What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichello vs Hunt vs Inglis

Hunt vs Inglis vs Mini

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 10972

miccle said:
Best under the high ball - Hunt/Mini tie

Best support player - Inglis/Hunt tie

Best in open space - Inglis/Mini tie

Best kick returner - Inglis/Mini tie

Best playmaking skills - Hunt

Best defender - Inglis

It's bloody hard to separate them, that's for sure. Probably Inglis and Mini with Hunt just behind them... but I can't only vote for one of Greg or Mini. Too tough.

Mini is probably the more proven defender as a fullback. Inglis at fullback hasn't really been tested in defence, only time i can remember ver having to attempt a try saver one-on-one he was stepped & left for dead by Amos Roberts. Mini pulls off countless try-savers.

Red Bear

Referee
Minichello for suer, excellent defender, runs back at the line and excelletn positional player. links well enough in attack as well.

stoodamire

Juniors
Fullback needs, organsational, defensive, high ball skills of Matthew Ridge
Kick Returns, Playmaking skills, Open space of Darren Lockyer
Support play Billy Slater/Brett Mullins

Inglis and Mini are the closet to those.

Hunt IIRC was pretty bad under the high ball, not a great defender either

Navjot

Juniors
I would say mini for his all round game and his ability to break the line and beat the first defender quite regularly, But hodgo can set up a try for others better than the other three IMO.

Hazy

Juniors
If Mini was fit - he would be the Australian fullback for the tri-nations.

Inglis & Hunt would be on the wings, Hodges in the centres - (probably with Cooper), and if any of the above three weren't in the run on side - they would be the back on the bench.

Bman26

Juniors
Hunt defending a 1 on 1 is a round-about, i distinctly remember trent barret going around him to score a try....

salivor

First Grade
Mini. I don't see Inglis playing much fullback at all in his career, He'll be a centre at club level and Centre/Winger at rep level for a little while now and eventually make a shift to 5/8. Hunt is similar in that his future lies in the halves and we're probably a year or two from seeing him make the switch.

D

Deleted member 10972

Minichiello is by far the world's best fullback, though don't forget he was a winger till 2003. Before than he was an above average winger. We had Minichiello (future Aus fullback) & Mullins (previous Aus fullback) on the wings, with the ever-underrated Luke Phillips at fullback.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bman26 said:
Hunt defending a 1 on 1 is a round-about, i distinctly remember trent barret going around him to score a try....

And i distinctly remember Barrett dropping the ball over the line against Canberra in an opening round a couple of yrs back...that doesnt mean TB doesnt know how to score a try.
I remember R Stuart throwing an intercept in game 2 of the Roo tour of 1990....doesnt mean he doesnt know how to pass.
Every player in the comp..every player past or present has had a F up.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Bman26 said:

That wasn't a one on one defensive lapse on cutie's behalf, Barrett simply out paced him... not actually relevant to your "round-about" theory

philstorm

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
Am I the only bloke who rates Billy Slater in here?? Suspensions aside, he's easily in the top 3 fullbacks running around IMO. I'm surprised you didn't mention him Phil, Storm fan n all...

Out of those 3, Mini by a nose. I'd have Inglis at Centre - and he'd be nearest the best centre in the comp at that.

He completely slipped my mind bbjf! With the unfortunate season that Billy had this year, he's really fallen off the radar of alot of fans (even myself seeing as how I forgot to mention him!).

The real test came for Billy in the GF this year - he didn't spark a victory, but he proved his critics wrong (who said Inglis should be Full-Back) and had a fine game.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Mini has definately been the form fullback in NRL after Lockyer shifted to five eighth. He's been unfortunate with injuries, but will come back firing for sure.

Having said that, if Hunt plays very well (better than he has been playing) in the series, and continues the great form with the broncos, Mini might miss out next year. The other factor that helps Hunt is his second man play with lockyer.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Mini is the man, alround he is the strongest alround, he always breaks the 1st tackle and always in position. He outclasses them both especially Hunt in defense and also outclasses them under the high ball especially Hunt!

melon....

Coach
Bman26 said:
Hunt must be complete crap, if one of the crappiest to wear the Red Stain could go through him. Was HUnt even there? And did Barret actually ground the ball or was it another Oki Chokie dropsy.

Saints are so f**ked.

Mr Saab

Referee
Rotten Rooster said:
Mini outclasses them under the high ball especially Hunt!

What games do you watch? Hunt is excellent under the highball.
I have seen Mini drop them cold.
One game i recall was when Sterling made comment that Mini is the safest fullback in the comp...next set...Mini drops a bomb with no pressure on him.
How was Minis performance in the 2004 GF? Recall he didnt have a great game with his hands.
Mini is a fine player and the best fullback of the three, but he is not without his faults either.

Big Pete

Referee
Minichello on past performances.

However Hunt and Inglis have plenty of growing left in them, wouldn't rule out either yet.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Geez, Inglis has a decent month and he's Changa......

I wonder how good Hunt would be if he has Rhys Wesser's job, or Hodgesons for example. That's gotta be a consideration.

Over the last 3 years (about when Mini from memory moved to fullback), from what I have seen in that position, and the loss of those players have on their clubs, the list would be:

Mini
Hodgson
Schifcofske
Patton
Wesser
McKinnon
Bowen.

OK. cutie and Ingliss have better backups in Hodges and Slater. But I'll argue that Hodges and Slater are better fullbacks anyway than Hunt or Inglis. Gotta mention Greenshields too. He's a bottler, with an Origin fullback Hornby to back him up. Beagle fans go nuts over Stuart, rightly so to.

Put it this way. If Patten, Stewart, Greenshields, McKinnon or Wesser replaced Hunt at the broncos, there wouldn't be much difference.

The roles that Mini, Clinton and Hodgeson play at their clubs renders them nearly irreplaceable.

Rage

Juniors
melon.... said:
Hunt must be complete crap, if one of the crappiest to wear the Red Stain could go through him. Was HUnt even there? And did Barret actually ground the ball or was it another Oki Chokie dropsy.

Saints are so f**ked.

:lol: melon you just made my day

personally i'm a storm fan so i'll happily admit i'm biased. Hunt for me just doesn't seem to have the same spark about him as the other two do. i'm not keen on the little jump step he does, if he changed direction when he did it it wouldn't be so bad but he doesn't and he usually gets smashed for his troubles. He still has a lot of potential though.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Kiwi said:
I'd welcome Ingliss into the team for sure, not in a Hunt swap and not to play fullback.

with you man... never would swap one for the other. If inglis was to come to the broncos, id put hunt at halfback and inglis in the fullback position. Never would trade hunt for inglis though..

Latest posts