What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichello Dropped from State of Origin

Craigshark

First Grade
Its not posted in here so i thought i would let you know that he has been dropped from State of Origin..
Also on Ray Hadleys show this morning Nick Polites (Sorry about the spelling, if its wrong) your CEO rang from over-seas and said to Hadley that if there was any Roosters players involved in the incidents that occured their contracts would be torn up..
Wonder whats gonna happen..

magpiemax

Juniors
As much as I hate the Rooster's, Minichielo has been made a scapegoat here.And I hope Hadley is now happy. D*ckhead he is. :clap:

magpiemax

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
I don't have any idea what the Roosters will do. I do doubt they will tear up his contract.
The only problem here is that Nick Politis whilst talking to Hadley today on his talkback show said "dont worry Ray,If I find out that any of our player's have taken our game into disrepute,they will have their contract torn."
So I dont know what will happen,but I think Politis acted to hastily on the spur of the moment.

m0j0

Bench
Haven't caught much news tonight and I was wondering if the specific reason for Mini's punishment have been stated. In some stories he has been punished merely for bringing a phone into camp (which was against a specific order). Other stories have him placed with Gasnier as he made the call (and presumably the mystery voice on the tape).

magpiemax

Juniors
Mainly it's the fact that all player's were instructed under no circumstances to bring a phone.The voice in the background does'nt hold much substance.
Bacically after all the pounding Hadley gave Geoff Carr on his program this morning,that Carr should be sacked for being to weak....etc....etc.....
Geoff Carr and co......had to find someone else to be punted.
But dont get me wrong as I feel genuinely no woman should be subjected to the crap that some of these dopey player's have been up to.
But I must say, some people in the media are'nt to bad at bringing the game in to disrepute themselves. :|

dice

Juniors
Mini will cop it for lying to Roosters management but I can't see them tearing up his contract.

magpiemax

Juniors
No neither can I.
Maybe if he did what Gasnier did #-o yes.But one would think they will give him the benefit of the doubt.

same Misty. I think he'll be the shocked one when Ricky gets hold of him though.

Kt, none of us here know. From what I have read Nick Politis is overseas and will be speaking to him on the Monday after Origin. I can't confirm that though, as I said it's just what I've read. So I guess it will be some days before we hear anything official.

ktcoop

Juniors
Yeah I know no one knows yet but just raising ??'s
I am a Roosters supporter and think that what has happened is totally unacceptable, fair enough it happened in Origin camp & they have been fined &/or kicked out for being involved.
I know they have been punished already and their names dragged through the papers and all (unlike other clubs players....).
Which is pretty much the same as what happened to Walker - therefor there would have to be some sort of punishment from the Roosters ......
I like, any other Roosters supporter, would hate to see them not play first grade for a week or longer but maybe that is what they need to learn that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable.

P.S. Yes I am a Chris Walker Supporter!!! :D

misty

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
same Misty. I think he'll be the shocked one when Ricky gets hold of him though.

:lol: I can't waite to see how the Roosters handle this one ;-)

and as for that Mason get that prick out of the game alltogether.

dice

Juniors
I rectract my earlier comment. If the latest rumblings about Mini are true I am not so sure his contract won't be torn up.

Ando67

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what happens,Gould and Stuart are 2 great coaches who don't like to be put in the spot light for the wrong things 8)

But i'm sure the Roosters will overcome this mess and win the comp ;-) 8) :lol: :lol:

RoostarGirl

Juniors
misty said:
I'm shocked that Mini was involved in something like this.

I'm shocked, disappointed I would go as far to say even heart broken....not so much over what he did....I just never thought any of our boys were stupid enough to break the rules and for Mini hanging out will Willy Mason :roll: ...I'm also disappointed for Wingy for going out after...even though he didn't do much wrong its still stupid. I reckon being out until 3am was good enough...consdering they have an important upcoming game :evil:

Personally I would hate to see Mini gone from our Club....I understand Management have a tough decision to make but hey!!! if he leaves our Club he will help destroy them playing for someone else...were is the justice in that???

Its a first stupid offence from Mini and I think if they keep Walker then they ought to keep Mini....but zero tolerance from here on for anyone stupid enough to do something else. Let Mini's and Walker's offences be everyone first offence - cut the crap :cry: .

Mini has paid the ulimate price for his stupidity of ignoring and lying to officials about his phone, but if we were to beleive everything that is published he would be hung out and crucified by now.

I will most deffinately stand by Anthony, and are pretty sure that he has and will learn big time from this leason.

His punishment is severe, yet it is something that isnt negoitable.........BUT it seems pretty cruel as long as there is a proven drug taking gorilla that has no respect for no-one including himself still in the team.

I will never cheer for QLD but I will cheer that they smash the ape everytime he takes the ball up.

Keep your chin up Anthony hopefully there will be game 2 for you. :)

Ando67 said:
Just gives all those bloody Rooster bashers more amo :( :( :(
But you load the gun up so well....
Seriously though...
He took the phone out ..
he said it was stolen..... :roll:
Gasnier was dumb enough to ring the number....Given to him from minichello cause the complaint went to the roosters first off.
He knew exactly what was going on.
He has paid the rightful price and MASON SHOULD GO TO!
Club level-Gould wants out according to the paper so I can imagine that Minichello has fallen out with him BUT...
I doubt that his contract would be torn up unless there is EXTREME pressure from above.