruck means kenny us lining up on stone.

2. Mark nichols runs the lead line that holds up henry.

3. Nath is watching katoa who hes numbered up against... at this point we are clearly outnumbered

4. We do well to slide but henry is now having to slide off nicols to katoa and katoa looks too hit the new lead runner in lemuelu who drags in nath.

5. Hammer sweeping out back and nath cleary cant make up speed and tago is forced into either holding and trusting nath and staying on herbie or jamming up. He trusts nath they score.

Teams have been using the wide pass of the ruck all year knowing we play a condensed middle..

We were outnumbered on that play from the very first pass off the ruck..

Its basic footy.

WestyLife

First Grade
That’s Liam Henry’s fault, he didn’t release.
Inexperience defending on an edge is the issue here.

The Hammer is extremely fast, that’s his bread and butter.

Henry had the second rower covered by the looks of that. Nathan turns in unnecessarily.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Relieved with the win as I honestly feared a loss coming into the game and thought I was going to be proved right but there was fighting spirit in the team to come back from 14 points down and a superb two pointer by a 'rusty' NC!

I'm just glad bloody Origin is over for another year. As much as I enjoyed seeing the Blues get one over the Maroons for a change, it's come at a cost of the quality of our club performances.
Fortunately, we are still in pretty good shape with 12-5 record and every chance of a 5th consecutive top 2 ladder finish, despite all the flaws in our game that fans are discussing.

Girds89

Bench
Let's get our best 17 on the park or close to it amd see how we go..

I actually think that weve dome incredible to be 2nd this year given huge origin outs amd nath being out more than half the year.

We just need to get to the end of the year in 2nd and get all 17 on deck.

Ivan can get this team firing.

I look at the positives.

Jfh and leota started the year very very slow to say the least..

Theyve been awesome the last month.

Laurie awesome form

Kennys running game is getting better and better as is his ball playing

Laui is in his best ever form

SOO has given marto the fire up he needed..

We are winning with a different 17 every week.

Yes id love tago to be killing it in attack and forl be like last year but atm if we can get to the end of the year in 2nd, get a home final and have close to best 17 on the park ill be confident