What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty Panthers V Parramatta

franklin2323

Immortal
It really is disappointing, this most recent Covid outbreak, not just the fact our home game againgst the Eels impacted, just generally for all citizens of the state and country. We can only hope the 14 day lockdown is sufficient although one cannot help but think it may take more than a fortnight.

Hopefully, our players come through tonight unscathed so all are fit and able to take there place in our team against the Eels. Despite the fact it will be played to an empty stadium it is a massive game in the context of our season and our quest to secure a top two finish.

Depends what the outcome they want is really. Zero will take longer but if they want just close contacts than 2 weeks is fine.

Especially as Mountains and Coast are covered despite no cases. They will want it open up ASAP

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Just read this article on the NRL website and it says that there will be no crowds at Sydney NRL games.
Grounds outside the Sydney (but still in NSW) area are allowed 50% capacity.

Kilkenny

Coach
Depends what the outcome they want is really. Zero will take longer but if they want just close contacts than 2 weeks is fine.

Especially as Mountains and Coast are covered despite no cases. They will want it open up ASAP
While ever we crave this entirely unrealistic notion of eradication of Covid. It can’t be eradicated, isn’t going to be.

I did a lot of reading today around the subject of Covid and the impact of vaccinations going forward.

Given my readings today, I am better educated and perhaps I more fully understand the impact of getting up to 80% of our population vaccinated given there is evidence, particularly in Israel, which suggests there is a reduced risk of vaccinated persons passing on the virus.

Were stuck with this lockdown for more than 14 days, we’re just going to have to suck it up unfortunately.

franklin2323

Immortal
While ever we crave this entirely unrealistic notion of eradication of Covid. It can’t be eradicated, isn’t going to be.

I did a lot of reading today around the subject of Covid and the impact of vaccinations going forward.

Given my readings today, I am better educated and perhaps I more fully understand the impact of getting up to 80% of our population vaccinated given there is evidence, particularly in Israel, which suggests there is a reduced risk of vaccinated persons passing on the virus.

Were stuck with this lockdown for more than 14 days, we’re just going to have to suck it up unfortunately.

There is 0 chance we get that many vaccinated. There are too many out there anti it really

DinkyDi

Juniors
Shelves are empty at Coles, Winmalee.

Im thinking of sending Westy a personal message to see if he can look after me, happy to pay the postage.
You live near me. Woolworths Emu Plains the same. I managed to get some from Alidi's, Emu Plains.

Kilkenny

Coach
There is 0 chance we get that many vaccinated. There are too many out there anti it really
The way our roll out is going well be lucky to get half our population vaccinated.

I was just more quoting so called experts and what is apparently the way forward to get ourselves out of this mess, not just opening our own borders, but international as well. I really fear we don’t have an exit strategy and we could be experiencing the same woes in two or three years to come. It is that scary.

Kilkenny

Coach
You live near me. Woolworths Emu Plains the same. I managed to get some from Alidi's, Emu Plains.
Your bum is fully appreciative. Thank goodness for Aldi.

I know I am making light of a sad situation, but I really fear we have locked ourself into a situation we have no way out of. It’s going to be an ongoing merry go around for years to come.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Your bum is fully appreciative. Thank goodness for Aldi.

I know I am making light of a sad situation, but I really fear we have locked ourself into a situation we have no way out of. It’s going to be an ongoing merry go around for years to come.
Exactly, however, we will come out, eventually.

Kilkenny

Coach
Panic no reality buying yes.We where always going to get lockdown
Panic buying is why there is no dunno paper on the shelves.

If everyone did what they they normally do, no issue.

My own wife fell into the trap yesterday, went to the Winmalee Shopping Centre, she couldn't even get a parking spot. From a distance she could see the shopping trolleys full of toilet paper. So sad.

MugaB

Coach
Not sure why the game couldn't have moved to Bathurst or canberra, but i can assume, that the temptation for fans to travel and break the lockdown could be the reason

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It really is disappointing, this most recent Covid outbreak, not just the fact our home game againgst the Eels impacted, just generally for all citizens of the state and country. We can only hope the 14 day lockdown is sufficient although one cannot help but think it may take more than a fortnight.

Hopefully, our players come through tonight unscathed so all are fit and able to take there place in our team against the Eels. Despite the fact it will be played to an empty stadium it is a massive game in the context of our season and our quest to secure a top two finish.

I was comming down for the game and catching up with my kids. Now we are gunna have a zoom virtual catch up and all watch the game together. Not quite the same. But these days you have to adjust to what's happening in this covid world.

Some folks doing it real tough losing jobs, having their business in trouble.

Just hope everyone is keeping themselves safe.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not sure why the game couldn't have moved to Bathurst or canberra, but i can assume, that the temptation for fans to travel and break the lockdown could be the reason

Coming from regional nsw. I'd prefer they play to an empty stadium. The way things are going, we'll all be locked down soon enough.

Bringing games to country not a great idea (in my opinion) always get some idiots who decided they'll have a trip to the bush as the rules don't apply to them.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Coming from regional nsw. I'd prefer they play to an empty stadium. The way things are going, we'll all be locked down soon enough.

Bringing games to country not a great idea (in my opinion) always get some idiots who decided they'll have a trip to the bush as the rules don't apply to them.
Panic buying has already begun, and I believe this lockdown will be increased from two weeks, to four. Stay safe.