What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middles Rotation

DJDL

Bench
I noticed BHU, Toby and Sifa's minutes were down considerably this week.
On top of that, Tommy and Herb (in particular) have been playing longer spells.

Which gets me to thinking - is this all part of Fitzy prepping them for the next month?
Tommy and Herb to have the same output, but over a shorter period, and the others all relatively fresh to rip in.

Thoughts?

I think they’re being very cautious with BHU.

Coming back from injury.

Also match fitness not where it needs to be.

Sifa is restricted because McInnes is killing it at lock and Tieg & Brit are not injured/ suspended and playing really well.

Toby not sure.

He’s not one of my favourite forwards to be honest.

He blew a try by going back in the middle in that second half when there was numbers to the right. I don’t think he’s the most smartest bloke and it shows. He also always has a stupid error in him. Can’t fault his heart. He’s all heart but not so much blessed in smarts.

Weaponhead

Coach
There is a much more flexible approach to rotation happening this season compared to last. Part may have been forced by injuries and part by design.

The middles have much more role flexibility now with Tommy' emergence as a starter. He has improved immensely. Kaufusi is playing his role very well.

I thought Toby went pretty well yesterday for the most part. He should have passed to right as DS said. He was very gassed at the end his stint and was struggling to keep up. His injury is likely to be hindering his fitness but he has decent experience.

Jack Williams is playing very well. He is battle hardened and lifts the energy. Sifa is finding his feet adding impact in the middle. The try running over Hunt was well worked. His versatility will be vital if there is an injury in the backs.

The performance of the other middles is allowing Fitz to take his time with BHU. He is a powerful unit who will add so much to the team as he builds match fitness and confidence.

Tuks has showed significant improvement from last year where he ordinary for the Jets. He has plenty of upside. Hunt can also play a low minute impact role as needed.

This unit has starters, long minute benchies, low minute impact roles covered.

roboshark

Coach
There is a much more flexible approach to rotation happening this season compared to last. Part may have been forced by injuries and part by design.

The middles have much more role flexibility now with Tommy' emergence as a starter. He has improved immensely. Kaufusi is playing his role very well.

I thought Toby went pretty well yesterday for the most part. He should have passed to right as DS said. He was very gassed at the end his stint and was struggling to keep up. His injury is likely to be hindering his fitness but he has decent experience.

Jack Williams is playing very well. He is battle hardened and lifts the energy. Sifa is finding his feet adding impact in the middle. The try running over Hunt was well worked. His versatility will be vital if there is an injury in the backs.

The performance of the other middles is allowing Fitz to take his time with BHU. He is a powerful unit who will add so much to the team as he builds match fitness and confidence.

Tuks has showed significant improvement from last year where he ordinary for the Jets. He has plenty of upside. Hunt can also play a low minute impact role as needed.

This unit has starters, long minute benchies, low minute impact roles covered.
Add AFB and its very exciting

Everyone is saying watch out for the Warriors next season adding JFH.

Have not seen much made about us adding AFB to our forward power next season.

Eventually the penny will drop.

Then everyone in the media will be banging on about it. It’s really copy cat talk in the media. Oh they’re talking about that let’s also talk about that.

Special K

Coach
They are rebuilding Sifa. They moved him out wide and made him drop 6kg or so and it changed his body shape(Hard to believe I know). The plan is to get him back to being built like how he was when he was last in the middle for us.

I was going to post about middle so glad someone did.
Middles 240 mins per game.

What they can play appex

Kaufisi 35-50
Hazelton 35-50
McInness 45 - 60

Williams 45 - 60
Talakai 20 - 35
Rudolf 25 - 40
Uele 5 -20

The 240 for us is easy to cover and actually don't have to play our players to the max.
I think Fitz has been building up Kaufisi and Hazelton, I think there minutes will drop 5-10 against storm, roosters and Panthers.
That's where we will see Talakai, Rudolf, Uele increase there minutes.

What we are lucky is that McIness and Williams can do monster minutes if asked

Tiger Shark

Bench
Everyone is saying watch out for the Warriors next season adding JFH.

Have not seen much made about us adding AFB to our forward power next season.

Eventually the penny will drop.

Then everyone in the media will be banging on about it. It’s really copy cat talk in the media. Oh they’re talking about that let’s also talk about that.
Are people saying that ? I haven't seen it, I've seen how it's a great pick up considering who they lost, which it is. Astounding work getting JFH after losing AFB.

I'm not suprised if they are. Media loves the Warriors and they will go out of their way to find a narrative to bag us.

