What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misanthropes Distraction Mafia Game Thread

Apey

Staff member
Just putting it out there, I did tell ya'll that Hogg and Beeker was suspicious. Hogg's role claim did convince me he was clean though.

The ironic thing for me is Drew was right about Hogg, but his suspicions on Hogg were started off by something factually incorrect; Hogg never voted in the Pugz lynch. As everyone knows, once you've got that mafia hard-on for someone, everything else they do feels suspicious. I feel like Drew ended up being right for the wrong reasons :lol:

AFS mafia mvp for sure

Nah, I targeted you for death with my chance action. I had two reasons, one was decent and the other was stupid (and also the first reason, lol).

Ah well, to be fair to town this wasn't exactly a scum faction you could read based on posting.

Well yeah, that too. Like I said, Bazal did exactly the same thing SGL did and he was town, so it wasn't reason enough to guarantee SGL was bad.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You weren't alone in derping, not by a long way. I know how it feels from Apeys game. :lol:
Some of your logic was bizzare though. Still I appreciated the way you were playing, I got many laughs & you did more than your share to keep the game moving along.

If Baz and Mis didn't go for me simply for the sin of believing Apeys argument I never would have gone down that whole path.

Apey

Staff member
In a day that went on like a January day in Iceland, the masses were not sure what to do. The trains were leaving the station in varying speeds. Some went a short distance others went for longer. Some were on the wrong track all together. This one included. Fortunately (or not depending on your perspective) Hoppity was wearing a light weight protection cardigan.

Lol I flip-flopped so hard on this write-up. At first I thought it meant I was right about Drew (1 of 3 only real lynchtrains, others being WP/BM I think), then I thought it probably meant they were all wrong, then I flip-flopped back and decided... nah I'm totally right about Drew!

Apey

Staff member
Take your time guys. Write up will be when you are all happy. It is important you choose wisely. Remember Apey has passive protection.

Like they needed help soc :p

soc123_au

Staff member
BM, it was just a joke. What I was surprised about was when KTF claimed a non existent power in the thread.

I will also explain my f**k up & the thinking behind rectifying it for those that read the QT.

Firstly I stuffed up by silencing Apey instead of Bazal. There had been talk of targeting Apey & I had in my head that in their position I would silence him. I had already told them Apey was unkillable as doing that was never intended to be an advantage to town having mafia waste kill attempts on him. So a silence was also the only real action to target him with. In the end they went Bazal & I stuffed it up.

Technicaly at that point Mafia had won anyway. With 11 alive, one townie silenced & 5 of them Town couldnt get a majority. Then SGL & Hogg voted in the lynch making it possible to go through. Apey was online at the time & had he been able to vote then the lynch would have taken place. I realised my stuff up this morning & the Mafia were happy to oblige to make things right. It had to be orchestrated in a way that didnt arouse suspicion that wasnt already there. There was enough suspicion on Bazal & Butch to allow SGL (who had already voted anyway) to jump back on & then JM to finish it. They took a pretty big risk considering a blocker was still in play. Had their kill or silence been blocked the next night town most likely would have won.

Stupid error on my part, but I was satisfied that it was corrected as well as it could be.

Beeker

Juniors
We were never gonna make an attempt on you Apey.
As soon as JM (?) suggested it, the rest of us said that wasn't going to work. Mis had to make it to end game otherwise we could have won without having the numbers.

We needed mcdicks and baz's help and pugz' silence. :D

soc123_au

Staff member
Like they needed help soc :p

Apart from reminding them about that I didnt help them at all I dont think. There was a few things they did that I thought wtf, but 2 of the wtf moments turned out to be master strokes.

Beeker

Juniors
Apart from reminding them about that I didnt help them at all I dont think. There was a few things they did that I thought wtf, but 2 of the wtf moments turned out to be master strokes.

When you're good, you're good.
And we were DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN good.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
Dutchy lynching Micky when the investigation came back town. I think he misread the PM & thought they were all 50/50. My intention with that role was to have Mafia afforded some protection from investigation, but have very little chance of a townie coming up bad. I did PM Dutchy & tell him that when the other investigator died his action would become 100% accurate. As it was the few results he got before being constantly blocked were accurate. Mafia were lucky they blocked him when they did as he targeted Mafia every time. I thought it was odd Mafia didnt block him when he announced he was checking out Parra, as it turns out it was genius as it put more pressure back in him & the focus off them.
I can shed a bit of light on this. WP shouldnt have announced in the thread who he was investigating or we would have blocked him. Its mentioned a bit in the QT but we didnt block WP because we knew there was a 50% chance it would clear Parra which would be obviously advantageous. If it didnt though we knew Parra couldnt be lynched, and all WP would have given you is a dead townie and an unkillable mafia. That was laced with constant suspicion of WP by me in the the threads. The moment I felt you guys were getting close to one of the mafia I was going to push for a WP lynch... fortunately you never did and we never had to use it.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah I was fairly surprised any mafia voted for Hogg. With one town silenced, town didn't have the majority to lynch. All they needed was their next kill and silence to go through and it was essentially 5 v 5 in the next day phase and a mafia win. I suppose hoping the silence going through was a risk in itself, though.

HowHigh

Coach
I protected Dutchy the whole time, wasn't convinced he was town but if it came up in the write up of someone trying to kill him that would have been evidence either way. The fact he announced he was an investigator and successully investigated and nobody tried to kill him was what I found sus.
In the write up when I died it confirmed I was protecting an important town player.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
Little disappointed we won actually given the quality of the pic for me in the write up. Wouldnt have minded seeing Georgia peach or Miss NY.

soc123_au

Staff member
Little disappointed we won actually given the quality of the pic for me in the write up. Wouldnt have minded seeing Georgia peach or Miss NY.

bikini_joes_rebel_flag_bikini.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

Beeker

Victorias-Secret-Yankees-Girl-Fitz-and-Vig.jpg

JM

goth-girl-sexy.jpg

SGL

Thailand-ladyboy.jpg

Parra

Last edited:

Latest posts