What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misi Taulapapa - the biggest grub of them all

skeepe

Immortal
What a disgraceful act. One of the worst I have ever seen on a football field. There was no other reason to hit Tongue other than having intent to cause injury. As a result, Alan Tongue will now be out for roughly 3-4 weeks with rib cartilage damage, or possibly a broken rib.

This is where we see what the media is really all about. After round 1, when Craig Wing did his shoulder, Riley Brown didn't have a friend in the world when it came to the Sydney media. He was lambasted from pillar to post when he had every right to do what he did. This time, the Sharks player had absolutely no right. He hit a player without the ball, who wasn't expecting it. In my books, this is as bad as a king hit and should be graded accordingly.

Taulapapa deserves to sit the rest of the season out. Anything less will be proof positive that the NRL favours Sydney teams.

BWNB

First Grade
What a disgraceful act. One of the worst I have ever seen on a football field. There was no other reason to hit Tongue other than having intent to cause injury. As a result, Alan Tongue will now be out for roughly 3-4 weeks with rib cartilage damage, or possibly a broken rib.

This is where we see what the media is really all about. After round 1, when Craig Wing did his shoulder, Riley Brown didn't have a friend in the world when it came to the Sydney media. He was lambasted from pillar to post when he had every right to do what he did. This time, the Sharks player had absolutely no right. He hit a player without the ball, who wasn't expecting it. In my books, this is as bad as a king hit and should be graded accordingly.

Taulapapa deserves to sit the rest of the season out. Anything less will be proof positive that the NRL favours Sydney teams.

One of the worst I have ever seen on a football field.
Hmmmm how long have you been watching footy for?

:lol: no...

In conclusion it was bad but you have gone way overboard.

Frailty

First Grade
Seriously, I'm convinced that the Raiders honestly believe they are always the Victim of everything. Referees are biased against them, so are video refs, commentators, the NRL, God...

Dutchy

Immortal
Seriously, I'm convinced that the Raiders honestly believe they are always the Victim of everything. Referees are biased against them, so are video refs, commentators, the NRL, God...

But they are correct about the God hate thing...look at the area he gave them!

skeepe

Immortal
Weyman? Bazal you have no idea. Even your fellow Eels fans think you're an idiot. The worst Weyman has done is hit a nancy boy who was shaping up to hit him. What Taulapapa did was a blatant assault. He had no intention other than to go in there and hurt Alan Tongue

Bazal

Post Whore
Weyman? Bazal you have no idea. Even your fellow Eels fans think you're an idiot. The worst Weyman has done is hit a nancy boy who was shaping up to hit him. What Taulapapa did was a blatant assault. He had no intention other than to go in there and hurt Alan Tongue

:lol: The irony....

Blatant assault? No...that's standing and throwing a haymaker at the marker, or dropping the elbow into a prone, tackled players head.

Bazal

Post Whore

It's a disability...Sure, what Taulapapa did was stupid and cheap...but worst ever? Rest of the season? I reckon being a Raiders fan has driven them to insanity

Dutchy

Immortal
istockphoto_1795210_cry_baby.jpg

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The problem with the incident was that it could only have been an attempt to land a cheap shot on Alan Tongue. There was no other reason to go in like that besides to attempt to hurt the opposition.

It wasn't like a high tackle or something that was a bit lazy, it was a full on hit on a player who wouldnt have been expecting one, because he was in defence.

I mean rest of the season is a bit much, but its certainly an incident that does deserve a decent suspension.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I really don't see the point about Weyman either. Even if he was a cheap shot merchant does that mean that its fair game for other sides to cheap shot someone like Alan Tongue and no raider fan is allowed to complain. If that was the case Shark supporters wouldn't ever be allowed to complain about foul play considering the amount of cheap shot merchants that play in that side.

It was a pretty blatant cheap shot, one of the worst this year at least. People were complaining about the Wing incident, but at least Craig Wing was attacking with the ball, you could make an argument that Riley Brown was just going in to complete a tackle, but I can't think of a single justification for Taulapapa going in like that.

Things like that is what the send off rule should be used for, if that isn't an attempt to deliberately injure an unaware player, what is?