Tiger Shark

Bench
They are rebuilding Sifa. They moved him out wide and made him drop 6kg or so and it changed his body shape(Hard to believe I know). The plan is to get him back to being built like how he was when he was last in the middle for us.
Which you'll assume will take time, to learn the role, gets used to the fitness demands and change his body type.

Though I dont think they should change it too much, he's still a big human and if he's there for versatility he needs to stay mobile. I wouldn't be changing his body , just give him time to get used to the new role.

Another 6 or 7 rounds and he'll be humming

I hope they don’t add too much weight to his frame. I like the idea he can go into the centres if we lose one for a match or during a game.

Are people saying that ? I haven't seen it, I've seen how it's a great pick up considering who they lost, which it is. Astounding work getting JFH after losing AFB.

I'm not suprised if they are. Media loves the Warriors and they will go out of their way to find a narrative to bag us.
Been mentioned on 360 in fact Kent said it could make them favourites next season. Kent probably was sent for a HIA after the show. Lol

I listen to a lot of sports radio and it has been mentioned a lot how JFH can make the Warriors a real dangerous team next year.

Have hardly heard anyone mention AFB and what his arrival will do for the Sharks. But like I said in a previous post. It only takes one media outlet to mention a comment and others will copy the “topic”.

Quigs

Immortal
You know it is a funny old game this League and how it has evolved.

I loved playing the game and although I was the greatest player that never represented at any thing I played to a ripe enough age to finally call it quits. I'd had my share of fun and more then a lot of great memories.

I just can't get my head around how these modern day players train so hard, work on their physique, maintain strict dietary requirements, even the temptation to take forbidden supplements that are not quiet as they should be. What do they train? - five six time a week for 10 - 11 months of the year.

And yet these blokes appear content to play 20 minutes a week.

Fair dinkum it would piss me off sitting on the sideline as the game was unfolding before my eyes.

I suppose the pay cheque would compensate.

I remember the quote from John Lurch O'Neil the Souffs hardman. He said something like .... "If the trainer come onto the field to take me off I'd bash the bastard" "I train all week to play the game".

bluefox68

Staff member
You know it is a funny old game this League and how it has evolved.

I loved playing the game and although I was the greatest player that never represented at any thing I played to a ripe enough age to finally call it quits. I'd had my share of fun and more then a lot of great memories.

I just can't get my head around how these modern day players train so hard, work on their physique, maintain strict dietary requirements, even the temptation to take forbidden supplements that are not quiet as they should be. What do they train? - five six time a week for 10 - 11 months of the year.

And yet these blokes appear content to play 20 minutes a week.

Fair dinkum it would piss me off sitting on the sideline as the game was unfolding before my eyes.

I suppose the pay cheque would compensate.

I remember the quote from John Lurch O'Neil the Souffs hardman. He said something like .... "If the trainer come onto the field to take me off I'd bash the bastard" "I train all week to play the game".
It is because the NRL is entertainment, same as the NFL.
They need people playing at close to 100% capacity all the time.
Risk of injury is greater, but “the show must go on.”

Frenzy.

Immortal
I noticed BHU, Toby and Sifa's minutes were down considerably this week.
On top of that, Tommy and Herb (in particular) have been playing longer spells.

Which gets me to thinking - is this all part of Fitzy prepping them for the next month?
Tommy and Herb to have the same output, but over a shorter period, and the others all relatively fresh to rip in.

Thoughts?
Nope. I think it's bigger picture than that.I think it's all about improving end of season game performance.

Fitz can plan as far ahead as he wants but it's dangerous to start preparing for anything other than the next game. Can lose focus.

I just think he's developing forwards who haven't figured much in end of year footy in the NRL.

The bench use seems to be linked to the flexibility in the game plan in general for mine.

Frenzy.

Immortal

JFH was big news for a week or two and every time I heard it discussed there was mention of AFB to the Sharks being big for us as well.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Been mentioned on 360 in fact Kent said it could make them favourites next season. Kent probably was sent for a HIA after the show. Lol

I listen to a lot of sports radio and it has been mentioned a lot how JFH can make the Warriors a real dangerous team next year.

Have hardly heard anyone mention AFB and what his arrival will do for the Sharks. But like I said in a previous post. It only takes one media outlet to mention a comment and others will copy the “topic”.
That's true but who gives a fekk. Really?

I like it far better to be under the radar in every way. The club gives SFA away these days so there's not much for the media to talk about in terms of the Sharks and that's great.

Keep those wagons circled Sharkies.