What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty Panthers V Parramatta

WestyLife

First Grade
He will stay because being cheap. $250k or so he is on that figure it is a no brainer to sign

Pretty much. Whether he was responsible for winning or not those recent games definitely would've effected his earning potential.

Westy, don't discount Covid AZ shot reaction , if you have had the shot.

I haven't had it. You'd think retail workers would be a priority. Especially big companies seeing thousands of customers a day.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pretty much. Whether he was responsible for winning or not those recent games definitely would've effected his earning potential.

I haven't had it. You'd think retail workers would be a priority. Especially big companies seeing thousands of customers a day.

You should be eligible you should try it agai

murraymob

First Grade
We need one. I’m not suggesting we can afford marquee money, but we really do need another front rower whether you like it or not.

I don’t know who, but our recruitment team needs to be exploring our options.

No one wants to go there but seriously if we could secure Matt Lodge for three seasons with the broncos kicking in half his salary he would really add value to our roster. Seriously there simply isn’t any body out there who could offer the same sort of value for $400k a season.
The broncos are asking for a huge amount to be payed by the team he goes to.A deal was done with tigers then the broncos wanted even more payed deal fell through .No chance they will pay half of his salary

Original Name

Juniors
We need one. I’m not suggesting we can afford marquee money, but we really do need another front rower whether you like it or not.

I don’t know who, but our recruitment team needs to be exploring our options.

No one wants to go there but seriously if we could secure Matt Lodge for three seasons with the broncos kicking in half his salary he would really add value to our roster. Seriously there simply isn’t any body out there who could offer the same sort of value for $400k a season.
He's reported to be on different amounts by different people but it's somewhere between 600K-800K for 3 years (?)and we have a bit of spare change. Broncos would only be willing to pay so much. He'd have to sacrifice a significant portion of it himself. Over three years it'd probably be close to one million dollars he'd have to be willing to walk away from.

Last edited:
What do people think of Aaron Woods? Not sure what he would want, but would add experience and could do a job off the bench. Could be a good test of the old ‘players want to come here for less to potentially play for a premiership’.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the home game againgst the Eels is massive for us going into the back end of the season.

A win probably cements our position in the top two while a loss really opens up the top four spots.

I hope we come through SOO two unscathed and are at full strength.

The Eels probably haven’t been firing on all cylinders but at this stage of the season I don’t think you have to be.

I think they are a very good side at there best, and we will have to be at our best to beat them.

MrBlack

Juniors
Ok. So this game has been sold out for weeks now. If the current restrictions are still in place how does the club cull it back to a 50% capacity???

franklin2323

Immortal
Ok. So this game has been sold out for weeks now. If the current restrictions are still in place how does the club cull it back to a 50% capacity???

It is 75% at full. Members will get in that is all I care about. In reality it seems they are doing localised lockdowns. So should be right

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it is 50% capacity in the non seated areas which is the current arrangements. It may change given the current Covid situation, who knows really, the whole thing is just stupid.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is 75% at full. Members will get in that is all I care about. In reality it seems they are doing localised lockdowns. So should be right
That’s very selfish Franklin.

This whole Covid situation is such a mess.

Do our Government, bureaucrats actually have any exit strategy out of this mess given even when we achieve 80% vaccination in the far distant future this virus will still be in existence.

All the vaccination achieves is reducing the risk or death or serious illness, doesn’t prevent or stop the virus.

I don’t get it, I really don’t. if we are shutting down our borders again on the back of a couple of dozen cases now, we’ll the reality is our borders will never reopen.

Covid 19 or its future mutations is now with us forever basically and the way our politicians and there advisors are dealing with it is farcical.

There is no exit strategy, we will continue with this knee jerk reaction for goodness knows how many years to come.

DinkyDi

Juniors
That’s very selfish Franklin.

This whole Covid situation is such a mess.

Do our Government, bureaucrats actually have any exit strategy out of this mess given even when we achieve 80% vaccination in the far distant future this virus will still be in existence.

All the vaccination achieves is reducing the risk or death or serious illness, doesn’t prevent or stop the virus.

I don’t get it, I really don’t. if we are shutting down our borders again on the back of a couple of dozen cases now, we’ll the reality is our borders will never reopen.

Covid 19 or its future mutations is now with us forever basically and the way our politicians and there advisors are dealing with it is farcical.

There is no exit strategy, we will continue with this knee jerk reaction for goodness knows how many years to come.
The government was doing a great job, until recently. The unvaccinated, non wearing PPE, transport driver is the cause of this latest outbreak. He was a lot to answer for.

soc123_au

Staff member
The government was doing a great job, until recently. The unvaccinated, non wearing PPE, transport driver is the cause of this latest outbreak. He was a lot to answer for.
The government have done a terrible job. It's a flu. I'm not really one for conspiracy theories, but the whole narrative around covid is complete and utter bullshit. It's fear mongering pure and simple.

Latest posts