What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty Magpies

Butch

Juniors
What about the mighty Magpies, they are back !!!!!!!!!

Word is they have just signed a 3 year deal with the Raiders for their Premier League side to be playing in the Qld Cup !!!! and they will be playing out of Logan !!!!! apparently the people that count are keen for a high profile sporting club to be playing out of the Logan area, from what I have heard the MAGGIES are real close to securing new premises in Browns Plains at the old dump site, what a coooooo for the Maggies and Logan, and what about the kids, they will finally have a club to support in their own territory, HUUUGE !!!!

A great move for the club, what about the support they will generate from there, tghe opportunity to generate extra sponsorship from the Logan District will be phenomonal.

Coincidently their major sponsor Cavalier Homes is Logan based as well they are a major sponsor of the Raiders and are tipping about $1.500.000 into the FOG,s Former Origin Greats over the next 3 years.

The Magpies look like they have a bright future and hopefully they will return to the GLORY DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parra pete

Referee
Souths Logan are on fire at the moment and the news you have posted will ensure the Club goes from strength to strength.
Cavalier Homes certainly are putting plenty of money into the game..good to see big business getting into the Qld Cup..
How come Souths Logan let Chris Sandow go tho the Titans. Shouldn't he have gone to the Raiders?

steeden.

Juniors
i thought the move to Logan was confirmed yonks ago

as did I, but I didnt know about them playing their premier league squad in the QC. Good work to Canberra and Cavalier for saving the Maggies, if it wasnt for them they wouldnt exist. Now all that needs to be done is get the jersey back to black and white

Butch

Juniors
Obviously the deal was done to move to Logan some time ago but, they couldn't find a home, the first choice was Acacia Ridge with the juinors, unfortunately that didn't suit, from what I'm told a certain "EGO" at the juniors didn't give a hoot about anyones juniors but their own, Souths Logans tenure was they wanted every junior in the Logan district to benefit out of the relationship with the Raiders, Whom by the way have a fulltime Development Manager Paul Bramley, ( who was fulltime development manager for The Melbourne Storm for the last 3 years ) based in Logan, working out of the Logan Sport and Rec Club, which is run by the Raiders, so they really do have a foot in the Logan Corridoor and access to around 2500 kids, big difference from 3 to 4oo kids at Acacia Ridge, fingers crossed, hop on over to Davies Park 2morrow, the Maggies are ready to savage the Gulls, we'll see how young Sandow goes, I'm sure he will recieve a great welcome home from the boys.

steeden.

Juniors
imo its a shame that the Brandon Park experiment didnt work because it theoretically would've left the door open for Souths and Logan to one day split back into two clubs, but it is good to see that at least the Magpies are still alive and kicking.

Where in Logan are they going to be located? surely not Meakin Park :)

mightybears

Bench
imagine they'll find a new home in the west logan/browns plains area
get greenbank rsl on side and they'll be a powerhouse

parra pete

Referee
Sounds like they are on their way already. Hey Butch, does Mal still have anything to do with the coaching at South/Logan.
Has the Club got a strong "old Boys' Connection going?

Butch

Juniors
Mal and Gary Grienkie are the Coaching Directors, not a bad connection as Gronk 9is coaching the Queensland 19's and Mal is the Origin Coach, Neil Henry will hand pick his coaching staff at Souths Logan next year, but Mal and Gary will stay in their positions, bit of a coincidence Neil is Mals assistant at Origin level as well.

The old Browns Plains dump will be their new home, the fields are already in playing order, no facilities as yet, with councils plans in place ( the Mayor Graham Able is a great supporter of Rugby League ) it will become a super stadium over the next couple of years, I am also led to believe the Maggies will be playing the Aspley Bronco's out there later in the year, provided the QRL sanction it, what a great spectacle for Logan, there is going to be a huge family day, admission will be free, a great initiative by the Magpies !!!!!!!

Butch

Juniors
Parra, sorry, they have around 200 members ( Old Boys ) great to see some active members as well including Gary Belcher.

There has also been an Advisory Board put in place that actually advises the Maggies Board, this Board is headed up by the Hierachy of Cavalier, a couple of Bank Managers and 4 other Business men, also includes former stars Gary Thompson and Gary Belcher.

Could the Magpies become the first privately owned Qld cup club.

Latest posts