What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miniciello must be shown the door

Michelle Leslie

Juniors
Time for a business decision at Bondi.

He might have been a great player.
He might make a miraculous comeback.
He might have squandered money in the past.

I really really really dont care.

Its time for the roosters to force his hand.
Its time to get rid of him because his choices are directly effecting recruitment and retention.

Do you think the roosters would have lost Topou???

No.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Surprisingly good call
If i were the roosters id be letting him go also, he was a fine player and has had a magnificant career but they cant afford to carry dead salary cap weight. Even if Minichello does come back, i doubt he'd be near the same player he was.

The curtain is coming down on Mini, sadly.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd say the board would be pretty much thinking the same thing. I'm assuming he has one last chance left in him.

Do you think a case like this where a star player is inured and it is a major injurt should be exempt from the Salary cap for the amount of time he is out. I know it could open a can of worms but the Rorters shouldnt be punished cos Minichello is out for up to 18 months

stuke

Bench
Do you think a case like this where a star player is inured and it is a major injurt should be exempt from the Salary cap for the amount of time he is out. I know it could open a can of worms but the Rorters shouldnt be punished cos Minichello is out for up to 18 months

that's all a part of it though, balancing your squad so as you have depth and are not totally reliant on one player.

renouf

Juniors
hes gone... be lucky to recover from that sort of injury, usually they don't mess around with them.

badav

Bench
Grrr we'd be a much better team with a fully fit Mini every week.. bloody back.

That type of injury is not something that can really be repaired to full strength again. The spine is not something you can f**k around with and im sure it will get to the stage where he will retire early out of consideration for his long term health much like Tallis.

Choppies

Coach
Whilst I do agree he should be cut loose which is sad because of the service he has given but Rugby league is a business and if he is taking up cap space that can be spent on another players that is not injury prone then so be it.
These last 2 years have really shown his never say die attitude though for which he must be applauded.

GrkBoi

Juniors
In my opinion the club should honour the contract out of loyalty just like the way hes remained loyal to the club. Mini cooda have been making heaps more somewhere else but chose to remain at the club, the least the club cood do is honour the contract...

In my opinion the club should honour the contract out of loyalty just like the way hes remained loyal to the club. Mini cooda have been making heaps more somewhere else but chose to remain at the club, the least the club cood do is honour the contract...

I agree entirely although I hope Mini takes the decision himself, to stand down.
Ideally I hope he can serve the club in some off-field capacity.

Latest posts