What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misanthropes Distraction Mafia Game Thread

afinalsin666

First Grade
I targeted JM first night then switched, and flipped a coin on sgl and whoever I went night two. That could have been quite different.

Beeker

Juniors
Ha ha.
I actually did have wifi issues through Laos and didn't know I was in the game until day 3 or so. Then I just went and did my usual dumb play style.

Sadly sugah, I didn't get to drink plumb near enuff sweet tea like a good southern belle should.

soc123_au

Staff member
Bazal did the exact same thing and he was town. I figured it was butch, Beeker, JM, to be honest. With Beeker and JM being so inactive, I was concerned it'd be hard to get the momentum. butch had just purposely avoided a lynchtrain on someone confirmed mafia by the town investigator so figured that was a pretty sure thing... sure makes me feel better about some of my decisions, in particular one soc will enjoy sharing :lol:

Oh, I nearly forgot that one :lol:

On night 6 I hadn't gotten an action from AFS & I had said day would end at 6.00pm. With 15 minutes left I decided to proxy his action as town would be majorly disadvantaged (in my mind) if they didnt get a kill in. At the time there was what I thought enough evidence about to give them a better than average chance of hitting mafia. The random gen chose Apey to take the action. He sent it back saying to kill Cjrankin who had finaly struck gold in uncovering Hoggmaster. I laughed quite hard & stared at the pm in disbelief. Just before I posted the write up I checked the pm's again & AFS had opted to kill Mis. As it was his action I went with that.

cjrankin

Juniors
Oh, I nearly forgot that one :lol:

On night 6 I hadn't gotten an action from AFS & I had said day would end at 6.00pm. With 15 minutes left I decided to proxy his action as town would be majorly disadvantaged (in my mind) if they didnt get a kill in. At the time there was what I thought enough evidence about to give them a better than average chance of hitting mafia. The random gen chose Apey to take the action. He sent it back saying to kill Cjrankin who had finaly struck gold in uncovering Hoggmaster. I laughed quite hard & stared at the pm in disbelief. Just before I posted the write up I checked the pm's again & AFS had opted to kill Mis. As it was his action I went with that.

AFS mafia mvp for sure

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm sure I said SGL was bad before I died. Or maybe I just picked up on something but didn't follow it up.....probably cause I died.

Ah well, to be fair to town this wasn't exactly a scum faction you could read based on posting.

soc123_au

Staff member
I targeted JM first night then switched, and flipped a coin on sgl and whoever I went night two. That could have been quite different.

Very different. JM had Hogg's action protecting him that night. Its fair to say he would have been lynched the next day instead of Mickyj. With SGL it depends who Hogg used the protection on, but still a likely next day lynch if he did have the protection.

The only protection was factional lynch/night cover on Parra as Don & Hogg choosing a night protect.

Town had Apey with FFB factional lynch/night cover, Hoppity with survive first lynch & first night kill plus HowHigh choosing a target to protect each night.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Pffft, don't know what you guys are talking about. I had already won the game day 1. The rest of you were playing off for second place.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm sure I said SGL was bad before I died. Or maybe I just picked up on something but didn't follow it up.....probably cause I died.

Ah well, to be fair to town this wasn't exactly a scum faction you could read based on posting.

You and Drew both picked out mafia. Apart from Drew going after Hogg there wasnt a lot of conviction though. In one of the write ups I hinted about lynch trains being long & short.

In a day that went on like a January day in Iceland, the masses were not sure what to do. The trains were leaving the station in varying speeds. Some went a short distance others went for longer. Some were on the wrong track all together. This one included. Fortunately (or not depending on your perspective) Hoppity was wearing a light weight protection cardigan.

That was meant to imply that some of the votes were correct. It is obvious when you know who is who, but harder to pick up when you dont. Getting the write ups balanced with info but not obvious is harder than I thought.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
What got me killed.....

I was thinking Drew and KTF. KTF mentiioned that he had a power that wasnt shown up in the write up. Given the kill was shown, have to assume its a protect, or a roleblock.

I think we should go with:
Kill drew and KTF (ktf has confirmed himself in the thread to have a power)
Role block WP
Silence bazal
protect doesnt matter as they dont have a kill

:lol::lol:

My PM to Soc after the Hoppity lynch....

I would like to use my ability now, you know, the one so secret you're only learning about it right now. I use it to remove all protection from Hoppity, and the write up will reflect this by including a neon sign above him that says "kill me now".

Thank you, that will be all.

Keep trollin, trollin, trollin, trollin, trollin

BunniesMan

Immortal
JM had me fooled. In my mind he was as good as confirmed town.

I did my share of derping but if we went my way at the end it was still winnable. Wish I was on earlier in the phase but nobody would have listened to me over Apey.

soc123_au

Staff member
The QT will show my f**k up moment. I have to say the Mafia were good sports about it. If I wasnt able to correct it then they had the game won then & there with Hogg still alive.

soc123_au

Staff member
JM had me fooled. In my mind he was as good as confirmed town.

I did my share of derping but if we went my way at the end it was still winnable. Wish I was on earlier in the phase but nobody would have listened to me over Apey.

You weren't alone in derping, not by a long way. I know how it feels from Apeys game. :lol:
Some of your logic was bizzare though. Still I appreciated the way you were playing, I got many laughs & you did more than your share to keep the game moving along.

Latest posts