What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miniciello must be shown the door

Brycey

Juniors
In my opinion the club should honour the contract out of loyalty just like the way hes remained loyal to the club. Mini cooda have been making heaps more somewhere else but chose to remain at the club, the least the club cood do is honour the contract...
Exactly, people get up in arms about SBW walking on his contract, the Roosters cannot walk out on Mini's, he helped us to 4 grand finals (was instrumental in the 2000 gf qualifier) and a premiership. He deserves some respect from the club and I am proud that so far they have given him the respect he deserves, football might be a business but its good to see a team showing heart and loyalty to a down and out player.

Ryan

Juniors
People talk about clubs not being loyal. The Roosters have paid him for HOW long? He's a great player mate, and I'll have to disagree with you. He's back soon, and your team looks completely different with him in there.

If we didn't have Brett Stewart, I'd take a shot at him, but we have Brett Stewart - so no, Rooster for life IMO.

The Survivor

Juniors
Miniciello will retire, Soliola will join Cronulla and the Roosters will sign Greg Inglis........I can only hope.

The Survivor

Juniors
Exactly, people get up in arms about SBW walking on his contract, the Roosters cannot walk out on Mini's, he helped us to 4 grand finals (was instrumental in the 2000 gf qualifier) and a premiership. He deserves some respect from the club and I am proud that so far they have given him the respect he deserves, football might be a business but its good to see a team showing heart and loyalty to a down and out player.

That's all very good but when it means being unable to re-sign quality players like Tupou then something's gotta give.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The roosters shouldn't and won't get rid of him until his contract expires. Imagine the possible legal action that may arise. Minichiello sustained the injury which caused him to miss all these games while carrying out his normal duties for the club. If they ended his contract early, he could very possibly take the roosters to court to recover any lost monies due to the injury he sustained while working for them, which has made him unemployable by another club.

Bulldog Force

Referee
He is the Roosters best player. He might be getting on but the club must show him loyalty and give him a fair crack. He's got a back injury, those injuries don't just heal overnight. Give the kid a break.

Pierced Soul

First Grade

:clap: i'm not a roosters fan but love watching him play. it'd be disgusting if the club chose to cut him. we again talk about loyalty and i think the roosters ahve a chance to show their fans and players they wont just ditch someone cos of an injury whilst they're under contract

he may never ever ever be as good as he once was, but even if he comes back and is 60% the plaeyr he used to be he's still ahead of helluva lot of other backs

Shorty

Staff member
ML,I wonder what your stance was on the Sonny Bill issue...
Just because Mini is injured doesn't mean he should be dropped like a hot potato...considering he's short time between injuries...he seemed to play pretty well.
It's a back injury,not a corked thigh...patience is needed.

Mini signed a contract to be paid and injuries occur often in this sport.
I think he'll give it one last shot - But if his back is an issue again he'll retire.

sharknows

Bench
He's been loyal and given great service to the rorters. His health should be the main consideration and he should be compensated for the injury when he has to call it quits.

Tom Ace

Bench
The club should continue to pay him, injured or not, for the remainder of his contract. He is Rooster through and through and it's the least the club can do for a player that has given so much to the club.

sooperdooper

First Grade
there is no way the roosters are gonna get rid of him before he is off contract, they have been loyal for 3 seasons to him now... he has been loyal to
i would think mini may retire or try to jump ship overseas and make a quick buck.
i feel for him but that is life, he is in a greater position than many people.

Tommax25

Bench
People talk about clubs not being loyal. The Roosters have paid him for HOW long? He's a great player mate, and I'll have to disagree with you. He's back soon, and your team looks completely different with him in there.

If we didn't have Brett Stewart, I'd take a shot at him, but we have Brett Stewart - so no, Rooster for life IMO.

I wouldn't want him at manly anyway, he's too injury prone now. luckily stewart is going to be manly for life so we needn't worry about the fullback position for a long while. I reckon its in the clubs best interest to let him go if he can get a lucrative contract elsewhere. superleague will still pay him good money once he's back to fitness

Loudstrat

Coach
People forget that injured players are insured, so some of the funds get reouped.

And the timing of the comment....if Mini comes back for the semis, will there be calls to sack him then?

Would Bronco fans condone the sacking of a now injury prone Lockyer? Titans and Prince? Tigers and Benji?

there is no way the roosters are gonna get rid of him before he is off contract, they have been loyal for 3 seasons to him now... he has been loyal to
i would think mini may retire or try to jump ship overseas and make a quick buck.
i feel for him but that is life, he is in a greater position than many people.

I dont think any club would touch Mini anymore!