What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty pennies v the tigpies

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s a huge ask this Friday night but at the same time great to see our kids getting there opportunity to debut or in the case of J’Maine get his second appearance and more minutes. We are all looking forward to it and in many respects it will be about the performance not necessarily the result.

Blade23

Juniors
How do Origin match payments work for 18th man?

Does he get a week off work and $30k to watch Origin from one of the best seats in the house? Or does he only get paid if activated?

They never used to get paid. Some use to get nominal amounts if there were there all week with the team. Others got freebies like merchandise and tickets for family. Depending on leftovers.
As @ThristyPanther's link says a proposal is being put forward.
With the new concussion rules, all players officially named 18th man in Origin, and have trained with the team, should get paid in full. Regardless if they play.
I think it will go through but one can never be sure with the NRL.

Blade23

Juniors
I think it is pretty stupid Api is not allowed to play for us. When the reality is he more than likely won't play.
18th man should have been a player from a team that has the bye this weekend.

My understanding is they picked Api because Tedesco is in a little bit of doubt. He is expected to play but If ruled out beforehand. Turbo to FB and Wighton to centre with Api on the bench. Or the option of Campbell Graham in the centres.
All about covering all bases for them.

Jane Murray

Bench
My understanding is they picked Api because Tedesco is in a little bit of doubt. He is expected to play but If ruled out beforehand. Turbo to FB and Wighton to centre with Api on the bench. Or the option of Campbell Graham in the centres.
If that happens, and Tedesco is rubbed out, I think Graham will come in.

Keen to see tago and kiks go hard.
The tigers are bad. I reckon our sgball team could take them.
We will win comfortably.

I love the enthusiasm but depends on what Tiggers team turns up. Some weeks they have been awful, but others they have played with good line speed that gives them confidence in attack. I am pretty sure we know what the Panthers will deliver (which will be a solid, but unspectacular performance; the club as a whole looks so disciplined at the moment).

Vicpanther

Juniors
I love the enthusiasm but depends on what Tiggers team turns up. Some weeks they have been awful, but others they have played with good line speed that gives them confidence in attack. I am pretty sure we know what the Panthers will deliver (which will be a solid, but unspectacular performance; the club as a whole looks so disciplined at the moment).
The only decent attack they seem to have is Laurie. Out of the handfull of games I have seen of them there is never any urgency.
Our defence should still be just as good. And our attack may waiver a little but I have faith in Burton.

age.s

First Grade
Massive game for May. Big minutes in his preferred position. He could (imo) start in the halves at a number of clubs, but he's turning into a no more than decent utility with quiet performance after quiet performance. Real opportunity for him to show potential suitors he can handle a more prominent role.

Kilkenny

Coach
May is a poor half. If he was a starter at other clubs, those clubs would be doing shit.
Billy you just liked one of my posts. Never thought in my wildest imagination I would ever see the day. We’re friends again, happy days.

just on Tyrone he is what he is I guess. A square peg in a round hole. He is a footy player though and he may just surprise us this Friday night. (No pun intended). Let’s hope so.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Billy you just liked one of my posts. Never thought in my wildest imagination I would ever see the day. We’re friends again, happy days.

just on Tyrone he is what he is I guess. A square peg in a round hole. He is a footy player though and he may just surprise us this Friday night. (No pun intended). Let’s hope so.

He's fine as a utility; as a starting half full-time at an NRL club? Hell no.

franklin2323

Immortal

Having in the 20 man squad made sense for that reason but should of did what QLD did and not number the reserves. That way like Mahoney he can drop out if not needed in FG.

There are 20 players there as was the case with QLD

franklin2323

Immortal
Massive game for May. Big minutes in his preferred position. He could (imo) start in the halves at a number of clubs, but he's turning into a no more than decent utility with quiet performance after quiet performance. Real opportunity for him to show potential suitors he can handle a more prominent role.

Still not sure he plays the whole game there but should get 80 mins

franklin2323

Immortal

He will do a job. What other options were there? Frizell doesn't get hurt Martin is not in team ( likely doesn't play game 2).

Leota's brain explosion as well as Api's call up both wouldn't of been expected.

Both would of let a rookie 7 ease into the game. Given who is available this is the best side can run out

Kilkenny

Coach
He will do a job. What other options were there? Frizell doesn't get hurt Martin is not in team ( likely doesn't play game 2).

Leota's brain explosion as well as Api's call up both wouldn't of been expected.

Both would of let a rookie 7 ease into the game. Given who is available this is the best side can run out

I think we all agree on the team selection for Friday night.

It will be interesting to see whether we can be competitive and be a chance of winning.

Seriously the betting currently are silly, if I was ever going to have a punt in a two horse race the West Tigers are way overs.