What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MIKE PATTON Says MR. BUNGLE Is Officially Done

MILLWALL

Juniors
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, former FAITH NO MORE singer Mike Patton revealed that after a five-year recording break, experimental rockers MR. BUNGLE are officially done. "I'm at a point now where I crave healthy musical environments, where there is a genuine exchange of ideas without repressed envy or resentment, and where people in the band want to be there regardless of what public accolades may come their way," Patton said. "Unfortunately, MR. BUNGLE was not one of those places.

"We could have probably squeezed out a couple more records but the collective personality of this group became so dysfunctional," Patton added. "This band was poisoned by one person's petty jealousy and insecurity, and it led us to a slow, unnatural death. And I'm at peace with that, because I know I tried all I could."

MR. BUNGLE landed a contract with Warner Bros. after FAITH NO MORE released their commercial breakthrough album, 1989's "The Real Thing". The label subsequently issued 1991's "Mr. Bungle", 1995's "Disco Volante" and 1999's "California".

It sadens me to hear the words mr bungle is over

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Although this news is about 2 years old, it's still sad. I loved 'California' and wanted to see what was next. New Fantomas album in a few months though

Le Rouge

Juniors
Yeah this isn't really a surpise at all but it is still a big shame.

I was was lucky to catch them on their last tour out here for the California album and Patton somersaulted into the crowd landing right on top of me pretty much, lucky he isn't a big heavy bloke.

Patton has worked on an upcoming album with Bjork where there is no instruments at all, The music will be created only by voices, seems interesting except for the Bjork part of it...... i can only tolerate her in small doses.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
He has a album out currently with a collaboation with a Norwegian artist, whose name I have forgotten, also. No doubt it shall be oddball.

Glen

Bench
Patton should consider going back to unhealthy music environments, because Tomahawk is weak and Fantomas is good, but Bungle was way better