What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

minor flaws

knights57au

Juniors
Man i can't wait for this game!!!!! only 1..2, 3 weeks!!!!!

but just looking @ some of the pictures i've seen it isnt looking as real as expected. for example at the top of the page it shows an ad for the game. featuring the bulldogs half back brent sherwin with ...black hair??!?!
and in another picture i saw, it shows NEWCASTLE waiting for the saints to kick off and u see the newcastle #8 Josh perry, looking as thin as our 5/8 again wit messed up hair colors.

but in the end i spos i'll b able to look past that. i just hope the game play is nothing like that of RUGBY 2004. that was shocking!

well i look forward in see some replies

Cheers
-Chris

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
dont woz mate i think that it will look better in the game and it's probably just the way it got put up or something, besides the brent sherwin thing, but you can play with someone with different hair colour hey?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah minor little things like that add up and roll into one major problem which they should look at if they release a 2nd Rugby League game in the years to come. The worst thing that i found that was missing was the VIDEO REF i can't believe that's not in it!

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
yea but is there a point too it, the ref is like really spot-on anyway but i know what you mean, it would be a great feature, definitly in the 2cnd game if there is one :shock:

Petebix

Juniors
why should there be a video ref? It's a video game, you want a computer making a decision that the computer didn't make in the first place but which it could have because it's a computer but which it didn't because it's going to let the computer do it which is itself anyway.

HBG

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Yeah minor little things like that add up and roll into one major problem which they should look at if they release a 2nd Rugby League game in the years to come. The worst thing that i found that was missing was the VIDEO REF i can't believe that's not in it!

Video Ref - should make a few Souths fans happy. :lol: :lol:

Monkey

Juniors
video ref would be bloody hard to do. but if its in there next year, i wouldnt mind the odd wrong call. its a bit shit if the computer always got it right. should be like that in football games but it never is

doesn 't bother me that the video reff isn't in that would just slow down the gamplay....

But remember guys there will be many little things that aren't quiet in the game as this is Sidhes first league game...first sports game I think!!
just remember rome wasn't built in a day this great game will be but a taste of things to come! :)

I'm just glad the days of creating my league teams in NFL and basketball games is over! :)

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
doesn 't bother me that the video reff isn't in that would just slow down the gamplay....

But remember guys there will be many little things that aren't quiet in the game as this is Sidhes first league game...first sports game I think!!
just remember rome wasn't built in a day this great game will be but a taste of things to come! :)

I'm just glad the days of creating my league teams in NFL and basketball games is over! :)
youd use the bengals as a base team for the raiders in nfl games??
and the tigers in baseball games??

p.s. both teams are the worst teams in their sport

Petebix

Juniors
EELectrocuted said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:

youd use the bengals as a base team for the raiders in nfl games??
and the tigers in baseball games??

p.s. both teams are the worst teams in their sport
Didn't the raiders finish 4th this year? I mean sure I guess you could say they choked in the finals... although that warriors game was one hell of a match and really could have gone either way... but so did the eels... oh wait... wait...

umosay

Juniors
knights57au said:

but just looking @ some of the pictures i've seen it isnt looking as real as expected. for example at the top of the page it shows an ad for the game. featuring the bulldogs half back brent sherwin with ...black hair??!?!
and in another picture i saw, it shows NEWCASTLE waiting for the saints to kick off and u see the newcastle #8 Josh perry, looking as thin as our 5/8 again wit messed up hair colors.

but in the end i spos i'll b able to look past that. i just hope the game play is nothing like that of RUGBY 2004. that was shocking!

Cheers
-Chris

god some people are picky, by the way have you seen rugby 2004? you will see how great a job sidhe have done on the models if you play that game

TripleM

Juniors
While we're talking about minor things that I don't care about, anyone else notice in the grand final vid the player doing a "grab and shake" on thin air after the guy he was meant to tackle was brought to the ground by another tackler?

knights57au

Juniors
god some people are picky, by the way have you seen rugby 2004? you will see how great a job sidhe have done on the models if you play that game

Yeh i've played the game. the models are great i'll admit that , but the actual game play suck $#!+

ghoti

Bench
knights57au said:

Cheers
-Chris

Ah...nit-picking...it truly is an art isn't it?

Things like that don't bother me. Brett Kimmorley could look like a Scandinavian giant and it wouldn't bother me...as long as the gameplay is good and Cronulla don't lose in matches due to distraction on the coaches part, i'm happy.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Madden use the video ref type thing quite effectivly..... as said it would be hard to do, but something SIDHE should definatly have a look at, which im sure they will

the thing i will find most annoying is no jumping for bombs, but i can live with it :)

Goleel

Juniors
Maddens implementation of the challenge and video system works in theory, but in practice its just bloody annoying. I've had this arguement before with people, but in case you missed it, here's how Madden's works:

1. CPU challenges play, 80% of the time gets it reversed, meaning events that were good for you (fumbles, bad spots, catches out of bounds) get turned around.
2. You challenge play, watch replay, and see clearly that the decision was wrong. Look on in bewilderment as the CPU says, in a very womanly high pitched voice 'the ruling on the field stands', despite the video proving that the ruling was wrong.

Video ref is a great thing to have, but it'd cause more headaches than its worth to put it in with 100% accuracy. Let it go.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Goleel said:
Maddens implementation of the challenge and video system works in theory, but in practice its just bloody annoying. I've had this arguement before with people, but in case you missed it, here's how Madden's works:

1. CPU challenges play, 80% of the time gets it reversed, meaning events that were good for you (fumbles, bad spots, catches out of bounds) get turned around.
2. You challenge play, watch replay, and see clearly that the decision was wrong. Look on in bewilderment as the CPU says, in a very womanly high pitched voice 'the ruling on the field stands', despite the video proving that the ruling was wrong.

Video ref is a great thing to have, but it'd cause more headaches than its worth to put it in with 100% accuracy. Let it go.

mate you must have a dud copy
my vid ref is great, even when things dont go my way, it allows that "ARRG crap" feeling which creates more realism to the game just like calls in the real thing

and i have barely seen any bad calls by the vid ref, most a quiet acceptable

i do agree...... the refs voice is very high pitched
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lionmaul

Juniors
Goleel said:

I have played both madden and Espn and Espn is much more accurate, I have not seen one incorrect call by the video judge yet and it does not matter if it was for the AI or for my team. If Nrl game could implement a system like this for there next game it would be awesome. The Espn version of the Challenge system is flawless.
Cheers and Salu

Erhan

Juniors
Perhaps you could have the game going to the vid ref. if you score a try outwide so that you either just scored or just got bundled into touch. Eitherway, it would goto the vid. ref and you would be able to see it on slow mo. If you get over the novelty feature of it all, maybe toggling it on and off could be the go so it's all good either way..